The Cook's Corner
Crawfish Cakes & New Orleans Hurricane
- 1 pound crawfish tailmeat
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 large whole eggs
- 2 tablespoons chives
- 2 tablespoons chopped red peppers
- 2 tablespoons chopped green peppers
- 1/2 tablespoon cajun seasoning, to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups fresh white bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1. Preheat broiler to 400 degrees.
2. Combine crawfish, mayonnaise, eggs, chives, cajun seasoning, pepper, red peppers, green peppers, mustard and Worcestershire sauce with half the bread crumbs.
4. Stir well. Shape crawfish mixture into 1-inch-by-4-inch patties and cover with remaining crumbs.
5. Transfer cakes to baking pan lined with foil.
6. Place pan on lowest rack and broil until light-brown, about 20 minutes.
7. Serve with greens and top with sauce.
Optional: pan saute cakes on non-stick skillet on medium-high heat for about three minutes on each side.New Orleans Hurricane
- 1/2 cup ice
- 2 fluid ounces light rum
- 2 fluid ounces passion
fruit flavored syrup
- 1 cup lemon-lime
flavored carbonated beverage
- 1 ounce lime juice
- 1 fluid ounce 151 proof rum
1. In a shaker, combine ice, light rum, passion fruit syrup, lemon-lime flavored carbonated beverage and lime juice.
2. Shake well and pour mixture into a Hurricane or other large specialty glass.
3. Float the 151 proof rum on top of the drink.
Subscribe Today and Save!!!
St. Charles Herald-Guide is an award-winning newspaper that covers all aspects of St. Charles Parish - from schools and parish government news to social events, features on our local residents and sports.
Order your subscription today!
Now that carnival season has to come to an end, Fat Tuesday has passed and Ash...
The story of 89-year-old Norco resident William Rook is more than a story about an...
A Destrehan teen who lost her sister to a rare genetic disorder is on a mission to...
St. Charles Parish residents will be able to visit one spot for most of their...
The 35th Annual Louisiana Sportsman Show and Festival, Louisiana’s largest outdoor...
The Destrehan Lady Wildcats lost only their second game all season when they fell...
Mizu Japanese Steakhouse and Sushi Bar offers a wide variety of Japanese and Chinese dishes along with sushi, sashimi and hibachi. Lunch or Dinner, Dine in or Take Out.
Industries face stricter regulation of flaring systems - 796 views
The release of toxic, potentially hazardous gases into the atmosphere through local industrial flares, such as those at local refineries, may face stricter regulation after a successful push by a local environmental group.