The Cook's Corner
Roasted Turkey and Pan Gravy
- 1 12 - to 14-pound turkey
- 1 3/4 cups chicken stock
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1. Remove package of giblets and neck from turkey cavity. Rinse turkey with cold water and pat dry with a paper towel. Tie ends of drumsticks together.
2. Place turkey, breast side-up, on a rack in shallow roasting pan. Brush turkey with stock. Insert meat thermometer into thickest part of the meat, making sure thermometer is not touching bone.
3. Roast at 325 degrees for 3 to 3 1/2 hours or until thermometer reads 180 degrees and drumstick moves easily, basting occasionally with stock. Begin checking for doneness after 2 1/2 hours of cooking time. Let stand for 10 minutes.
4. Remove turkey from roasting pan. Pour off any fat. Stir stock and flour in a small bowl until mixture is smooth. Stir stock mixture in pan. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture boils and thickens. Season to taste. Serve with the turkey.
Subscribe Today and Save!!!
St. Charles Herald-Guide is an award-winning newspaper that covers all aspects of St. Charles Parish - from schools and parish government news to social events, features on our local residents and sports.
Order your subscription today!
With three regular season games left, Destrehan’s mantra is simple: no matter who...
Multiple teacher-student sex cases at Destrehan High School could be a “culture...
Surrounded by playful and curious youngsters at Boutte Christian Academy, Dwornette...
While the Hale Boggs Memorial Bridge will not be available for the United Way of...
When Hahnville wrestler Nicholas Lirette was a freshman, he established and wrote...
Luling’s Kelly Robbins was often told her daughter, Kylar, wouldn’t be able to...
Bent's RV is a Full Service RV Dealership in Louisiana.
Fugitive arrested, accused of stealing from Catfish Festival - 4830 views
The Des Allemands man accused of stealing more than $12,000 from the 2014 Louisiana Catfish Festival and fleeing police has been arrested and charged with theft and writing worthless checks.