The Cook's Corner
Sspicy Roasted Corn, Avocado & Chicken Salad
|Photo and recipe provided by Family Features|
2 tablespoons lime juice
1 teaspoon chili powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
4 ears fresh supersweet corn, husk and silk removed
2 cups diced cooked chicken (about 10 ounces)
1 cup halved grape or cherry tomatoes
1/4 cup sliced radishes
2 fully ripened Mexican avocados, halved, pitted and peeled
4 cups mixed salad greens in bite-sized pieces
1. Preheat broiler to high. In a small cup, combine lime juice, chili powder and salt.
2. Brush corn ears with the seasoning mixture; place on a broiler pan.
3. Broil 6 inches from heat source until lightly browned; turn and continue broiling until barely cooked, a total of 7 to 10 minutes. Cool.
4. Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine, chicken, tomatoes and radishes.
5. Cut each avocado into slices then cut slices in half crosswise; add to chicken mixture.
6. Add 1/4 cup Spicy Salad Dressing; toss gently. Cut two or three 1/4-inch slices from each corn ear; set aside.
7. Cut remaining corn kernels from the cobs, by holding the ear upright in a shallow bowl so the kernels don't scatter.
8. Divide salad greens among 4 dinner plates. Top with the chicken mixture then corn kernels.
9. Garnish with reserved corn rounds. Serve with additional dressing, if desired.
Got a great recipe? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Subscribe Today and Save!!!
St. Charles Herald-Guide is an award-winning newspaper that covers all aspects of St. Charles Parish - from schools and parish government news to social events, features on our local residents and sports.
Order your subscription today!
Entergy Louisiana Inc. continued to rank as St. Charles Parish’s largest company...
Ama resident Glenn Singleton smiled as he fondly called being in attendance at the...
While Friday’s game between Destrehan and Hahnville is the center of a great deal...
Behind four Kohen Granier touchdown passes and a strong second-half defensive...
All schools deal with the issue of bullying. St. Rose Elementary School is taking...
Expected to draw more than 8,000 people, the 14th annual Battle for the Paddle...
Today's Car Care is the name people trust when it comes to outstanding tires and automotive service in the River Region and beyond.
Oil ban lift could hurt jobs in St. Charles Parish refinery business - 1701 views
As efforts continue with Congress to lift restrictions on U.S. crude oil exports, so are those by the United Steelworkers union (USW) to stop it, arguing it could hurt jobs and the refinery business in areas like St. Charles Parish.