• Daron Downing, 22, at 231 Sycamore St., Hahnville, was arrested and charged with poss. with intent to dist. SCH II CDS to wit cocaine, resisting arrest by flight, hit and run, reckless operation, aggravated flight from officer, criminal trespassing, resisting arrest by violence, switched plate, vehicle must be licensed, driving under suspension, SCSO attachment and a fugitive from Kenner PD on April 24. Sheriff Champagne reports that officers attempted to stop subject for a traffic violation. The subject refused to stop for officers and began traveling at a high rate of speed passing other vehicles in no passing zones. After a breif pursuit, Downing was arrested and booked accordingly.
• John McNeely, 33, of 204 Kirk St., Paradis, was arrested and charged with poss. of SCH II narcotic (Adderall), poss. of SCH II narcotic (hydrocodone), poss. of SCH I narcotic (marijuana), poss. of drug paraphernalia and brake lights required in the 1300 Blk. of LA 52, Boutte, on April 25. Sheriff Champagne reports that officers stopped the above subject for a traffic violation. Further investigation revealed that the subject to be in poss. of Adderall, Hydrocodone, Marijuana, and drug paraphernalia.
• Jawara K. Harness, 28, of 310 Hanson Place, Kenner, was arrested and charged with poss. of a SSCH I CDS to wit Heroin, poss. poss. of drug paraphernalia, resisting an officer by flight, no driver’s license, expired break tag, and failure to use turn signals at Charlestown Blvd. and E. Club Dr., St. Rose, on April 26. Sheriff Champagne reports that the above subject was stopped for a traffic violation. Further investigation revealed the subject to be in possession of Heroin.
• Jordan H. Jacobs, 23, of 101 Madewood Dr., Destrehan, was arrested and charged with DWI, reckless operation and failure to stop at a stop sign in the 200 Blk. of Ormond Blvd, Destrehan, on April 25.
• Paul E. Milk, 37, of 383 Lincoln St., Glendale Heights, Ill., was arrested and charged with DWI, reckless operation, no DL and hit and run at Hwy. 90, Boutte, on April 30.
• James E. Bessette, 25, of 161 S. Croswell Bradley, Ill., was arrested and charged with DWI, hit and run and reckless operation at Hwy. 90, Boutte, on April 30.
• Arlene Diaz, 42, of 103 Magnolia Ct., Luling, was arrested and charged with DWI, no DL on person and reckless operation at the above address on April 30.
• Bill M. Baldwin, 44, of 100 Blair Ave., Kenner, was arrested and charged with DWI, reckless operation and 1st degree vehicle negligant injuring at US 61 & Riverbend on April 28.
• Bobby Cantu, 21, of 5520 Nevada St., Mission, Texas, was arrested and charged with DWI, hit and run, reckless operation and window tint violations at US 61 @ LA 637 on May 1.
• Thirty assorted CD’s, valued at $100, were reported stolen from 619 Killona Dr., Killona, on April 24.
• A CD player, valued at $150, was reported stolen from 303 River Ridge Dr., Boutte, on April 24.
• A X-Box with console and wireless remote and assorted X-Box games, valued at $910, were reported stolen from 56 Brandon Hall, Destrehan, on April 26.
• A 1999 Freighliner truck, valued at $25,000, was reported stolen from 10405 US 61, St. Rose, on April 30.
• A BMX bike, valued at $100, was reported stolen from 600 Blk. of West Pine St., Norco, on April 30.
• A 20 gauge shot gun, valued at $300, was reported stolen from 1 Goodhope St., Norco, on April 28.
• Five sheets of treated plywood, valued at $200, was reported stolen from 674 Evangeline Rd, Montz, on April 29.
Subscribe Today and Save!!!
St. Charles Herald-Guide is an award-winning newspaper that covers all aspects of St. Charles Parish - from schools and parish government news to social events, features on our local residents and sports.
Order your subscription today!
David Walters knew something was terribly wrong with him after he threw up at work...
Trout fishing in Grand Isle has been hit or miss this summer. Depending on who you...
Stanley Wajda, who spent the last seven months as paid fire chief of the Hahnville...
Starring in a feature-length film at the age of 16 may seem like a big deal to most...
A New Orleans man was shot to death on Kennedy Street in St. Rose on Monday morning...
Not too many animal trappers can boast the resume of St. Rose’s John Schmidt, who...
Today's Car Care is the name people trust when it comes to outstanding tires and automotive service in the River Region and beyond.
Herald-Guide wins 18 awards from LPA - 524 views
The St. Charles Herald-Guide won 18 awards from the Louisiana Press Association for the paper’s work in 2013, including Best Editorial Page and Best Lifestyles Coverage.