• Brad L. McPhail, 19, of 309 Almedia Plantation Rd., St. Rose, was arrested and charged with first degree attempted murder, armed robbery and contributing to the delinquency of a minor at 843 Goodhope St., Norco, on May 23. Sheriff Champagne reports that the above subject was arrested on a warrant that was issued on May 23, for Att. First Degree Murder and armed robbery. On May 23, the above subject allegedly shot a 28 year-old River Ridge man in the head during a drug transaction. After the shooting McPhail allegedly took $600 from the victim. He is being held on a $750,000 bond set by Judge Granier.
• Michael J. Foster, 28, of 136 Tudor Ave., River Ridge, was arrested and charged with poss. with intent to dist. cocaine, poss. of a SCH II CDS to wit crack cocaine and poss. of SCH I to wit marijuana at Nelson Coleman Correctional Center on May 23. Sheriff Champagne reports that the above subject was arrested on a warrant that was issued on May 23, 2006 for the above charges. On May 22, officers responded to a shooting on Riverview Dr., St. Rose, where they made contact with Foster, who was a victim that sustained a gunshot wound to the head. At the time, Foster was coherent and talking and advised officers that he had been shot during a drug transaction, of which he was attempting to purchase marijuana. During the investigation, officers also located cocaine, crack cocaine and marijuana in Foster’s vehicle. Foster was transported to a hospital for his injuries, and upon his release was arrested on the above charges. Foster’s bond was set at $150,000 by Judge Granier.
~ Sheriff Champagne reports that the subjects below were arrested after being observed stealing a barbecue grill and several power tools from the loading dock at a business. Arrestee #1 was a security guard working for a security agency that was hired to provide security for the facility during non-operating hours.
• Victoria Rousseau, 21, of 13375 Etienne Rd., was arrested and charged with theft over $500 (2cts.) and theft over $300 at 125 Widgeon, St. Rose, La., on May 26.
• Michael Winford, 20, of 5150 Press Dr., New Orleans, was arrested and charged with theft over $500, at 125 Widgeon St., St. Rose, on May 26.
• Ramona Smith, 48, of 1200 Paul Fredrick St., Luling, La., was arrested and charged with poss. of a SCH II narcotic (hydrocodone), poss. of SCH IV narcotic (ativan) and warrant for probation and parole at the above address on May 25. Sherriff Champagne reports that the above subject was arrested on a probation and parole warrant. Following the arrest St. Charles detectives conducted a search of Smith’s residence. During the search officers located hydrocodone pills and Ativan pills.
• Gordon August, 57, unknown address, was arrested and charged with simple burglary and 2 SCSO attachments at 145 Angus Dr., Luling, on May 26. Sheriff Champagne reports that the above subject was arrested after officers responded to an alarm at the above location. Officers located a rear glass door shattered with blood on the door. While canvassing the area, officers located August lying under a vehicle trailer located in the parking lot of the business. Gordon was observed to have numerous minor lacerations to his upper arm and what appeared to be glass shards on his arms.
• A cell phone with case and $400, valued together at $500, was reported stolen from 609 Willowdale Blvd., Luling, on May 22.
•A Honda 4-wheeler, valued at $7,000, was reported stolen from 121 Crooked Ln., Ama, on May 23.
• Sheriff Champagne reports that a 50 year-old LaPlace man was robbed while making a delivery of gas to a business in the Destrehan area. The victim was stopped by a SUV, occupied by an unknown white male and an unknown black male. Both subjects produced automatic handguns and told the victim to give them the truck he was in. The victim then informed the men that the truck contained diesel fuel, at which time the subjects demanded the victim give up his money. The victim complied, and the subjects fled the scene. This incident in still under investigation, anyone having information should contact the St. Charles Parish Sheriff’s Office at 783-6807.
• A digital recorder, valued at $1000, was reported stolen from 200 Tiger Ln., Boutte, La., on May 24.
• A cell phone, valued at $200, was reported stolen out of a vehicle at 302 Beaupre Dr., Luling, on May 25.
• A Trike 3 wheel bike, valued at $1000, was reported stolen from 62 Belle Hellene Dr., Destrehan, on May 25.
• A purse was reported stolen out of a vehicle at 5 Azalea Ct., Luling, on May 25.
• A 2006 golf cart and 1997 utility trailer, valued at $8000, was reported stolen from 108 Cottage Ln., Luling, on May 25.
• A cell phone, valued at $400, was reported stolen from 610 Willowdale Blvd., Luling, on May 25.
• A leather brief case, valued at $100, was reported stolen from 216 Arlington Dr., Luling, on May 25.
• A leather purse was reported stolen out of a vehicle at 635 Willowdale Dr., Luling, on May 25.
• A cell phone and portable phone charger, valued at $120, were reported stolen out of a vehicle at 602 Willowridge Dr., Luling, on May 25.
• Heather Ray, 26, of 100 Lance Ln., Luling, was arrested and charged with DWI and reckless operation at US 90 @ River Ridge Dr., on May 24.
Subscribe Today and Save!!!
St. Charles Herald-Guide is an award-winning newspaper that covers all aspects of St. Charles Parish - from schools and parish government news to social events, features on our local residents and sports.
Order your subscription today!
Only the truly skilled, determined and competitive can even aspire to one day be...
The United Way of St. Charles’ Bridge Run can expect some new faces this year, but...
By Wednesday, more than 500 strikers put down their signs and will start going back...
Just minutes after receiving an alert about an attempted armed robbery of a gas...
Marked by an impressive historical mural telling St. Charles Parish’s history,...
It seems a little bit of St. Charles Parish culture could end up on TV this year....
Craig's Barber Shop has been locally owned and operated for over 25 years. We do men, women, and children's haircuts. Come in and enjoy that unique barber shop experience! Walk in and relax a while with Craig, Cheryl, and Angel!
Cashio’s Food Villa has new name, owner - 2860 views
Marked by an impressive historical mural telling St. Charles Parish’s history, Cashio Food Villa is now part of Destrehan’s story, too.