The Cook's Corner
The Perfect Holiday Dinner
- 1 12 - to 14-pound turkey
- 1 3/4 cups Swanson Chicken Stock
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1. Remove package of giblets and neck from turkey cavity. Rinse turkey with cold water and pat dry with a paper towel. Tie ends of drumsticks together.
2. Place turkey, breast side-up, on a rack in shallow roasting pan. Brush turkey with stock. Insert meat thermometer into thickest part of the meat, making sure thermometer is not touching bone.
3. Roast at 325°F for 3 to 3 1/2 hours or until thermometer reads 180°F and drumstick moves easily, basting occasionally with stock. Begin checking for doneness after 2 1/2 hours of cooking time. Let stand for 10 minutes.
4. Remove turkey from roasting pan. Pour off any fat. Stir stock and flour in a small bowl until mixture is smooth. Stir stock mixture in pan. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture boils and thickens. Season to taste. Serve with the turkey.
Moist Savory Stuffing
- 2 1/2 cups Swanson Chicken Broth (Regular, Natural Goodness or Certified Organic)
- 2 stalks celery, coarsely chopped (about 1 cup)
-1 large onion, coarsely chopped (about 1 cup)
-1 package (16 ounces) Pepperidge Farm Herb Seasoned Stuffing
1. Heat broth, celery and onion in 3-quart saucepan over medium-high heat to a boil. Reduce heat to low. Cover and cook for 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Add stuffing and mix lightly.
2. Spoon stuffing mixture into greased 3-quart casserole dish. Cover and bake at 350°F for 30 minutes or until hot.
For crunchier stuffing, bake the casserole uncovered.Green Bean Casserole
- 2 cans (10 3/4 ounces each) Campbell's Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup (Regular, 98% Fat Free or 25% Less Sodium)
- 1 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 bags (about 16 ounces each) frozen cut green beans, cooked and drained
- 1 can (6 ounces) french fried onions (2 2/3 cups)
1. Stir soup, milk, soy sauce, pepper, beans and 1 1/3 cups onions in a 3-quart casserole.
2. Bake at 350°F for 25 minutes or until the bean mixture is hot and bubbling. Stir bean mixture and top with remaining onions.
3. Bake for 5 minutes or until the onions are golden brown.
Subscribe Today and Save!!!
St. Charles Herald Guide is the complete local news in St. Charles Parish, Louisiana.
Get your local news, sports and information from the Parish's award winning paper.
St. Charles Herald Guide has what you need.
The Pickets are hallowed ground in the Houma trout-fishing world. If you fish out...
The Hahnville Tigers and Desterehan Wildcats baseball teams were well represented...
The Port of South Louisiana will soon see a change in leadership after Joel T....
Most graduating seniors do not come close to scoring a 27 on the ACT test, but...
St. Charles Parish plans to go out for construction bids next month on the first...
Six Destrehan High School students recently signed scholarship offers to play at...
Offering commercial and residential flooring to the public at wholesale prices. I also maintain a ceramic art studio where you can create your own personalized keepsake.
Parish plans to go out for bids next month for Willowridge levee - 701 views
St. Charles Parish plans to go out for construction bids next month on the first phase of the Willowridge levee, assuming a judge rules in the parish’s favor regarding a portion of the land needed for the project.