The Cook’s Corner
LUNAR TUNA SCRAMBLE
|Photo and recipe provided by Family Features|
Ingredients: 6 ounces (canned in water or pouched) chunk light or chunk white tuna
6 ounces (canned in water or pouched) chunk light or chunk white tuna
1 medium tomato
3 tablespoons milk
Nonstick vegetable cooking spray
2 slices (about 2 ounces) Swiss cheese
1. Preheat broiler. Drain canned tuna until all liquid is removed.
2. Place tuna in a bowl; flake into small pieces with a fork.
3. Cut tomato into quarters; scrape with a small spoon to remove seeds and soft pulp.
4. Chop into 1/2-inch pieces. Whisk milk into eggs in a medium bowl.
5. Stir in flaked tuna and chopped tomato.
6. Spray a 9-inch microwave-safe pie plate or shallow casserole with nonstick cooking spray.
7. Pour in egg mixture; cover with plastic or lid, microwave on high for 90 seconds.
8. Carefully remove plastic, stir the egg mixture with a fork.
9. Re-cover, continue to microwave on high for 3 to 3 1/2 minutes longer, stirring after each minute, until eggs are no longer runny and just barely firm.
10. Arrange cheese slices over eggs.
11. Place 4 to 5 inches beneath broiler for 30 to 40 seconds, or until cheese is melted.
Got a great recipe? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Subscribe Today and Save!!!
St. Charles Herald-Guide is an award-winning newspaper that covers all aspects of St. Charles Parish - from schools and parish government news to social events, features on our local residents and sports.
Order your subscription today!
At 93 years old, Ellis Verdin is an inspiration – literally.
Playing at St. Thomas Aquinas in Hammond, despite being the lower seed and earning...
The St. Charles Herald-Guide lost a co-founder, fellow writer and matriarch last...
It’s a crowded May 2 ballot with four tax propositions going before St. Charles...
With the theme of “Live Well, Love Much, Laugh Often,” the St. Charles Women’s Club...
HBO documentary figure and murder suspect Robert Durst is coming to St. Charles...
At Saia Auto Consultants, our ultimate goal is to get you the highest quality vehicle for your money.
New Sarpy murder suspect turns himself in - 752 views
New Sarpy resident Sidney K. Smith, 22, was arrested and charged with second-degree murder in the shooting death of 28-year old Warren Sanders last Saturday night.