The Cook's Corner
Sspicy Roasted Corn, Avocado & Chicken Salad
|Photo and recipe provided by Family Features|
2 tablespoons lime juice
1 teaspoon chili powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
4 ears fresh supersweet corn, husk and silk removed
2 cups diced cooked chicken (about 10 ounces)
1 cup halved grape or cherry tomatoes
1/4 cup sliced radishes
2 fully ripened Mexican avocados, halved, pitted and peeled
4 cups mixed salad greens in bite-sized pieces
1. Preheat broiler to high. In a small cup, combine lime juice, chili powder and salt.
2. Brush corn ears with the seasoning mixture; place on a broiler pan.
3. Broil 6 inches from heat source until lightly browned; turn and continue broiling until barely cooked, a total of 7 to 10 minutes. Cool.
4. Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine, chicken, tomatoes and radishes.
5. Cut each avocado into slices then cut slices in half crosswise; add to chicken mixture.
6. Add 1/4 cup Spicy Salad Dressing; toss gently. Cut two or three 1/4-inch slices from each corn ear; set aside.
7. Cut remaining corn kernels from the cobs, by holding the ear upright in a shallow bowl so the kernels don't scatter.
8. Divide salad greens among 4 dinner plates. Top with the chicken mixture then corn kernels.
9. Garnish with reserved corn rounds. Serve with additional dressing, if desired.
Got a great recipe? Email email@example.com.
Subscribe Today and Save!!!
St. Charles Herald-Guide is an award-winning newspaper that covers all aspects of St. Charles Parish - from schools and parish government news to social events, features on our local residents and sports.
Order your subscription today!
Joseph O. Fisher was finally on his way to following his brother into the U.S....
Tigers, Wildcats place 20 on All-District Team...
After finishing last season 14-1 and losing a host of key players to graduation,...
Lady Tigers, Wildcats place 12 on
All-District 1st Team, 2 on 2nd Team...
HBO is back in St. Charles Parish filming an eight-part series called “Quarry” that...
A St. Rose man has received a mandatory sentence of life in prison for the 2012...
To take control of one's life requires courage. Ms.Lucia specializes in depression, stress and anxiety disorders, parent-child relationships, and marital issues. Taking the first step is often the most difficult.
Lessons learned by a teenaged entrepreneur - 554 views
Graduation at Destrehan High School is nearly in the rear view mirror for Justice Waite, who is eagerly looking toward to growing her already two-year-old business called Silly Sweet Shop.