The Cook's Corner
Roasted Turkey and Pan Gravy
- 1 12 - to 14-pound turkey
- 1 3/4 cups chicken stock
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1. Remove package of giblets and neck from turkey cavity. Rinse turkey with cold water and pat dry with a paper towel. Tie ends of drumsticks together.
2. Place turkey, breast side-up, on a rack in shallow roasting pan. Brush turkey with stock. Insert meat thermometer into thickest part of the meat, making sure thermometer is not touching bone.
3. Roast at 325 degrees for 3 to 3 1/2 hours or until thermometer reads 180 degrees and drumstick moves easily, basting occasionally with stock. Begin checking for doneness after 2 1/2 hours of cooking time. Let stand for 10 minutes.
4. Remove turkey from roasting pan. Pour off any fat. Stir stock and flour in a small bowl until mixture is smooth. Stir stock mixture in pan. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture boils and thickens. Season to taste. Serve with the turkey.
The odds said Zachary Hitt would never have the opportunity to attend his high...
Surreal was the word both Hahnville freshman gymnast Kamryn Ryan and coach Courtney...
Hahnville head coach Nick Saltaformaggio didn’t hold back his enthusiasm after his...
Joshua Magee of Hahnville and his new best friend Yellow the dog have both required...
When Blake Schouest was 12 years, his aunt brought him to the lab at MD Anderson...
Over 25 Years of Quality Sales, Service and Repairs on YAMAHA, MERCURY, EVINRUDE and JOHNSON Motors.
9-year-old with bone marrow transplant wants to be home by his birthday - 1099 views
Early indicators are good that Chad Grosch could meet his goal of returning home in Luling by May 26 for his 10th birthday.