The Cook's Corner
The Perfect Holiday Dinner
- 1 12 - to 14-pound turkey
- 1 3/4 cups Swanson Chicken Stock
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1. Remove package of giblets and neck from turkey cavity. Rinse turkey with cold water and pat dry with a paper towel. Tie ends of drumsticks together.
2. Place turkey, breast side-up, on a rack in shallow roasting pan. Brush turkey with stock. Insert meat thermometer into thickest part of the meat, making sure thermometer is not touching bone.
3. Roast at 325°F for 3 to 3 1/2 hours or until thermometer reads 180°F and drumstick moves easily, basting occasionally with stock. Begin checking for doneness after 2 1/2 hours of cooking time. Let stand for 10 minutes.
4. Remove turkey from roasting pan. Pour off any fat. Stir stock and flour in a small bowl until mixture is smooth. Stir stock mixture in pan. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture boils and thickens. Season to taste. Serve with the turkey.
Moist Savory Stuffing
- 2 1/2 cups Swanson Chicken Broth (Regular, Natural Goodness or Certified Organic)
- 2 stalks celery, coarsely chopped (about 1 cup)
-1 large onion, coarsely chopped (about 1 cup)
-1 package (16 ounces) Pepperidge Farm Herb Seasoned Stuffing
1. Heat broth, celery and onion in 3-quart saucepan over medium-high heat to a boil. Reduce heat to low. Cover and cook for 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Add stuffing and mix lightly.
2. Spoon stuffing mixture into greased 3-quart casserole dish. Cover and bake at 350°F for 30 minutes or until hot.
For crunchier stuffing, bake the casserole uncovered.Green Bean Casserole
- 2 cans (10 3/4 ounces each) Campbell's Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup (Regular, 98% Fat Free or 25% Less Sodium)
- 1 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 bags (about 16 ounces each) frozen cut green beans, cooked and drained
- 1 can (6 ounces) french fried onions (2 2/3 cups)
1. Stir soup, milk, soy sauce, pepper, beans and 1 1/3 cups onions in a 3-quart casserole.
2. Bake at 350°F for 25 minutes or until the bean mixture is hot and bubbling. Stir bean mixture and top with remaining onions.
3. Bake for 5 minutes or until the onions are golden brown.
Subscribe Today and Save!!!
St. Charles Herald-Guide is an award-winning newspaper that covers all aspects of St. Charles Parish - from schools and parish government news to social events, features on our local residents and sports.
Order your subscription today!
Even though he has yet to begin his senior season, Destrehan receiver Kirk Merritt...
The Krewe of Zeus will resubmit an application to parade through Ormond Boulevard...
Despite recently being named Louisiana High School Principal of the Year, Hahnville...
Austin Perrin, an upcoming sophomore at Hahnville High School, was named to the...
St. Charles Parish School Board members are decrying a new law that will allow...
After months of bickering within the Hahnville Volunteer Fire Department...
We are open and eager to serve you the best Mexican dishes in Louisiana. Come experience our delicious food and festive atmosphere. From daily specials to live Mariachi music, it's all here at El Paso Mexican Grill!
Toddler with rare disease will need double lung transplant - 584 views
Although Luling native Tammy Faucheux had already had three healthy children, it was apparent early on that the family’s latest addition, a baby girl named Kaydence, was going to need extra attention.