The Cook's Corner
Roasted Turkey and Pan Gravy
- 1 12 - to 14-pound turkey
- 1 3/4 cups chicken stock
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1. Remove package of giblets and neck from turkey cavity. Rinse turkey with cold water and pat dry with a paper towel. Tie ends of drumsticks together.
2. Place turkey, breast side-up, on a rack in shallow roasting pan. Brush turkey with stock. Insert meat thermometer into thickest part of the meat, making sure thermometer is not touching bone.
3. Roast at 325 degrees for 3 to 3 1/2 hours or until thermometer reads 180 degrees and drumstick moves easily, basting occasionally with stock. Begin checking for doneness after 2 1/2 hours of cooking time. Let stand for 10 minutes.
4. Remove turkey from roasting pan. Pour off any fat. Stir stock and flour in a small bowl until mixture is smooth. Stir stock mixture in pan. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture boils and thickens. Season to taste. Serve with the turkey.
Destrehan basketball star Cara Ursin has left a tough act to follow, that much is...
Recognized as an educator who inspires students toward conservation and the...
It was hard enough for Jimmy Stuard to deal with a diagnosis of colon cancer...
The St. Charles Parish Council cleared the way for a Southeastern Freight Lines...
All of the ongoing renovations and upgrades to Rathborne Park aren't quite...
Rodney Naquin Jr. was sentenced to 29 years in prison after he pleaded guilty to a...
Bent's RV is a Full Service RV Dealership in Louisiana.
S.C. freight company eyeing Destrehan site - 2630 views
The St. Charles Parish Council cleared the way for a Southeastern Freight Lines service center, making it the latest announcement with Destrehan's 1,400-acre development.