The Cook's Corner
Roasted Turkey and Pan Gravy
- 1 12 - to 14-pound turkey
- 1 3/4 cups chicken stock
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1. Remove package of giblets and neck from turkey cavity. Rinse turkey with cold water and pat dry with a paper towel. Tie ends of drumsticks together.
2. Place turkey, breast side-up, on a rack in shallow roasting pan. Brush turkey with stock. Insert meat thermometer into thickest part of the meat, making sure thermometer is not touching bone.
3. Roast at 325 degrees for 3 to 3 1/2 hours or until thermometer reads 180 degrees and drumstick moves easily, basting occasionally with stock. Begin checking for doneness after 2 1/2 hours of cooking time. Let stand for 10 minutes.
4. Remove turkey from roasting pan. Pour off any fat. Stir stock and flour in a small bowl until mixture is smooth. Stir stock mixture in pan. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture boils and thickens. Season to taste. Serve with the turkey.
The grand reopening of St. Charles Council on Aging’s Luling Activity Center not...
Randy Breaux Jr. loves his job, and it shows in his work ethic and eagerness to...
The bond between brothers is often spoken of, but rarely could you find it...
The St. Charles Parish Sheriff’s Office partnered with Louisiana Alcohol and...
Two people involved in the March 2 death of Richard Keller Jr. in Destrehan have...
All-District 7-5A Baseball 2016...
Over 25 Years of Quality Sales, Service and Repairs on YAMAHA, MERCURY, EVINRUDE and JOHNSON Motors.
‘Scream’ very loud - again: Filming returns to area for the TV series - 1156 views
A “Scream: The TV Series” film crew re-appeared in Luling last week to continue filming the MTV slasher series.