The Cook's Corner
Sweet Potato Casserole
- 1/4 cup evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 (29-ounce) can Bruce’s Sweet Potato Casserole (4-ounce) can with "Pecan Crumb Topping"
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine milk, vanilla, eggs, melted butter and casserole mix, blending well.
2. Place topping in separate bowl; cut in softened butter and mix until crumbly.
3. Pour mixture in 9- by 9- by 2-inch baking dish; sprinkle with topping.4. Bake 35 to 45 minutes.
Got a great recipe? If so, send yours to Lifestyles Editor Heather R. Breaux at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Subscribe Today and Save!!!
St. Charles Herald-Guide is an award-winning newspaper that covers all aspects of St. Charles Parish - from schools and parish government news to social events, features on our local residents and sports.
Order your subscription today!
The St. Charles Parish School Board has accepted a $2.75 million bid to construct...
The St. Charles Parish Sheriff’s office arrested a Destrehan woman after she...
The Destrehan Wildcats destroyed Pineville 54-0 on Friday night to cruise past the...
A political drama produced by George Clooney and starring Sandra Bullock and Billy...
Momentive Specialty Chemicals will build a new production facility in Luling while...
A piece of south Louisiana naval history is one step closer to reliving its glory...
The Staff at Southland Dodge Chrysler Jeep proudly offers the newest chrysler, dodge and jeep cars in Houma, La., region. We also carry an impressive selection of used cars trucks and suvs by the industry top manufacturers.
Biking the banks - 552 views
The levee has a long history within St. Charles Parish, but when Kathy Lacompte Bourg and her husband led a group of teenagers down it in the early 1980s, there was no Hale-Boggs bridge and the path was muddy and rocky.