The Cook's Corner
Sweet Potato Casserole
- 1/4 cup evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 (29-ounce) can Bruce’s Sweet Potato Casserole (4-ounce) can with "Pecan Crumb Topping"
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine milk, vanilla, eggs, melted butter and casserole mix, blending well.
2. Place topping in separate bowl; cut in softened butter and mix until crumbly.
3. Pour mixture in 9- by 9- by 2-inch baking dish; sprinkle with topping.4. Bake 35 to 45 minutes.
Got a great recipe? If so, send yours to Lifestyles Editor Heather R. Breaux at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Subscribe Today and Save!!!
St. Charles Herald-Guide is an award-winning newspaper that covers all aspects of St. Charles Parish - from schools and parish government news to social events, features on our local residents and sports.
Order your subscription today!
The St. Charles Parish Sheriff’s Office is still looking for the body of a man who...
New coach, new offense, new defense, new quarterback – this year the Hahnville...
Destrehan Plantation has received a major donation that will go toward construction...
Redfish have invaded Lake Salvador, making it easy for anglers to catch their...
Last year Des Allemands resident Donald J. Horn mounted the stage at Luling Living...
The FBI has seized more records from the St. Charles Parish courthouse that appear...
Spring is here and we are ready to offer St. Charles Parish complete landscape design installation & maintenance! Our full service garden center has a licensed Landscape Horticulturalist and knowledgeable staff to serve you.
Donation clears way for bed and breakfast at Destrehan Plantation - 1138 views
Destrehan Plantation has received a major donation that will go toward construction of a nearly $1.8 million renovation that includes the creation of a bed and breakfast on the property.