The Cook's Corner
Roasted Turkey and Pan Gravy
- 1 12 - to 14-pound turkey
- 1 3/4 cups chicken stock
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1. Remove package of giblets and neck from turkey cavity. Rinse turkey with cold water and pat dry with a paper towel. Tie ends of drumsticks together.
2. Place turkey, breast side-up, on a rack in shallow roasting pan. Brush turkey with stock. Insert meat thermometer into thickest part of the meat, making sure thermometer is not touching bone.
3. Roast at 325 degrees for 3 to 3 1/2 hours or until thermometer reads 180 degrees and drumstick moves easily, basting occasionally with stock. Begin checking for doneness after 2 1/2 hours of cooking time. Let stand for 10 minutes.
4. Remove turkey from roasting pan. Pour off any fat. Stir stock and flour in a small bowl until mixture is smooth. Stir stock mixture in pan. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture boils and thickens. Season to taste. Serve with the turkey.
Remembered as a man who "loved his wife and kids more than life," Bayou Gauche...
Following a high-speed police chase that ended with crashing in a ditch in Luling...
Perhaps shining even brighter than the Christmas lights going up these days in...
Destrehan simply had no answers for Landry-Walker. ...
Jewelry designer Joseph Koll, who recently opened a store in Destrehan, says he’s...
The generations of Luling families keeping alive what has become the tradition of...
Bent's RV is a Full Service RV Dealership in Louisiana.
Tigers start hot on the basketball court - 1165 views
As Hahnville prepares to compete in this weekend’s star-studded St. Augustine tournament, his young Tigers basketball team already has made a point to prove it has no intentions of going through a rebuilding season.