The Cook’s Corner
LUNAR TUNA SCRAMBLE
|Photo and recipe provided by Family Features|
Ingredients: 6 ounces (canned in water or pouched) chunk light or chunk white tuna
6 ounces (canned in water or pouched) chunk light or chunk white tuna
1 medium tomato
3 tablespoons milk
Nonstick vegetable cooking spray
2 slices (about 2 ounces) Swiss cheese
1. Preheat broiler. Drain canned tuna until all liquid is removed.
2. Place tuna in a bowl; flake into small pieces with a fork.
3. Cut tomato into quarters; scrape with a small spoon to remove seeds and soft pulp.
4. Chop into 1/2-inch pieces. Whisk milk into eggs in a medium bowl.
5. Stir in flaked tuna and chopped tomato.
6. Spray a 9-inch microwave-safe pie plate or shallow casserole with nonstick cooking spray.
7. Pour in egg mixture; cover with plastic or lid, microwave on high for 90 seconds.
8. Carefully remove plastic, stir the egg mixture with a fork.
9. Re-cover, continue to microwave on high for 3 to 3 1/2 minutes longer, stirring after each minute, until eggs are no longer runny and just barely firm.
10. Arrange cheese slices over eggs.
11. Place 4 to 5 inches beneath broiler for 30 to 40 seconds, or until cheese is melted.
Got a great recipe? Email email@example.com.
Subscribe Today and Save!!!
St. Charles Herald-Guide is an award-winning newspaper that covers all aspects of St. Charles Parish - from schools and parish government news to social events, features on our local residents and sports.
Order your subscription today!
A pillar of the St. Charles Parish community was recently inducted into the hall of...
The National School Board Association has announced St. Charles Parish Public...
Kurt Dempster is a Mardi Gras enthusiast with 20 years experience riding in...
A Luling father who has been convicted of molesting his daughter twice in the last...
Revelers are preparing once again to line the streets of Luling and Des Allemands...
A Luling college student who is following his dreams to become an animator is...
The Fitness Club of Boutte offers superior service. The club provides the support and tools you need to reach your goals. Come in and get fit!
HHS grad takes unique approach to funding college - 991 views
A Luling college student who is following his dreams to become an animator is looking for help in funding his education through a unique method called crowdfunding.