The Cook's Corner
Sspicy Roasted Corn, Avocado & Chicken Salad
|Photo and recipe provided by Family Features|
2 tablespoons lime juice
1 teaspoon chili powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
4 ears fresh supersweet corn, husk and silk removed
2 cups diced cooked chicken (about 10 ounces)
1 cup halved grape or cherry tomatoes
1/4 cup sliced radishes
2 fully ripened Mexican avocados, halved, pitted and peeled
4 cups mixed salad greens in bite-sized pieces
1. Preheat broiler to high. In a small cup, combine lime juice, chili powder and salt.
2. Brush corn ears with the seasoning mixture; place on a broiler pan.
3. Broil 6 inches from heat source until lightly browned; turn and continue broiling until barely cooked, a total of 7 to 10 minutes. Cool.
4. Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine, chicken, tomatoes and radishes.
5. Cut each avocado into slices then cut slices in half crosswise; add to chicken mixture.
6. Add 1/4 cup Spicy Salad Dressing; toss gently. Cut two or three 1/4-inch slices from each corn ear; set aside.
7. Cut remaining corn kernels from the cobs, by holding the ear upright in a shallow bowl so the kernels don't scatter.
8. Divide salad greens among 4 dinner plates. Top with the chicken mixture then corn kernels.
9. Garnish with reserved corn rounds. Serve with additional dressing, if desired.
Got a great recipe? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Subscribe Today and Save!!!
St. Charles Herald-Guide is an award-winning newspaper that covers all aspects of St. Charles Parish - from schools and parish government news to social events, features on our local residents and sports.
Order your subscription today!
“Disgusting! This is a proven case of ‘who you are and the pull you have with the...
St. Charles Parish officials pitched two millage tax proposals to fund sewage...
A Destrehan woman who got into an argument with her ex-boyfriend tried to resolve...
John Paul Devillier has been charged with attempted first-degree murder of a peace...
The St. Charles Parish Sheriff's Office has identified Corp. Burt Hazeltine as the...
A pilot program initiated in January by Progressive Waste Solutions had St. Charles...
Boutte Christian Academy (BCA) is a childcare and educational ministry of Life Church in Boutte. BCA was founded in 1980 as a Mother's Day Out Program and has grown over the years into a Class "A" Child Care Center and a State-Approved School
Witnesses describe chaos of St. Charles deputy shooting - 6139 views
Witnesses in Paradis heard gunshots and saw police arrest a man accused of shooting a St. Charles deputy by yanking him out of a silver truck.