The Cook's Corner
Roasted Turkey and Pan Gravy
- 1 12 - to 14-pound turkey
- 1 3/4 cups chicken stock
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1. Remove package of giblets and neck from turkey cavity. Rinse turkey with cold water and pat dry with a paper towel. Tie ends of drumsticks together.
2. Place turkey, breast side-up, on a rack in shallow roasting pan. Brush turkey with stock. Insert meat thermometer into thickest part of the meat, making sure thermometer is not touching bone.
3. Roast at 325 degrees for 3 to 3 1/2 hours or until thermometer reads 180 degrees and drumstick moves easily, basting occasionally with stock. Begin checking for doneness after 2 1/2 hours of cooking time. Let stand for 10 minutes.
4. Remove turkey from roasting pan. Pour off any fat. Stir stock and flour in a small bowl until mixture is smooth. Stir stock mixture in pan. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture boils and thickens. Season to taste. Serve with the turkey.
Operating on little sleep and a great desire to help, a large group of St. Charles...
Despite it taking a year to determine the status of the proposed I-310 flyover ramp...
When Ron Dufrene began experiencing shortness of breath and other forms of...
Sarah VanEtta, Sarah Boquet and Gina Escude all attend different schools, but the...
Early on this fall, Destrehan fans won’t generally have to go far to see their...
St. Charles Parish volunteers and organization quickly started mobilizing efforts...
Bent's RV is a Full Service RV Dealership in Louisiana.
Montz woman charged with attempted murder - 9087 views
A domestic dispute at a Montz residence escalated to an argument and a stabbing with a pocket knife on Saturday.
Shortly after the altercation, Jessica Prater, 27, of 570 Evangeline Road in Montz, was arrested and charged with attempted second-degree murder after allegedly stabbing her domestic partner, Kyle Landry, according to the St. Charles Parish Sheriff’s Office.