The Cook's Corner
Roasted Turkey and Pan Gravy
- 1 12 - to 14-pound turkey
- 1 3/4 cups chicken stock
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1. Remove package of giblets and neck from turkey cavity. Rinse turkey with cold water and pat dry with a paper towel. Tie ends of drumsticks together.
2. Place turkey, breast side-up, on a rack in shallow roasting pan. Brush turkey with stock. Insert meat thermometer into thickest part of the meat, making sure thermometer is not touching bone.
3. Roast at 325 degrees for 3 to 3 1/2 hours or until thermometer reads 180 degrees and drumstick moves easily, basting occasionally with stock. Begin checking for doneness after 2 1/2 hours of cooking time. Let stand for 10 minutes.
4. Remove turkey from roasting pan. Pour off any fat. Stir stock and flour in a small bowl until mixture is smooth. Stir stock mixture in pan. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture boils and thickens. Season to taste. Serve with the turkey.
Subscribe Today and Save!!!
St. Charles Herald Guide is the complete local news in St. Charles Parish, Louisiana.
Get your local news, sports and information from the Parish's award winning paper.
St. Charles Herald Guide has what you need.
Homeowners in the second block of the Hidden Oaks subdivision in Luling say their...
As he was piloting a small Cessna airplane over the Gulf of Mexico, Marc Majoria...
It’s a Sunday afternoon in Boutte and the traffic on Highway 90 is virtually...
The Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries is now accepting applications...
Gov. Bobby Jindal will have a chance to weigh in on a controversial bill passed by...
After limiting out on speckled trout in Cocodrie, Hunter McDonald, Jake Cologne and...
We are a home decor/ interior design company. It's All About You Interiors offers many services such as, custom draperies and home remodeling as well as everything else for your home. While your here visit The Potting Shed Florist for all your floral nee
2 former DHS linemen plan to beef up Nicholls - 666 views
Ever since Charlie Stubbs took over the head coaching reigns at Nicholls State back in 2010, he has tried to add some size and physicality along both his offensive and defensive lines and do a better job of recruiting the talent rich River Parishes area.