The Cook’s Corner
Pork-pulled Sloppy Joes
|Photo provided by Family Features|
• 1-2 bottles (16 oz. each) KC Masterpiece Sweet & Tangy
• 2 (3/4-lb. each) pork tenderloins, trimmed
• 1/2 cup red onion, cut into 1/4-inch dice
• 2 teaspoons butter
• 6 Kaiser rolls (or 12-16 mini-rolls), toasted
1. Preheat oven to 400o F. Season pork tenderloins with salt and pepper.
2. Place pork in roasting pan and cook until 160o F, or about 35 minutes.
3. Remove pork from oven and allow to cool slightly.
4. Using a fork, shred meat into long, thin strands.
5. In a saucepan, sauté onions in butter until translucent.
6. Reduce heat; add one bottle KC Masterpiece Sweet & Tangy Barbecue Sauce. Cook until heated through, about 2 minutes.
7. Pour sauce mixture over shredded pork and toss until meat is well coated; if necessary, add more barbecue sauce to achieve desired consistency.
8. Serve shredded pork “Sloppy Joe” style on toasted Kaiser rolls.
TIP: Serve Mini-Joes on smaller rolls instead of full-sized buns. Serve with coleslaw or potato salad on the side.
Yield: 4-6 servings
Got a great recipe? Email email@example.com.
St. Charles Parish volunteers and organization quickly started mobilizing efforts...
When the evolution curriculum pilot study begins in January, Hahnville High School...
When Ron Dufrene began experiencing shortness of breath and other forms of...
Saying the people of St. Charles Parish have been heard “loud and clear” about not...
Destrehan attempts to avenge its 2015 jamboree loss to Lutcher Friday night as the...
Operating on little sleep and a great desire to help, a large group of St. Charles...
Bent's RV is a Full Service RV Dealership in Louisiana.
St. Charles Parish mobilizes help for flood victims - 1550 views
St. Charles Parish volunteers and organization quickly started mobilizing efforts to assist victims Monday when word spread of Louisiana’s record flood waters leaving thousands of people and their pets without a home, food and even water.