The Cook’s Corner
Pork-pulled Sloppy Joes
|Photo provided by Family Features|
• 1-2 bottles (16 oz. each) KC Masterpiece Sweet & Tangy
• 2 (3/4-lb. each) pork tenderloins, trimmed
• 1/2 cup red onion, cut into 1/4-inch dice
• 2 teaspoons butter
• 6 Kaiser rolls (or 12-16 mini-rolls), toasted
1. Preheat oven to 400o F. Season pork tenderloins with salt and pepper.
2. Place pork in roasting pan and cook until 160o F, or about 35 minutes.
3. Remove pork from oven and allow to cool slightly.
4. Using a fork, shred meat into long, thin strands.
5. In a saucepan, sauté onions in butter until translucent.
6. Reduce heat; add one bottle KC Masterpiece Sweet & Tangy Barbecue Sauce. Cook until heated through, about 2 minutes.
7. Pour sauce mixture over shredded pork and toss until meat is well coated; if necessary, add more barbecue sauce to achieve desired consistency.
8. Serve shredded pork “Sloppy Joe” style on toasted Kaiser rolls.
TIP: Serve Mini-Joes on smaller rolls instead of full-sized buns. Serve with coleslaw or potato salad on the side.
Yield: 4-6 servings
Got a great recipe? Email email@example.com.
Subscribe Today and Save!!!
St. Charles Herald-Guide is an award-winning newspaper that covers all aspects of St. Charles Parish - from schools and parish government news to social events, features on our local residents and sports.
Order your subscription today!
Under the great oaks of Destrehan Plantation, Mary Alice Smith and her husband,...
For the first time since 2012, Destrehan lost a game on its home field — and with...
Destrehan coach Stephen Robicheaux said his Wildcats’ performance against Barbe...
St. Charles Parish’s heroin overdoses could reach four with confirmation of the...
After a second round game filled with heroic plays and a furious comeback,...
While many of the teams remaining in the prep football postseason will be adjusting...
Over 25 Years of Quality Sales, Service and Repairs on YAMAHA, MERCURY, EVINRUDE and JOHNSON Motors.
Parkway, turnovers deny Destrehan - 1496 views
For the first time since 2012, Destrehan lost a game on its home field — and with it, a chance to return to the Superdome.