The Cook’s Corner
LUNAR TUNA SCRAMBLE
|Photo and recipe provided by Family Features|
Ingredients: 6 ounces (canned in water or pouched) chunk light or chunk white tuna
6 ounces (canned in water or pouched) chunk light or chunk white tuna
1 medium tomato
3 tablespoons milk
Nonstick vegetable cooking spray
2 slices (about 2 ounces) Swiss cheese
1. Preheat broiler. Drain canned tuna until all liquid is removed.
2. Place tuna in a bowl; flake into small pieces with a fork.
3. Cut tomato into quarters; scrape with a small spoon to remove seeds and soft pulp.
4. Chop into 1/2-inch pieces. Whisk milk into eggs in a medium bowl.
5. Stir in flaked tuna and chopped tomato.
6. Spray a 9-inch microwave-safe pie plate or shallow casserole with nonstick cooking spray.
7. Pour in egg mixture; cover with plastic or lid, microwave on high for 90 seconds.
8. Carefully remove plastic, stir the egg mixture with a fork.
9. Re-cover, continue to microwave on high for 3 to 3 1/2 minutes longer, stirring after each minute, until eggs are no longer runny and just barely firm.
10. Arrange cheese slices over eggs.
11. Place 4 to 5 inches beneath broiler for 30 to 40 seconds, or until cheese is melted.
Got a great recipe? Email email@example.com.
Subscribe Today and Save!!!
St. Charles Herald-Guide is an award-winning newspaper that covers all aspects of St. Charles Parish - from schools and parish government news to social events, features on our local residents and sports.
Order your subscription today!
Originally opened in 2005, the Satellite Center will celebrate 10 years at a...
Luling shift firefighter Joseph Riebow, 39, who’s fight against leukemia was...
A blaze last Thursday on River Oaks Drive in Destrehan has displaced a mother and...
The St. Charles Parish School Board will ask residents to approve up to $42 million...
The Destrehan Wildcats are now 3-2 in district play after victories over Thibodaux...
St. Charles Parish residents might see a familiar face while tuning in to...
If Extra Cash is what you need to help meet expenses, come right in or call. We'll be glad to serve you promptly!
Satellite Center celebrates 10 years of preparing students for real world jobs - 1015 views
Originally opened in 2005, the Satellite Center will celebrate 10 years at a special ceremony on Jan. 30. But many residents don’t fully grasp how important the center is when it comes to preparing St. Charles students for today’s work force.