The Cook's Corner
Crawfish Cakes & New Orleans Hurricane
- 1 pound crawfish tailmeat
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 large whole eggs
- 2 tablespoons chives
- 2 tablespoons chopped red peppers
- 2 tablespoons chopped green peppers
- 1/2 tablespoon cajun seasoning, to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups fresh white bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1. Preheat broiler to 400 degrees.
2. Combine crawfish, mayonnaise, eggs, chives, cajun seasoning, pepper, red peppers, green peppers, mustard and Worcestershire sauce with half the bread crumbs.
4. Stir well. Shape crawfish mixture into 1-inch-by-4-inch patties and cover with remaining crumbs.
5. Transfer cakes to baking pan lined with foil.
6. Place pan on lowest rack and broil until light-brown, about 20 minutes.
7. Serve with greens and top with sauce.
Optional: pan saute cakes on non-stick skillet on medium-high heat for about three minutes on each side.New Orleans Hurricane
- 1/2 cup ice
- 2 fluid ounces light rum
- 2 fluid ounces passion
fruit flavored syrup
- 1 cup lemon-lime
flavored carbonated beverage
- 1 ounce lime juice
- 1 fluid ounce 151 proof rum
1. In a shaker, combine ice, light rum, passion fruit syrup, lemon-lime flavored carbonated beverage and lime juice.
2. Shake well and pour mixture into a Hurricane or other large specialty glass.
3. Float the 151 proof rum on top of the drink.
Jacques Petit is a force to be reckoned with as he shops for a law school and plans...
Anyone interested in buying a 229-year-old mansion that predates the Louisiana...
Workout enthusiasts Dernell Murray, Lonnie Matherne and William Dempsey never...
Ronald St. Pierre is humble about being named the American Legion Post 366’s...
When a fourth of the card skimmers found in Louisiana were recently analyzed, it...
A "skimmer" or device that records credit card numbers was found on an ATM at the...
Bent's RV is a Full Service RV Dealership in Louisiana.
Perfect Destrehan rolls start to finish in win at Central Lafourche - 1670 views
Destrehan’s Kristian Mosley scored on a 68-yard run on the second play of Destrehan’s game at Central Lafourche and set the tone on a night his team moved to a perfect 7-0 this season with a 49-21 District 7-5A victory.