The Cook’s Corner
LUNAR TUNA SCRAMBLE
|Photo and recipe provided by Family Features|
Ingredients: 6 ounces (canned in water or pouched) chunk light or chunk white tuna
6 ounces (canned in water or pouched) chunk light or chunk white tuna
1 medium tomato
3 tablespoons milk
Nonstick vegetable cooking spray
2 slices (about 2 ounces) Swiss cheese
1. Preheat broiler. Drain canned tuna until all liquid is removed.
2. Place tuna in a bowl; flake into small pieces with a fork.
3. Cut tomato into quarters; scrape with a small spoon to remove seeds and soft pulp.
4. Chop into 1/2-inch pieces. Whisk milk into eggs in a medium bowl.
5. Stir in flaked tuna and chopped tomato.
6. Spray a 9-inch microwave-safe pie plate or shallow casserole with nonstick cooking spray.
7. Pour in egg mixture; cover with plastic or lid, microwave on high for 90 seconds.
8. Carefully remove plastic, stir the egg mixture with a fork.
9. Re-cover, continue to microwave on high for 3 to 3 1/2 minutes longer, stirring after each minute, until eggs are no longer runny and just barely firm.
10. Arrange cheese slices over eggs.
11. Place 4 to 5 inches beneath broiler for 30 to 40 seconds, or until cheese is melted.
Got a great recipe? Email email@example.com.
Subscribe Today and Save!!!
St. Charles Herald-Guide is an award-winning newspaper that covers all aspects of St. Charles Parish - from schools and parish government news to social events, features on our local residents and sports.
Order your subscription today!
After years of searching for an ideal spot to build a public boat launch, St....
Business owners and St. Charles Parish Council members have expressed concern over...
The Krewe of Zeus will hold a public meeting on Tuesday, Sept. 30 to gather...
The greenhouse at the ARC of St. Charles is a multifunctional building that...
Officials with a fertilizer company planning to build a $1.2 billion plant in...
Despite the fallout of massive layoffs at River Parishes Hospital announced in...
Bent's RV is a Full Service RV Dealership in Louisiana.
Plan would drastically alter Highway 90 traffic - 4239 views
Business owners and St. Charles Parish Council members have expressed concern over a comprehensive construction program currently underway on Highway 90 that will change the way the busy roadway functions.