The Cook’s Corner
Pork-pulled Sloppy Joes
|Photo provided by Family Features|
• 1-2 bottles (16 oz. each) KC Masterpiece Sweet & Tangy
• 2 (3/4-lb. each) pork tenderloins, trimmed
• 1/2 cup red onion, cut into 1/4-inch dice
• 2 teaspoons butter
• 6 Kaiser rolls (or 12-16 mini-rolls), toasted
1. Preheat oven to 400o F. Season pork tenderloins with salt and pepper.
2. Place pork in roasting pan and cook until 160o F, or about 35 minutes.
3. Remove pork from oven and allow to cool slightly.
4. Using a fork, shred meat into long, thin strands.
5. In a saucepan, sauté onions in butter until translucent.
6. Reduce heat; add one bottle KC Masterpiece Sweet & Tangy Barbecue Sauce. Cook until heated through, about 2 minutes.
7. Pour sauce mixture over shredded pork and toss until meat is well coated; if necessary, add more barbecue sauce to achieve desired consistency.
8. Serve shredded pork “Sloppy Joe” style on toasted Kaiser rolls.
TIP: Serve Mini-Joes on smaller rolls instead of full-sized buns. Serve with coleslaw or potato salad on the side.
Yield: 4-6 servings
Got a great recipe? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
While Hahnville has spent much of its season playing on the road, the Tigers’...
The Destrehan-Hahnville rivalry always seems to bring the best out of the players...
For many students of St. Charles Parish Public Schools, learning now includes using...
Sam Steib is on a mission, and to hear him speak is to believe he will not be...
Today’s big story for the Grand Ridge Golf Club is buying back the swimming pool...
When Frank Bosco started a new business in Luling, he had no inkling it would last...
Bent's RV is a Full Service RV Dealership in Louisiana.
Edible Enterprises incubator cooking good growth - 1059 views
Since Edible Enterprises opened in 2009, the Norco-based farm-to-market organization and commercial kitchen space has continued to grow, and over the last few years, its impact has become larger than ever.