The Cook’s Corner
LUNAR TUNA SCRAMBLE
|Photo and recipe provided by Family Features|
Ingredients: 6 ounces (canned in water or pouched) chunk light or chunk white tuna
6 ounces (canned in water or pouched) chunk light or chunk white tuna
1 medium tomato
3 tablespoons milk
Nonstick vegetable cooking spray
2 slices (about 2 ounces) Swiss cheese
1. Preheat broiler. Drain canned tuna until all liquid is removed.
2. Place tuna in a bowl; flake into small pieces with a fork.
3. Cut tomato into quarters; scrape with a small spoon to remove seeds and soft pulp.
4. Chop into 1/2-inch pieces. Whisk milk into eggs in a medium bowl.
5. Stir in flaked tuna and chopped tomato.
6. Spray a 9-inch microwave-safe pie plate or shallow casserole with nonstick cooking spray.
7. Pour in egg mixture; cover with plastic or lid, microwave on high for 90 seconds.
8. Carefully remove plastic, stir the egg mixture with a fork.
9. Re-cover, continue to microwave on high for 3 to 3 1/2 minutes longer, stirring after each minute, until eggs are no longer runny and just barely firm.
10. Arrange cheese slices over eggs.
11. Place 4 to 5 inches beneath broiler for 30 to 40 seconds, or until cheese is melted.
Got a great recipe? Email email@example.com.
As a longtime educator in the St. Charles Parish School system and school board...
St. Charles Parish Hospital introduced Austin Reeder as chief executive officer...
The worker missing after the Phillips 66 pipeline explosion in Paradis last...
As soon as Amanda Thomas could walk again from a serious car accident, she went to...
With ground broken and ribbons cut for nearly $2 billion in industrial investments...
Destrehan High School alumnus Will Sirmon IV appeared to have missed his chance to...
Over 25 Years of Quality Sales, Service and Repairs on YAMAHA, MERCURY, EVINRUDE and JOHNSON Motors.
Destrehan sophomore earns LSU offer - 4159 views
Sophomore running back John Emery has been recognized around Destrehan as being a special talent with great upside since he arrived at the school as a freshman.