The Cook's Corner
|Recipe and photo provided by nolacuisine.com|
- 2 lbs. fresh head-on or off gulf shrimp, antennas removed
- 4 large cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp. Kosher salt
- 2 tbsp. fresh rosemary, chopped
- Enough freshly ground black pepper to cover the shrimp in the pan, about 1/4 cup
- 3 sticks unsalted butter, cut into 1-inch pieces
- French bread for dipping
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Toss the shrimp with the salt, garlic and rosemary.
3. Place in a single layer in a cast iron frying pan. Coat with the black pepper. Top with the cut up cold butter.
4. Place into the oven and bake for about 30 to 45 minutes. Baste occasionally. Be careful not to over cook, but also make sure that the shrimp all soak up the sauce.
5. Serve with a lot French bread for dipping.
6. Serves 1 to 2.
Got a great recipe? Send it to email@example.com.
Subscribe Today and Save!!!
St. Charles Herald-Guide is an award-winning newspaper that covers all aspects of St. Charles Parish - from schools and parish government news to social events, features on our local residents and sports.
Order your subscription today!
Hahnville head football coach Lou Valdin has resigned after 15 years with the...
The suspected intoxicated driver who was charged with a hit and run earlier this...
The Destrehan offense didn't march up and down the field on Dutcthtown on Friday...
A woman who police say was drunk when she crashed into a car and killed the aunt...
Nearly 100 people braved the cool temperatures and driving mist to come out to the...
A bicyclist was killed after getting hit by a car at the intersection of Barton...
The St. Charles Parish Library has six locations across the parish, including a bookmobile and planetarium. We have free Wi-Fi, computers, internet access, books, magazines and more for your use. Visit us today to get a library card!
Wildcats faced with tough task of beating Dutchtown twice - 669 views
After rolling up more than 300 yards on the ground in their 34-7 win against Ruston, the Destrehan Wildcats advance to the Class 5A quarterfinals where they will face off against Dutchtown for the second time this season.