The Cook's Corner
Sspicy Roasted Corn, Avocado & Chicken Salad
|Photo and recipe provided by Family Features|
2 tablespoons lime juice
1 teaspoon chili powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
4 ears fresh supersweet corn, husk and silk removed
2 cups diced cooked chicken (about 10 ounces)
1 cup halved grape or cherry tomatoes
1/4 cup sliced radishes
2 fully ripened Mexican avocados, halved, pitted and peeled
4 cups mixed salad greens in bite-sized pieces
1. Preheat broiler to high. In a small cup, combine lime juice, chili powder and salt.
2. Brush corn ears with the seasoning mixture; place on a broiler pan.
3. Broil 6 inches from heat source until lightly browned; turn and continue broiling until barely cooked, a total of 7 to 10 minutes. Cool.
4. Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine, chicken, tomatoes and radishes.
5. Cut each avocado into slices then cut slices in half crosswise; add to chicken mixture.
6. Add 1/4 cup Spicy Salad Dressing; toss gently. Cut two or three 1/4-inch slices from each corn ear; set aside.
7. Cut remaining corn kernels from the cobs, by holding the ear upright in a shallow bowl so the kernels don't scatter.
8. Divide salad greens among 4 dinner plates. Top with the chicken mixture then corn kernels.
9. Garnish with reserved corn rounds. Serve with additional dressing, if desired.
Got a great recipe? Email email@example.com.
Subscribe Today and Save!!!
St. Charles Herald-Guide is an award-winning newspaper that covers all aspects of St. Charles Parish - from schools and parish government news to social events, features on our local residents and sports.
Order your subscription today!
Byron Joseph Sr., 56, is not a homeless stereotype. ...
The ghosts of Native Americans, French explorers and pirates will inhabit Norco’s...
A Destrehan man claiming insanity in connection with the stabbing death of his...
Two of Hahnville’s six touchdowns came from the defense, leading the Tigers to a...
After nearly five years of planning, a homeless veterans apartment building in...
Destrehan used its powerful ground attack to cruise past Central Lafourche 42-7 on...
Providing high quality printing of wedding, social, and business cards and announcements. We also carry unique gifts, housewares and accessories for all occasions! We have pre-print or custom stationery, programs, napkins and second line handkerchiefs.
Matthews powers No. 2 Destrehan past Thibodaux - 769 views
With Destrehan locked in their toughest battle of the season, Wildcat running back Will Matthews provided the spark his team needed to pull out a 21-14 victory over Thibodaux.