• Coty Foreman, 24, of 2403 N. Central St., Lutcher, was arrested and charged with attempted manslaughter, violation of protective order at Nelson Coleman Correctional Center on June 28. Sheriff Champagne reports that the above subject was arrested on a warrant that was issued on June 28, 2006 for the above charges. On June 27, the above subject allegedly fired one shot at his ex-wife’s boyfriend’s vehicle. Foreman allegedly followed the victim after watching him stop and talk to his ex-wife. As the victim was driving away, Foreman allegedly shot at his vehicle striking his rear door. No one was injured during the incident. Foreman was later apprehended by police.
• Rendy D. Austin, 18, of 141 Adams St., Killona, was arrested and charged with carnal knowledge at LA. Hwy. 18 @ Bradwall St., Luling, on June 28. Sheriff Greg Champagne reports that the above subject was arrested on a warrant that was issued on Nov. 23, 2005 for carnal knowledge of a juvenile. In Nov. 2005, the above subject allegedly had sexual intercourse with a 14 year-old juvenile.
•Shane Helds, 26, of 126 Ormond Village, Destrehan, was arrested and charged with pornography involving a juvenile at Nelson Correctional Center on June 23. Sheriff Champagne reports that the above subject was arrested on two warrants for a total of 23 counts of pornography involving juveniles. In March of 2006, Helds contacted his ex-girlfriend numerous times by phone and by text messaging requesting some of his personal items, specifically his computer and porn. Upon the ex-girlfriend removing the items she discovered a hiding place where several porn DVD’s and CD’s were stored. After reviewing one of the DVD’s she realized that the DVD’s and CD’s contained children engaging in sexual acts with adult males and children engaging in sexual acts alone; at which time she immediately notified the Sheriff’s office. After an investigation, Helds was arrested and booked.
• Rendy Austin, 18, of 141 Adams St., Killona, was arrested and charged with poss. with intent to dist. cocaine, driver must be licensed and seat belt use at LA Hwy. 18 @ Bradwell St., Luling, on June 28. Sheriff Champagne reports that the above subject was stopped for not wearing a seat belt. Further investigation revealed the subject to be wanted and in poss. of cocaine.
• Michael J. Cedatol, 38, of 907 School St., Lockport, was arrested and charged with DWI, reckless operation, operating a vehicle while having a suspended license at U.S. 90, Paradis, on June 29.
• A Smith & Wesson 38 special firearm, total value $450, was reported stolen from 106 Ellen St., Ama, on June 28.
Subscribe Today and Save!!!
St. Charles Herald-Guide is an award-winning newspaper that covers all aspects of St. Charles Parish - from schools and parish government news to social events, features on our local residents and sports.
Order your subscription today!
Monsanto’s response to the World Health Organization (WHO) labeling its widely used...
A truck driver was arrested and charged with a DWI after crashing into three cars...
The United Way of St. Charles’ Bridge Run can expect some new faces this year, but...
It seems a little bit of St. Charles Parish culture could end up on TV this year....
Only the truly skilled, determined and competitive can even aspire to one day be...
Marked by an impressive historical mural telling St. Charles Parish’s history,...
It's All About You Interiors will help you turn your dream home into reality! At The Potting Shed Florist it is our mission to bring life and joy through the use of flowers and gardens!
42 child pornography images found on Norco man’s computer, police say - 5494 views
A Norco man has been arrested and charged with one count of pornography involving juveniles.