The Cook's Corner
Sspicy Roasted Corn, Avocado & Chicken Salad
|Photo and recipe provided by Family Features|
2 tablespoons lime juice
1 teaspoon chili powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
4 ears fresh supersweet corn, husk and silk removed
2 cups diced cooked chicken (about 10 ounces)
1 cup halved grape or cherry tomatoes
1/4 cup sliced radishes
2 fully ripened Mexican avocados, halved, pitted and peeled
4 cups mixed salad greens in bite-sized pieces
1. Preheat broiler to high. In a small cup, combine lime juice, chili powder and salt.
2. Brush corn ears with the seasoning mixture; place on a broiler pan.
3. Broil 6 inches from heat source until lightly browned; turn and continue broiling until barely cooked, a total of 7 to 10 minutes. Cool.
4. Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine, chicken, tomatoes and radishes.
5. Cut each avocado into slices then cut slices in half crosswise; add to chicken mixture.
6. Add 1/4 cup Spicy Salad Dressing; toss gently. Cut two or three 1/4-inch slices from each corn ear; set aside.
7. Cut remaining corn kernels from the cobs, by holding the ear upright in a shallow bowl so the kernels don't scatter.
8. Divide salad greens among 4 dinner plates. Top with the chicken mixture then corn kernels.
9. Garnish with reserved corn rounds. Serve with additional dressing, if desired.
Got a great recipe? Email email@example.com.
Subscribe Today and Save!!!
St. Charles Herald-Guide is an award-winning newspaper that covers all aspects of St. Charles Parish - from schools and parish government news to social events, features on our local residents and sports.
Order your subscription today!
A Killona man faces felony animal cruelty charges after the St. Charles Parish...
The St. Charles Herald-Guide announces the hiring of reporters Anna Thibodeaux and...
The St. Charles Parish Sheriff’s Office arrested and charged a Boutte woman with...
When Hahnville wrestler Kendrick Jones won the LHSAA Division I state championship...
Rather than rely on “hopes and prayers” to find funding for the West Bank hurricane...
Emily Charles, 21, had begun to drive herself and five longtime friends from a...
At Saia Auto Consultants, our ultimate goal is to get you the highest quality vehicle for your money.
Packing the House - 1032 views
Romania is a long way from Lakewood Elementary, but the roaring crowd in the school gymnasium seems no less enthusiastic than crown Princess Margareta.