The Cook's Corner
Sspicy Roasted Corn, Avocado & Chicken Salad
|Photo and recipe provided by Family Features|
2 tablespoons lime juice
1 teaspoon chili powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
4 ears fresh supersweet corn, husk and silk removed
2 cups diced cooked chicken (about 10 ounces)
1 cup halved grape or cherry tomatoes
1/4 cup sliced radishes
2 fully ripened Mexican avocados, halved, pitted and peeled
4 cups mixed salad greens in bite-sized pieces
1. Preheat broiler to high. In a small cup, combine lime juice, chili powder and salt.
2. Brush corn ears with the seasoning mixture; place on a broiler pan.
3. Broil 6 inches from heat source until lightly browned; turn and continue broiling until barely cooked, a total of 7 to 10 minutes. Cool.
4. Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine, chicken, tomatoes and radishes.
5. Cut each avocado into slices then cut slices in half crosswise; add to chicken mixture.
6. Add 1/4 cup Spicy Salad Dressing; toss gently. Cut two or three 1/4-inch slices from each corn ear; set aside.
7. Cut remaining corn kernels from the cobs, by holding the ear upright in a shallow bowl so the kernels don't scatter.
8. Divide salad greens among 4 dinner plates. Top with the chicken mixture then corn kernels.
9. Garnish with reserved corn rounds. Serve with additional dressing, if desired.
Got a great recipe? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The St. Charles Parish Council cleared the way for a Southeastern Freight Lines...
All of the ongoing renovations and upgrades to Rathborne Park aren't quite...
The recent incident involving three men stranded on I-10 who were robbed and one...
Rodney Naquin Jr. was sentenced to 29 years in prison after he pleaded guilty to a...
It was hard enough for Jimmy Stuard to deal with a diagnosis of colon cancer...
Stepping on the front yard of Unit 201, Sabrina Ratcliff Lewis immediately recalled...
Bent's RV is a Full Service RV Dealership in Louisiana.
St. Charles Parish: New garbage collection service to begin May 1 - 521 views
Houma-based Pelican Waste & Debris will begin garbage collection for St. Charles Parish residents on May 1.