The Cook’s Corner
LUNAR TUNA SCRAMBLE
|Photo and recipe provided by Family Features|
Ingredients: 6 ounces (canned in water or pouched) chunk light or chunk white tuna
6 ounces (canned in water or pouched) chunk light or chunk white tuna
1 medium tomato
3 tablespoons milk
Nonstick vegetable cooking spray
2 slices (about 2 ounces) Swiss cheese
1. Preheat broiler. Drain canned tuna until all liquid is removed.
2. Place tuna in a bowl; flake into small pieces with a fork.
3. Cut tomato into quarters; scrape with a small spoon to remove seeds and soft pulp.
4. Chop into 1/2-inch pieces. Whisk milk into eggs in a medium bowl.
5. Stir in flaked tuna and chopped tomato.
6. Spray a 9-inch microwave-safe pie plate or shallow casserole with nonstick cooking spray.
7. Pour in egg mixture; cover with plastic or lid, microwave on high for 90 seconds.
8. Carefully remove plastic, stir the egg mixture with a fork.
9. Re-cover, continue to microwave on high for 3 to 3 1/2 minutes longer, stirring after each minute, until eggs are no longer runny and just barely firm.
10. Arrange cheese slices over eggs.
11. Place 4 to 5 inches beneath broiler for 30 to 40 seconds, or until cheese is melted.
Got a great recipe? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Subscribe Today and Save!!!
St. Charles Herald-Guide is an award-winning newspaper that covers all aspects of St. Charles Parish - from schools and parish government news to social events, features on our local residents and sports.
Order your subscription today!
Beginning April 1, St. Charles Parish Hospital will ban smoking throughout the...
Rather than rely on “hopes and prayers” to find funding for the West Bank hurricane...
The St. Charles Parish Sheriff’s Office arrested and charged a Boutte woman with...
The St. Charles Herald-Guide announces the hiring of reporters Anna Thibodeaux and...
Local union workers at Shell and Motiva refineries in Norco went on strike after...
Emily Charles, 21, had begun to drive herself and five longtime friends from a...
Rooster Comb Barber Shop is an Old Fashioned Barber Shop with highly skilled barbers that were taught by Head Rooster himself (Alvin Boe). Family owned and operated, three generations strong! Walk ins welcomed.
Parish rallies around 8-year-old battling cancer - 1117 views
Chad Grosch II loves Legos and playing games on his iPad. He’s also received 10 to 15 blood transfusions in the last three months.