The Cook’s Corner
Pork-pulled Sloppy Joes
|Photo provided by Family Features|
• 1-2 bottles (16 oz. each) KC Masterpiece Sweet & Tangy
• 2 (3/4-lb. each) pork tenderloins, trimmed
• 1/2 cup red onion, cut into 1/4-inch dice
• 2 teaspoons butter
• 6 Kaiser rolls (or 12-16 mini-rolls), toasted
1. Preheat oven to 400o F. Season pork tenderloins with salt and pepper.
2. Place pork in roasting pan and cook until 160o F, or about 35 minutes.
3. Remove pork from oven and allow to cool slightly.
4. Using a fork, shred meat into long, thin strands.
5. In a saucepan, sauté onions in butter until translucent.
6. Reduce heat; add one bottle KC Masterpiece Sweet & Tangy Barbecue Sauce. Cook until heated through, about 2 minutes.
7. Pour sauce mixture over shredded pork and toss until meat is well coated; if necessary, add more barbecue sauce to achieve desired consistency.
8. Serve shredded pork “Sloppy Joe” style on toasted Kaiser rolls.
TIP: Serve Mini-Joes on smaller rolls instead of full-sized buns. Serve with coleslaw or potato salad on the side.
Yield: 4-6 servings
Got a great recipe? Email email@example.com.
The St. Charles Parish School Board has stepped up its next move on a federal...
Destrehan coach Stephen Robicheaux calls spring an evaluation period, and given the...
Dawn Ortego isn’t willing to become a statistic....
The annual Hurricane Preparedness Sales Tax Holiday typically held the last weekend...
In more ways than one, Jared Vial’s story was quite unlikely, one made a reality...
A St. John the Baptist Parish deputy was arrested in St. Charles Parish Wednesday...
Over 25 Years of Quality Sales, Service and Repairs on YAMAHA, MERCURY, EVINRUDE and JOHNSON Motors.
St. Charles hospital, CFO parting ways - 1160 views
A second top executive with St. Charles Parish Hospital has announced he will move on to another job.