The Cook’s Corner
|Photo and recipe provided by LouisianaSeafood.com|
2 tablespoons margarine
1 bunch green onions
1 pound peeled and deveined Louisiana shrimp
1 4-ounce can chopped green chilies
1 4-ounce jar diced pimentos
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 can cream of shrimp soup
1 8-ounce package cream cheese
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon white pepper
10 8-inch flour tortillas
2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
1. Melt margarine in a three-quart saucepan.
2. Add onions and sauté until tender.
3. Add shrimp, continue sautéing until shrimp turn pink and opaque.
4. Add peppers and half of pimentos. Add soup, cream cheese, salt and white pepper.
5. Stir over medium heat until cream cheese is melted.
6. Cool. Use about half the mixture to fill the tortillas.
7. Roll up, place seam side down in an oiled 9x13-inch baking dish.
8. Top with remaining sauce, reserved pimentos and shredded cheese.
9. Bake at 325 degrees for 30 minutes.
Subscribe Today and Save!!!
St. Charles Herald-Guide is an award-winning newspaper that covers all aspects of St. Charles Parish - from schools and parish government news to social events, features on our local residents and sports.
Order your subscription today!
Imagine belonging to an online chat room on Skype with friends haunted by a...
Destrehan boys basketball coach Todd Bourg is excited about his team’s prospects...
Destrehan hasn’t lost many games over the past two seasons. In fact, the Wildcats...
St. Charles Parish Public Schools made the grade with this year’s ACT composite...
Clint Chiasson has an insatiable drive to be the best. Sometimes, it’s all that...
Although St. Charles Parish officials don’t have a figure yet, they’re saying the...
To take control of one's life requires courage. Ms.Lucia specializes in depression, stress and anxiety disorders, parent-child relationships, and marital issues. Taking the first step is often the most difficult.
Local bodybuilder earns Mr. Louisiana crown - 4245 views
Clint Chiasson has an insatiable drive to be the best. Sometimes, it’s all that keeps him going.