The Cook's Corner
Sspicy Roasted Corn, Avocado & Chicken Salad
|Photo and recipe provided by Family Features|
2 tablespoons lime juice
1 teaspoon chili powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
4 ears fresh supersweet corn, husk and silk removed
2 cups diced cooked chicken (about 10 ounces)
1 cup halved grape or cherry tomatoes
1/4 cup sliced radishes
2 fully ripened Mexican avocados, halved, pitted and peeled
4 cups mixed salad greens in bite-sized pieces
1. Preheat broiler to high. In a small cup, combine lime juice, chili powder and salt.
2. Brush corn ears with the seasoning mixture; place on a broiler pan.
3. Broil 6 inches from heat source until lightly browned; turn and continue broiling until barely cooked, a total of 7 to 10 minutes. Cool.
4. Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine, chicken, tomatoes and radishes.
5. Cut each avocado into slices then cut slices in half crosswise; add to chicken mixture.
6. Add 1/4 cup Spicy Salad Dressing; toss gently. Cut two or three 1/4-inch slices from each corn ear; set aside.
7. Cut remaining corn kernels from the cobs, by holding the ear upright in a shallow bowl so the kernels don't scatter.
8. Divide salad greens among 4 dinner plates. Top with the chicken mixture then corn kernels.
9. Garnish with reserved corn rounds. Serve with additional dressing, if desired.
Got a great recipe? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Subscribe Today and Save!!!
St. Charles Herald-Guide is an award-winning newspaper that covers all aspects of St. Charles Parish - from schools and parish government news to social events, features on our local residents and sports.
Order your subscription today!
While many of the teams remaining in the prep football postseason will be adjusting...
St. Charles Parish’s share of the BP and Transocean settlements from the Deep Water...
As Destrehan attempts to become the program’s first undefeated state champion since...
Under the great oaks of Destrehan Plantation, Mary Alice Smith and her husband,...
For the first time since 2012, Destrehan lost a game on its home field — and with...
Destrehan coach Stephen Robicheaux said his Wildcats’ performance against Barbe...
Bent's RV is a Full Service RV Dealership in Louisiana.
Wildcats advance to quarterfinals with ease, beat Barbe 52-27 - 939 views
Destrehan coach Stephen Robicheaux said his Wildcats’ performance against Barbe Friday night might have been his team’s very best of the season. High praise when speaking of an undefeated team, to be sure; few witnesses, however, would likely argue.