The Cook’s Corner
Pork-pulled Sloppy Joes
|Photo provided by Family Features|
• 1-2 bottles (16 oz. each) KC Masterpiece Sweet & Tangy
• 2 (3/4-lb. each) pork tenderloins, trimmed
• 1/2 cup red onion, cut into 1/4-inch dice
• 2 teaspoons butter
• 6 Kaiser rolls (or 12-16 mini-rolls), toasted
1. Preheat oven to 400o F. Season pork tenderloins with salt and pepper.
2. Place pork in roasting pan and cook until 160o F, or about 35 minutes.
3. Remove pork from oven and allow to cool slightly.
4. Using a fork, shred meat into long, thin strands.
5. In a saucepan, sauté onions in butter until translucent.
6. Reduce heat; add one bottle KC Masterpiece Sweet & Tangy Barbecue Sauce. Cook until heated through, about 2 minutes.
7. Pour sauce mixture over shredded pork and toss until meat is well coated; if necessary, add more barbecue sauce to achieve desired consistency.
8. Serve shredded pork “Sloppy Joe” style on toasted Kaiser rolls.
TIP: Serve Mini-Joes on smaller rolls instead of full-sized buns. Serve with coleslaw or potato salad on the side.
Yield: 4-6 servings
Got a great recipe? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Subscribe Today and Save!!!
St. Charles Herald-Guide is an award-winning newspaper that covers all aspects of St. Charles Parish - from schools and parish government news to social events, features on our local residents and sports.
Order your subscription today!
After finishing last season 14-1 and losing a host of key players to graduation,...
HBO is back in St. Charles Parish filming an eight-part series called “Quarry” that...
A St. Rose man has received a mandatory sentence of life in prison for the 2012...
Ashlyn Frahm is this year’s salutatorian for Destrehan High School (DHS)....
Although Randall “Randy” Harvey had an idea he might be named Destrehan High School...
United Way of St.Charles has been working to improve lives in St.Charles Parish since 1955. We are committed to bringing the community together to deliver lasting changes throughout the parish in the ares of education, income & health.
HHS golf tournament offers chance at free SUV - 1099 views
Hahnville High School is sponsoring a golf tournament on Friday, May 22 at the Ormond Country Club, located at 10 Villere Drive in Destrehan.