The Cook's Corner
Roasted Turkey and Pan Gravy
- 1 12 - to 14-pound turkey
- 1 3/4 cups chicken stock
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1. Remove package of giblets and neck from turkey cavity. Rinse turkey with cold water and pat dry with a paper towel. Tie ends of drumsticks together.
2. Place turkey, breast side-up, on a rack in shallow roasting pan. Brush turkey with stock. Insert meat thermometer into thickest part of the meat, making sure thermometer is not touching bone.
3. Roast at 325 degrees for 3 to 3 1/2 hours or until thermometer reads 180 degrees and drumstick moves easily, basting occasionally with stock. Begin checking for doneness after 2 1/2 hours of cooking time. Let stand for 10 minutes.
4. Remove turkey from roasting pan. Pour off any fat. Stir stock and flour in a small bowl until mixture is smooth. Stir stock mixture in pan. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture boils and thickens. Season to taste. Serve with the turkey.
Subscribe Today and Save!!!
St. Charles Herald-Guide is an award-winning newspaper that covers all aspects of St. Charles Parish - from schools and parish government news to social events, features on our local residents and sports.
Order your subscription today!
An emotional Jamie Loyacono of Metairie pointed to a photograph, one of many in a...
Roger Scott knew it was a longshot that his letter to President Barack Obama would...
Many young girls receive gifts like jewelry for their first communion, but Madison...
Eight-year-old Grant Rechen has defied the odds his entire life. ...
Destrehan hasn’t lost many games over the past two seasons. In fact, the Wildcats...
Imagine belonging to an online chat room on Skype with friends haunted by a...
Your One Stop Home Improvement Shop...
Former DHS QB ruled ineligible for 2015 season - 1920 views
Former Destrehan quarterback Marquise Darensbourg transferred to East St. John in February but was recently ruled ineligible to play for the 2015-16 season by the Louisiana High School Athletic Association.