The Cook's Corner
Crawfish Cakes & New Orleans Hurricane
- 1 pound crawfish tailmeat
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 large whole eggs
- 2 tablespoons chives
- 2 tablespoons chopped red peppers
- 2 tablespoons chopped green peppers
- 1/2 tablespoon cajun seasoning, to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups fresh white bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1. Preheat broiler to 400 degrees.
2. Combine crawfish, mayonnaise, eggs, chives, cajun seasoning, pepper, red peppers, green peppers, mustard and Worcestershire sauce with half the bread crumbs.
4. Stir well. Shape crawfish mixture into 1-inch-by-4-inch patties and cover with remaining crumbs.
5. Transfer cakes to baking pan lined with foil.
6. Place pan on lowest rack and broil until light-brown, about 20 minutes.
7. Serve with greens and top with sauce.
Optional: pan saute cakes on non-stick skillet on medium-high heat for about three minutes on each side.New Orleans Hurricane
- 1/2 cup ice
- 2 fluid ounces light rum
- 2 fluid ounces passion
fruit flavored syrup
- 1 cup lemon-lime
flavored carbonated beverage
- 1 ounce lime juice
- 1 fluid ounce 151 proof rum
1. In a shaker, combine ice, light rum, passion fruit syrup, lemon-lime flavored carbonated beverage and lime juice.
2. Shake well and pour mixture into a Hurricane or other large specialty glass.
3. Float the 151 proof rum on top of the drink.
Subscribe Today and Save!!!
St. Charles Herald-Guide is an award-winning newspaper that covers all aspects of St. Charles Parish - from schools and parish government news to social events, features on our local residents and sports.
Order your subscription today!
By Lori Lyons
There comes a time in every athlete’s life when he or...
As flames engulfed Ray Tyree’s home of 20 years in Destrehan last Thursday all he...
Although 29th District Court Judge Timothy Marcel ruled against Tim Mayeaux’s...
By Lori Lyons
For a while there, folks might have needed a tracking...
A Pride, La., woman was arrested and charged with theft after a Luling man accused...
This year’s 25th annual Independence Day Celebration will feature even more...
To take control of one's life requires courage. Ms.Lucia specializes in depression, stress and anxiety disorders, parent-child relationships, and marital issues. Taking the first step is often the most difficult.
Heliport going back to court - 1198 views
Although 29th District Court Judge Timothy Marcel ruled against Tim Mayeaux’s proposed heliport on Judge Edward Dufresne Parkway, the Luling resident said he is appealing the decision.