The Cook's Corner
Crawfish Cakes & New Orleans Hurricane
- 1 pound crawfish tailmeat
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 large whole eggs
- 2 tablespoons chives
- 2 tablespoons chopped red peppers
- 2 tablespoons chopped green peppers
- 1/2 tablespoon cajun seasoning, to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups fresh white bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1. Preheat broiler to 400 degrees.
2. Combine crawfish, mayonnaise, eggs, chives, cajun seasoning, pepper, red peppers, green peppers, mustard and Worcestershire sauce with half the bread crumbs.
4. Stir well. Shape crawfish mixture into 1-inch-by-4-inch patties and cover with remaining crumbs.
5. Transfer cakes to baking pan lined with foil.
6. Place pan on lowest rack and broil until light-brown, about 20 minutes.
7. Serve with greens and top with sauce.
Optional: pan saute cakes on non-stick skillet on medium-high heat for about three minutes on each side.New Orleans Hurricane
- 1/2 cup ice
- 2 fluid ounces light rum
- 2 fluid ounces passion
fruit flavored syrup
- 1 cup lemon-lime
flavored carbonated beverage
- 1 ounce lime juice
- 1 fluid ounce 151 proof rum
1. In a shaker, combine ice, light rum, passion fruit syrup, lemon-lime flavored carbonated beverage and lime juice.
2. Shake well and pour mixture into a Hurricane or other large specialty glass.
3. Float the 151 proof rum on top of the drink.
It was the ultimate example of mixed emotions for Martin Sylvain. ...
Marking its 40th year of revelry in Luling, the Krewe of Lul will roll with 62...
For the 62nd year, the Krewe of Des Allemands is set to roll Sunday (Feb. 26)...
Destrehan High School alumnus Will Sirmon IV appeared to have missed his chance to...
A post by St. Charles Parish School Board on its Facebook page at 10:52 a.m....
The worker missing after the Phillips 66 pipeline explosion in Paradis last...
Over 25 Years of Quality Sales, Service and Repairs on YAMAHA, MERCURY, EVINRUDE and JOHNSON Motors.
St. Charles School Board: Rumored bomb threat at Hahnville is speculation, but 'no creditable threat' - 2465 views
A post by St. Charles Parish School Board on its Facebook page at 10:52 a.m. debunked rumors of a bomb threat at Hahnville High School, but said there is added police presence on the campus as a precautionary measure.