The Cook's Corner
Crawfish Cakes & New Orleans Hurricane
- 1 pound crawfish tailmeat
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 large whole eggs
- 2 tablespoons chives
- 2 tablespoons chopped red peppers
- 2 tablespoons chopped green peppers
- 1/2 tablespoon cajun seasoning, to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups fresh white bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1. Preheat broiler to 400 degrees.
2. Combine crawfish, mayonnaise, eggs, chives, cajun seasoning, pepper, red peppers, green peppers, mustard and Worcestershire sauce with half the bread crumbs.
4. Stir well. Shape crawfish mixture into 1-inch-by-4-inch patties and cover with remaining crumbs.
5. Transfer cakes to baking pan lined with foil.
6. Place pan on lowest rack and broil until light-brown, about 20 minutes.
7. Serve with greens and top with sauce.
Optional: pan saute cakes on non-stick skillet on medium-high heat for about three minutes on each side.New Orleans Hurricane
- 1/2 cup ice
- 2 fluid ounces light rum
- 2 fluid ounces passion
fruit flavored syrup
- 1 cup lemon-lime
flavored carbonated beverage
- 1 ounce lime juice
- 1 fluid ounce 151 proof rum
1. In a shaker, combine ice, light rum, passion fruit syrup, lemon-lime flavored carbonated beverage and lime juice.
2. Shake well and pour mixture into a Hurricane or other large specialty glass.
3. Float the 151 proof rum on top of the drink.
When St. Rose Elementary School asked its students to aid its Live Bully Free...
"I am no longer keeping your secrets. I am no longer going to be one of your...
Doctors told Gwen Marelo that her son would never walk.
With a roller coaster ride of a game tied at 28 with 10 seconds left, and the eyes...
Diagnosed with a brain tumor at age 7, Kacey Marse knows how important the family...
St. Charles Parish police are seeking the public’s help in locating a man charged...
Bent's RV is a Full Service RV Dealership in Louisiana.
ONE MORE TIME: Wildcats, Tigers set for another epic clash - 959 views
While it’s just week four of the prep football season, Destrehan is likely to have a Superdome-in-December type of atmosphere Friday night as it hosts cross-parish rival Hahnville.