The Cook's Corner
Roasted Turkey and Pan Gravy
- 1 12 - to 14-pound turkey
- 1 3/4 cups chicken stock
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1. Remove package of giblets and neck from turkey cavity. Rinse turkey with cold water and pat dry with a paper towel. Tie ends of drumsticks together.
2. Place turkey, breast side-up, on a rack in shallow roasting pan. Brush turkey with stock. Insert meat thermometer into thickest part of the meat, making sure thermometer is not touching bone.
3. Roast at 325 degrees for 3 to 3 1/2 hours or until thermometer reads 180 degrees and drumstick moves easily, basting occasionally with stock. Begin checking for doneness after 2 1/2 hours of cooking time. Let stand for 10 minutes.
4. Remove turkey from roasting pan. Pour off any fat. Stir stock and flour in a small bowl until mixture is smooth. Stir stock mixture in pan. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture boils and thickens. Season to taste. Serve with the turkey.
Subscribe Today and Save!!!
St. Charles Herald-Guide is an award-winning newspaper that covers all aspects of St. Charles Parish - from schools and parish government news to social events, features on our local residents and sports.
Order your subscription today!
Hahnville’s Brandon Singleton won both the 110-and 300-meter hurdle events in the...
Hahnville senior receiver Ricky Preston will continue his football career after...
In the many years that Barry Minnich has been with the Luling Volunteer Fire...
A St. Rose woman has been arrested in connection with the alleged hit-and-run death...
HBO is back in St. Charles Parish filming an eight-part series called “Quarry” that...
Ashlyn Frahm is this year’s salutatorian for Destrehan High School (DHS)....
Your One Stop Home Improvement Shop...
Hahnville High salutatorian wants to become a biomedical engineer - 1426 views
Julian Turner did his best and “just kind of ran into” being named salutatorian for the Hahnville High School (HHS) class of 2015.