The Cook's Corner
Roasted Turkey and Pan Gravy
- 1 12 - to 14-pound turkey
- 1 3/4 cups chicken stock
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1. Remove package of giblets and neck from turkey cavity. Rinse turkey with cold water and pat dry with a paper towel. Tie ends of drumsticks together.
2. Place turkey, breast side-up, on a rack in shallow roasting pan. Brush turkey with stock. Insert meat thermometer into thickest part of the meat, making sure thermometer is not touching bone.
3. Roast at 325 degrees for 3 to 3 1/2 hours or until thermometer reads 180 degrees and drumstick moves easily, basting occasionally with stock. Begin checking for doneness after 2 1/2 hours of cooking time. Let stand for 10 minutes.
4. Remove turkey from roasting pan. Pour off any fat. Stir stock and flour in a small bowl until mixture is smooth. Stir stock mixture in pan. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture boils and thickens. Season to taste. Serve with the turkey.
When Hahnville High School gets to taste Satellite Center student Tyler Becnel’s...
A Hahnville man accused of attempting to burn down the apartment duplex he was...
A candlelight vigil will be held 8 – 9 p.m. Sunday at East Bank Bridge Park in...
Driving from U.S. Highway 90 onto the I-310 ramp in Luling has been challenging...
Sam Steib is on a mission, and to hear him speak is to believe he will not be...
The Destrehan-Hahnville rivalry always seems to bring the best out of the players...
Bent's RV is a Full Service RV Dealership in Louisiana.
ADM opposes new neighborhood in Destrehan - 1355 views
A rezoning request for a 30-lot subdivision drew opposition from ADM Growmark in Norco, but was approved by the St. Charles Parish Council on Monday.