The Cook’s Corner
Southwestern Pork & Fresh Chilean Fruit
|Photo provided by Family Features|
1/2 cup canola oil
2 tablespoons chili powder
2 teaspoons chipotle chili pepper
1/4 cup lime juice
2 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
1-1/2 pounds pork tenderloin
2 pounds fresh Chilean fruit including peaches,
nectarines and plums, peeled if desired.
1. To prepare Spicy Sauce: In small skillet, combine canola oil, chili powder and chipotle chili pepper.
2. Heat over high heat, just until hot, about 30 seconds; transfer to small bowl.
With wire whisk, stir in lime juice, sugar and mustard; cool.
3. In plastic bag, coat tenderloin with 1/4 cup Spicy Sauce; close bag and set aside 30 minutes. Pit and quarter fruit; place in bowl.
4. Brush fruit on all sides with about 3 tablespoons Spicy Sauce; reserve remaining sauce for later use.
5. To cook: Preheat broiler to high.Place tenderloin on rack in broiler pan; broil 8 minutes.
6. Turn and broil until still slightly pink in center (160oF), 8 to 10 minutes longer.
7. Remove to cutting board; cover loosely with aluminum foil. Place fruit on broiler rack; broil 4 minutes; turn and broil until barely tender, 2 to 4 minutes longer.
8. Cut tenderloin into 1/2-inch-thick slices; serve with fruit and remaining Spicy Sauce. Garnish with greens, if desired
Sam Steib is on a mission, and to hear him speak is to believe he will not be...
A Hahnville man accused of attempting to burn down the apartment duplex he was...
The Destrehan-Hahnville rivalry always seems to bring the best out of the players...
When Hahnville High School gets to taste Satellite Center student Tyler Becnel's...
Weeping aloud and clutching a framed photograph of her grandson, Martha Keller...
Over 25 Years of Quality Sales, Service and Repairs on YAMAHA, MERCURY, EVINRUDE and JOHNSON Motors.
United Way of St. Charles hits record $3.34 million campaign - 1079 views
Marking 12 percent growth over last year’s already impressive fundraising, the United Way of St. Charles’ Victory Celebration unveiled its historic $3.34 million record campaign total.