The Cook's Corner
Roasted Turkey and Pan Gravy
- 1 12 - to 14-pound turkey
- 1 3/4 cups chicken stock
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1. Remove package of giblets and neck from turkey cavity. Rinse turkey with cold water and pat dry with a paper towel. Tie ends of drumsticks together.
2. Place turkey, breast side-up, on a rack in shallow roasting pan. Brush turkey with stock. Insert meat thermometer into thickest part of the meat, making sure thermometer is not touching bone.
3. Roast at 325 degrees for 3 to 3 1/2 hours or until thermometer reads 180 degrees and drumstick moves easily, basting occasionally with stock. Begin checking for doneness after 2 1/2 hours of cooking time. Let stand for 10 minutes.
4. Remove turkey from roasting pan. Pour off any fat. Stir stock and flour in a small bowl until mixture is smooth. Stir stock mixture in pan. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture boils and thickens. Season to taste. Serve with the turkey.
As a longtime educator in the St. Charles Parish School system and school board...
A post by St. Charles Parish School Board on its Facebook page at 10:52 a.m....
It was the ultimate example of mixed emotions for Martin Sylvain. ...
With a fast flick of his hand, Whitney Curole sent a large blue crab sailing into a...
After riding in the Krewe of Des Allemands parade, Vernon Higgins decided it was...
Destrehan High School alumnus Will Sirmon IV appeared to have missed his chance to...
Bent's RV is a Full Service RV Dealership in Louisiana.
Ochsner names new St. Charles Parish Hospital CEO - 3273 views
St. Charles Parish Hospital introduced Austin Reeder as chief executive officer (CEO) effective Feb. 8, marking the third hospital administrator named since the retirement of longtime CEO Federico Martinez in September 2015.