The Cook's Corner
Roasted Turkey and Pan Gravy
- 1 12 - to 14-pound turkey
- 1 3/4 cups chicken stock
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1. Remove package of giblets and neck from turkey cavity. Rinse turkey with cold water and pat dry with a paper towel. Tie ends of drumsticks together.
2. Place turkey, breast side-up, on a rack in shallow roasting pan. Brush turkey with stock. Insert meat thermometer into thickest part of the meat, making sure thermometer is not touching bone.
3. Roast at 325 degrees for 3 to 3 1/2 hours or until thermometer reads 180 degrees and drumstick moves easily, basting occasionally with stock. Begin checking for doneness after 2 1/2 hours of cooking time. Let stand for 10 minutes.
4. Remove turkey from roasting pan. Pour off any fat. Stir stock and flour in a small bowl until mixture is smooth. Stir stock mixture in pan. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture boils and thickens. Season to taste. Serve with the turkey.
Javon Wells, the New Sarpy man accused of murdering Destrehan High School senior...
In light of recent police shootings in Baton Rouge and Dallas, as well as a heated...
Hahnville High School-based Otto Candies has made state tournament runs before...
Without a tax increase, St. Charles Parish Council could be dealing with a...
Norco’s Jaime Hymel acted as a drug informant after the March 2 drug-related death...
Christi Fraychineaud's fellow teachers at St. Rose Elementary School are trying to...
Bent's RV is a Full Service RV Dealership in Louisiana.
United Way Campaign leaders named - 557 views
Representatives from St. Charles Parish Government, Louisiana Disability Law, and Creative Family Solutions are serving as chairmen for the 2016 United Way of St. Charles Fall Campaign.