The Cook’s Corner
LUNAR TUNA SCRAMBLE
|Photo and recipe provided by Family Features|
Ingredients: 6 ounces (canned in water or pouched) chunk light or chunk white tuna
6 ounces (canned in water or pouched) chunk light or chunk white tuna
1 medium tomato
3 tablespoons milk
Nonstick vegetable cooking spray
2 slices (about 2 ounces) Swiss cheese
1. Preheat broiler. Drain canned tuna until all liquid is removed.
2. Place tuna in a bowl; flake into small pieces with a fork.
3. Cut tomato into quarters; scrape with a small spoon to remove seeds and soft pulp.
4. Chop into 1/2-inch pieces. Whisk milk into eggs in a medium bowl.
5. Stir in flaked tuna and chopped tomato.
6. Spray a 9-inch microwave-safe pie plate or shallow casserole with nonstick cooking spray.
7. Pour in egg mixture; cover with plastic or lid, microwave on high for 90 seconds.
8. Carefully remove plastic, stir the egg mixture with a fork.
9. Re-cover, continue to microwave on high for 3 to 3 1/2 minutes longer, stirring after each minute, until eggs are no longer runny and just barely firm.
10. Arrange cheese slices over eggs.
11. Place 4 to 5 inches beneath broiler for 30 to 40 seconds, or until cheese is melted.
Got a great recipe? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Subscribe Today and Save!!!
St. Charles Herald-Guide is an award-winning newspaper that covers all aspects of St. Charles Parish - from schools and parish government news to social events, features on our local residents and sports.
Order your subscription today!
Resurfacing the Hale Boggs Memorial Bridge deck isn’t just a $24.5 million upgrade,...
An attempted traffic stop by Louisiana State Police on I-310 turned into a police...
Though a lopsided loss to Destrehan halted Hahnville’s winning streak at three, the...
The Des Allemands man accused of stealing more than $12,000 from the 2014 Louisiana...
A New Orleans man accused of kidnapping and raping a Norco woman before allegedly...
With three regular season games left, Destrehan’s mantra is simple: no matter who...
Bent's RV is a Full Service RV Dealership in Louisiana.
Hale Boggs is a ‘test bridge’ for surfacing - 1457 views
Resurfacing the Hale Boggs Memorial Bridge deck isn’t just a $24.5 million upgrade, it’s the result of a 15 year experiment that determined a concrete overlay would provide much longer surface life than asphalt.