The Cook’s Corner
LUNAR TUNA SCRAMBLE
|Photo and recipe provided by Family Features|
Ingredients: 6 ounces (canned in water or pouched) chunk light or chunk white tuna
6 ounces (canned in water or pouched) chunk light or chunk white tuna
1 medium tomato
3 tablespoons milk
Nonstick vegetable cooking spray
2 slices (about 2 ounces) Swiss cheese
1. Preheat broiler. Drain canned tuna until all liquid is removed.
2. Place tuna in a bowl; flake into small pieces with a fork.
3. Cut tomato into quarters; scrape with a small spoon to remove seeds and soft pulp.
4. Chop into 1/2-inch pieces. Whisk milk into eggs in a medium bowl.
5. Stir in flaked tuna and chopped tomato.
6. Spray a 9-inch microwave-safe pie plate or shallow casserole with nonstick cooking spray.
7. Pour in egg mixture; cover with plastic or lid, microwave on high for 90 seconds.
8. Carefully remove plastic, stir the egg mixture with a fork.
9. Re-cover, continue to microwave on high for 3 to 3 1/2 minutes longer, stirring after each minute, until eggs are no longer runny and just barely firm.
10. Arrange cheese slices over eggs.
11. Place 4 to 5 inches beneath broiler for 30 to 40 seconds, or until cheese is melted.
Got a great recipe? Email email@example.com.
Hahnville hadn’t forgotten the past two years of postseason play each resulting in...
Former St. Charles Parish District Attorney Harry Morel Jr., who on Wednesday was...
Destrehan’s Jared Montz raised his hands to the sky as his teammates exploded out...
New details have surfaced against former St. Charles Parish teacher Shelley...
A low-scoring, one-run game with a season on the line brings a lot of pressure with...
With former St. Charles District Attorney Harry Morel facing sentencing after...
Today's Car Care is the name people trust when it comes to outstanding tires and automotive service in the River Region and beyond.
Destrehan senior makes history as parish's first state Student of the Year - 1409 views
Even days later, Destrehan High School's Cole Grieshop shook his head in disbelief.