The Cook's Corner
Roasted Turkey and Pan Gravy
- 1 12 - to 14-pound turkey
- 1 3/4 cups chicken stock
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1. Remove package of giblets and neck from turkey cavity. Rinse turkey with cold water and pat dry with a paper towel. Tie ends of drumsticks together.
2. Place turkey, breast side-up, on a rack in shallow roasting pan. Brush turkey with stock. Insert meat thermometer into thickest part of the meat, making sure thermometer is not touching bone.
3. Roast at 325 degrees for 3 to 3 1/2 hours or until thermometer reads 180 degrees and drumstick moves easily, basting occasionally with stock. Begin checking for doneness after 2 1/2 hours of cooking time. Let stand for 10 minutes.
4. Remove turkey from roasting pan. Pour off any fat. Stir stock and flour in a small bowl until mixture is smooth. Stir stock mixture in pan. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture boils and thickens. Season to taste. Serve with the turkey.
Subscribe Today and Save!!!
St. Charles Herald-Guide is an award-winning newspaper that covers all aspects of St. Charles Parish - from schools and parish government news to social events, features on our local residents and sports.
Order your subscription today!
Monsanto’s response to the World Health Organization (WHO) labeling its widely used...
With a tan Stetson hat shading Roy Lunk’s eyes from the soft sunlight shining on...
The United Way of St. Charles’ Bridge Run can expect some new faces this year, but...
St. Charles Parish officials closed Spillway Road (St. Charles Parish Hwy. 12)...
Three St. Charles Parish Public Schools teachers were recently named the top...
Just minutes after receiving an alert about an attempted armed robbery of a gas...
Total Choice FCU, Your 1st choice for financial success!