Put together pet evacuation kit in advance of hurricane season
The most important thing to remember is you and your pet's safety. When traveling with your animal, keep these things in mind:
1. Make sure you have a current rabies vaccine, license and tags on your animal.
2 Make sure your animal is vaccinated against diseases.
3. You should have a carrier for each animal as well as a collar and leash for each.
4. Make sure you have enough food and water for your animal for at least seven days.
5. Animal control recommends you to microchip your animal in case you and your pet become disconnected.
6. Search out animal-friendly hotels to stay in while away from home.
7. If your animal is on any medications, have a two-week supply with you.
8. Get a copy of your animals current vet record to bring with you in case of emergency.
9. If your animal does not travel well, check with your vet about medicines you can give your pet to ease their anxiety.
10. Last but not least, please do not leave your pets behind in a hurricane. A storm can be a very traumatic thing for an animal to have to go through alone. Please do not leave them boarded at your local vet!
We recommend you prepare a pet evacuation kit prior to the hurricane season. Animal Control would like to wish you and your pets a safe hurricane season. Should you have any questions please feel free to contact us at the shelter at 985-783-5010.
Richard Randolph, a Luling sex offender who was at one point listed by the U.S....
The recent incident involving three men stranded on I-10 who were robbed and one...
The St. Charles Parish Council cleared the way for a Southeastern Freight Lines...
Katie Beuttner has always loved the water....
Rodney Naquin Jr. was sentenced to 29 years in prison after he pleaded guilty to a...
Destrehan basketball star Cara Ursin has left a tough act to follow, that much is...
Bent's RV is a Full Service RV Dealership in Louisiana.
‘Big Jeff’ lost home, 2 cats in Des Allemands fire - 3998 views
It wasn’t until three weeks after fire claimed Jeff Matherne’s nearly 80-year-old residence on Levy Road in Des Allemands that he was able to see that he had lost nearly everything.