The Cook's Corner
Easter Bunny Bundt Cake
Bundt Cake Ingredients:
1 bag MILKY WAY® Midnight Minis
1 bag DOVE® Brand Milk or Dark Chocolate Eggs
1 bag STARBURST®Brand Original Jellybeans
1 box (18.25 ounces) devil’s food cake mix
1 box (3 ounces) chocolate instant pudding
1 can (16 ounces) milk chocolate frosting
1 can (16 ounces) vanilla frosting
Green food coloring
Bunny Cookies Ingredients:
1 bag M&M’S® Brand MINIS® Milk Chocolate Candies
2/3 cup flour
1 roll (18 ounces) refrigerated sugar cookie dough
1/4 cup light corn syrup
1/8 cup decorating sugar each pink, orange and yellow
1 tube white decorating frosting Bunny cookie cutters, or downloadable template (brightideas.com/easter)
1. Prepare cake mix according to package instructions. Stir in chocolate pudding powder.
2. Fold 2 cups of chopped MILKY WAY® Midnight Minis into batter before pouring into a grease and flour Bundt pan.
3. Bake in a preheated 350oF oven for approximately 45 to 55 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove and cool completely.
4. Invert cake, remove from pan and cover completely with chocolate frosting.
5. Tint vanilla frosting green and spoon into a resealable plastic bag with a snipped small corner. Pipe “grass” on top and a few patches at the base of the cake.
1. Meanwhile: knead flour into cookie dough and roll to scant 1/4-inch thickness. Press out 12 large and 12 small bunnies with cutters or downloadable template. Transfer to a parchment lined cookie sheet.
2. Bake in a preheated 350°F oven for approximately 10 to 12 minutes, or until golden. Remove and cool completely.
3. Lightly brush corn syrup on cookies and sprinkle with desired color of decorating sugar. With a dot of frosting, attach M&M’S® Brand MINIS® Milk Chocolate Candies as eyes.
4. Using photo as your guide, arrange cookies and candy around cake.
Subscribe Today and Save!!!
St. Charles Herald-Guide is an award-winning newspaper that covers all aspects of St. Charles Parish - from schools and parish government news to social events, features on our local residents and sports.
Order your subscription today!
A St. Rose woman is in jail after authorities say she poisoned her husband’s drink...
After narrowly defeating attorney Tim Marcel for the Division E judgeship in a 2012...
The Hahnville Tigers will get their first taste of live action this Friday as they...
A major network television series will be filmed in St. Charles Parish for the...
A splash park in Ormond that opened in June to much fanfare has now closed from...
More than 200 people crammed into the Mule Barn at Destrehan Plantation last...
Boutte Christian Academy (BCA) is a childcare and educational ministry of Life Church in Boutte. BCA was founded in 1980 as a Mother's Day Out Program and has grown over the years into a Class "A" Child Care Center and a State-Approved School
Zeus moves ahead with parade plans - 1403 views
Signs supporting the Krewe of Zeus’ plans to parade through Ormond Boulevard in February have popped up across Destrehan, and the krewe plans to hold a public meeting in order to alleviate any concerns residents may have about the proposed route.