The Cook's Corner
Roasted Turkey and Pan Gravy
- 1 12 - to 14-pound turkey
- 1 3/4 cups chicken stock
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1. Remove package of giblets and neck from turkey cavity. Rinse turkey with cold water and pat dry with a paper towel. Tie ends of drumsticks together.
2. Place turkey, breast side-up, on a rack in shallow roasting pan. Brush turkey with stock. Insert meat thermometer into thickest part of the meat, making sure thermometer is not touching bone.
3. Roast at 325 degrees for 3 to 3 1/2 hours or until thermometer reads 180 degrees and drumstick moves easily, basting occasionally with stock. Begin checking for doneness after 2 1/2 hours of cooking time. Let stand for 10 minutes.
4. Remove turkey from roasting pan. Pour off any fat. Stir stock and flour in a small bowl until mixture is smooth. Stir stock mixture in pan. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture boils and thickens. Season to taste. Serve with the turkey.
Subscribe Today and Save!!!
St. Charles Herald-Guide is an award-winning newspaper that covers all aspects of St. Charles Parish - from schools and parish government news to social events, features on our local residents and sports.
Order your subscription today!
Despite recently being named Louisiana High School Principal of the Year, Hahnville...
International-Matex Tank Terminals, which operates a terminal in St. Rose, will be...
The Krewe of Zeus will resubmit an application to parade through Ormond Boulevard...
Less than three months after opening a state-of-the-art cardiac catheter lab that...
The St. Charles Parish Housing Authority has been ordered to repay more than...
Allie Stevens was a strange sight to see as he lugged a 400-pound rickshaw along...
Air Conditioning & Heating equipment sales, service and installation. Home standby and commercial generators, sales, service and installation. Indoor air quality products, solar products. Locally owned and operated, since 1985. Call us for a free consult
7 arrested after St. Rose murder - 872 views
Seven people have been arrested after a St. Rose man was shot to death on Kennedy Street during an attempted robbery related to drugs, according to the St. Charles Parish Sheriff’s Office.