James Jackson, 31, of 1208 Paul Frederick St., Luling, was arrested and charged with reckless operation, driver not licensed, resisting an officer by flight, resisting arrest, poss. with intend to dist. cocaine and poss. of cocaine in the 300 Blk. of Alexander St., Boutte, on May 2. Sheriff Champagne reports that the above subject was stopped for suspicious person. As the officer attempted to stop the subject, he accelerated his vehicle turning the corner of LA 52 and Baily. Jackson then exited his vehicle while it was still in motion and fled into a wooded area. After a brief pursuit, Jackson was arrested and booked accordingly. Jackson was allegedly found in poss. of 34.5 grams of cocaine.
• A boat and trailer, valued at $6,700, was reported stolen from 362 Marcia Dr., Luling, on May 5.
• A Bobcat, valued at $20,000, was reported stolen from 10362 U.S. 61, St. Rose, on May 8.
• Two bikes, valued at $140, was reported stolen from 221 Post St., Killona, on May 6.
• A 17 ft. boat, a boat motor, and a boat trailer, was reported stolen from 362 Marcia Dr., Luling, on May 5.
• Daniel Cruse, 45, of 197 Cypress St., Des Allemands, was arrested and charged with DWI and reckless operation at U.S. 90 and Early St., Paradis, on May 3.
• Patricia Causey, 35, 4116 Lac Bienville, Harvey, was arrested and charged with DWI, switched plates, reckless operation, and no DL on person at I-310 and U.S. Hwy. 90, Boutte, on May 7.
• Martin Lacross, 42, of 115 Dominick St., Luling, was arrested and charged with DWI, improper lane use, open alcoholic container in vehicle at U.S. 90 @ St. Anthony St, Luling, on May 7.
• Kenneth Williams, 33, of 307 River Village Dr., Destrehan, was arrested and charged with DWI at U.S. 61, Norco, on May 7.
• Michael Zeringue, 30, 565 Payne St., Norco, was arrested and charged with DWI and failure to yield at U.S. 61 North Bound @ LA 48 on May 6.
Subscribe Today and Save!!!
St. Charles Herald-Guide is an award-winning newspaper that covers all aspects of St. Charles Parish - from schools and parish government news to social events, features on our local residents and sports.
Order your subscription today!
A new online job connection program that seeks to match the skill set of job...
St. Charles Parish experienced the only decline in home prices in the New Orleans...
Two teens will not spend any additional time in jail after admitting they lured a...
Bailey Lanier is a big guy. ...
The body of a man who is believed to have jumped off the Hale Boggs Bridge in...
New laws targeting motorists have taken effect, including a ban on using cell...
St. Charles Parish's first choice for local news and event information. Our newspaper, website, and digital edition is your window to all things newsworthy in your hometown.
Parish still has no plan in place to repay misspent taxpayer money - 1110 views
Opinions vary on whether Parish President V.J. St. Pierre’s administration must find a way to repay or rectify a finding by the Louisiana Attorney General that they unconstitutionally provided $140,000 worth of free dumpsters to parish residents over a four-year period.