The Cook’s Corner
Pork-pulled Sloppy Joes
|Photo provided by Family Features|
• 1-2 bottles (16 oz. each) KC Masterpiece Sweet & Tangy
• 2 (3/4-lb. each) pork tenderloins, trimmed
• 1/2 cup red onion, cut into 1/4-inch dice
• 2 teaspoons butter
• 6 Kaiser rolls (or 12-16 mini-rolls), toasted
1. Preheat oven to 400o F. Season pork tenderloins with salt and pepper.
2. Place pork in roasting pan and cook until 160o F, or about 35 minutes.
3. Remove pork from oven and allow to cool slightly.
4. Using a fork, shred meat into long, thin strands.
5. In a saucepan, sauté onions in butter until translucent.
6. Reduce heat; add one bottle KC Masterpiece Sweet & Tangy Barbecue Sauce. Cook until heated through, about 2 minutes.
7. Pour sauce mixture over shredded pork and toss until meat is well coated; if necessary, add more barbecue sauce to achieve desired consistency.
8. Serve shredded pork “Sloppy Joe” style on toasted Kaiser rolls.
TIP: Serve Mini-Joes on smaller rolls instead of full-sized buns. Serve with coleslaw or potato salad on the side.
Yield: 4-6 servings
Got a great recipe? Email email@example.com.
A Luling man was sentenced to 30 years in jail for the oral sexual battery of a...
An estimated 300 children are expected to attend the St. Charles Parish Library’s...
Hidden in a Des Allemands backyard is a towering cypress tree that’s been described...
As the crisp, alluring pen and ink drawings touched by soft watercolors pour onto...
Hahnville rolled to its fourth straight win Friday night as it rolled past Central...
Destrehan netted head coach Stephen Robicheaux his 150th career victory — and did...
Bent's RV is a Full Service RV Dealership in Louisiana.
R.K. Smith principal earns high honor - 1115 views
When it comes to the term “student-athlete,” those who fit that description at R.K. Smith Middle School have quite the role model walking the halls on a daily basis.