Put together pet evacuation kit in advance of hurricane season
The most important thing to remember is you and your pet's safety. When traveling with your animal, keep these things in mind:
1. Make sure you have a current rabies vaccine, license and tags on your animal.
2 Make sure your animal is vaccinated against diseases.
3. You should have a carrier for each animal as well as a collar and leash for each.
4. Make sure you have enough food and water for your animal for at least seven days.
5. Animal control recommends you to microchip your animal in case you and your pet become disconnected.
6. Search out animal-friendly hotels to stay in while away from home.
7. If your animal is on any medications, have a two-week supply with you.
8. Get a copy of your animals current vet record to bring with you in case of emergency.
9. If your animal does not travel well, check with your vet about medicines you can give your pet to ease their anxiety.
10. Last but not least, please do not leave your pets behind in a hurricane. A storm can be a very traumatic thing for an animal to have to go through alone. Please do not leave them boarded at your local vet!
We recommend you prepare a pet evacuation kit prior to the hurricane season. Animal Control would like to wish you and your pets a safe hurricane season. Should you have any questions please feel free to contact us at the shelter at 985-783-5010.
Subscribe Today and Save!!!
St. Charles Herald-Guide is an award-winning newspaper that covers all aspects of St. Charles Parish - from schools and parish government news to social events, features on our local residents and sports.
Order your subscription today!
The Beatles, Frank Sinatra, Judy Garland and Luciano Pavarotti all performed at New...
Even though the election is almost a year away, two St. Charles Parish Council...
An Ama man was arrested after he was accused of exposing himself to two women at...
The former site of P.J.’s Po Boys in Luling will re-open in January as Fatty’s...
When Destrehan head coach Stephen Robicheaux returned to lead the Wildcats in 2012,...
The Luling Volunteer Fire Department was called to the scene of two separate fires...
New York Life gives you the path to financial security of life time protection and value of life insurance, annuities, retirement plans and other financial planning. Let us help you achieve the financial goal of lifetime income!
Despite loss, future bright for Hahnville - 773 views
Hahnville’s football season ended last Friday with a 24-12 loss to Destrehan in the Class 5A quarterfinals, but preparation for next year began the following Monday, according to Tiger head coach Nick Saltaformaggio.