The Cook's Corner
|Recipe and photo provided by nolacuisine.com|
- 2 lbs. fresh head-on or off gulf shrimp, antennas removed
- 4 large cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp. Kosher salt
- 2 tbsp. fresh rosemary, chopped
- Enough freshly ground black pepper to cover the shrimp in the pan, about 1/4 cup
- 3 sticks unsalted butter, cut into 1-inch pieces
- French bread for dipping
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Toss the shrimp with the salt, garlic and rosemary.
3. Place in a single layer in a cast iron frying pan. Coat with the black pepper. Top with the cut up cold butter.
4. Place into the oven and bake for about 30 to 45 minutes. Baste occasionally. Be careful not to over cook, but also make sure that the shrimp all soak up the sauce.
5. Serve with a lot French bread for dipping.
6. Serves 1 to 2.
Got a great recipe? Send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Subscribe Today and Save!!!
St. Charles Herald-Guide is an award-winning newspaper that covers all aspects of St. Charles Parish - from schools and parish government news to social events, features on our local residents and sports.
Order your subscription today!
Three St. Charles Parish Public Schools teachers were recently named the top...
Just minutes after receiving an alert about an attempted armed robbery of a gas...
Destrehan High School’s robotics team won the Bayou Regional for the first time in...
A Destrehan man has pleaded guilty in a $50 million medical clinic-accountant...
It seems a little bit of St. Charles Parish culture could end up on TV this year....
With a tan Stetson hat shading Roy Lunk’s eyes from the soft sunlight shining on...
At Saia Auto Consultants, our ultimate goal is to get you the highest quality vehicle for your money.
Parish closes Spillway Road due to high water - 580 views
St. Charles Parish officials closed Spillway Road (St. Charles Parish Hwy. 12) Tuesday due to water over the road.