The Cook’s Corner
Pork-pulled Sloppy Joes
|Photo provided by Family Features|
• 1-2 bottles (16 oz. each) KC Masterpiece Sweet & Tangy
• 2 (3/4-lb. each) pork tenderloins, trimmed
• 1/2 cup red onion, cut into 1/4-inch dice
• 2 teaspoons butter
• 6 Kaiser rolls (or 12-16 mini-rolls), toasted
1. Preheat oven to 400o F. Season pork tenderloins with salt and pepper.
2. Place pork in roasting pan and cook until 160o F, or about 35 minutes.
3. Remove pork from oven and allow to cool slightly.
4. Using a fork, shred meat into long, thin strands.
5. In a saucepan, sauté onions in butter until translucent.
6. Reduce heat; add one bottle KC Masterpiece Sweet & Tangy Barbecue Sauce. Cook until heated through, about 2 minutes.
7. Pour sauce mixture over shredded pork and toss until meat is well coated; if necessary, add more barbecue sauce to achieve desired consistency.
8. Serve shredded pork “Sloppy Joe” style on toasted Kaiser rolls.
TIP: Serve Mini-Joes on smaller rolls instead of full-sized buns. Serve with coleslaw or potato salad on the side.
Yield: 4-6 servings
Got a great recipe? Email email@example.com.
With four residential development projects in the works, the housing market is...
Anthony “Pooka” Williams followed up on his breakout sophomore campaign with an...
Renaming Preston Hollow Road after gospel singer Rowena Smith isn’t only a...
When Loialty Adonis Grover arrived on Dec. 6, his mother was stunned to learn he...
Bent's RV is a Full Service RV Dealership in Louisiana.
Levees, inventory tax top parish funding concerns - 1203 views
As President-elect Donald Trump closes in on his official inauguration, former U.S. Rep. Billy Tauzin believes Trump’s ascension to the Oval Office has the potential to be beneficial for both St. Charles Parish and the state, noting there should be plenty of opportunity to get things done in the coming years.