The Cook’s Corner
Southwestern Pork & Fresh Chilean Fruit
|Photo provided by Family Features|
1/2 cup canola oil
2 tablespoons chili powder
2 teaspoons chipotle chili pepper
1/4 cup lime juice
2 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
1-1/2 pounds pork tenderloin
2 pounds fresh Chilean fruit including peaches,
nectarines and plums, peeled if desired.
1. To prepare Spicy Sauce: In small skillet, combine canola oil, chili powder and chipotle chili pepper.
2. Heat over high heat, just until hot, about 30 seconds; transfer to small bowl.
With wire whisk, stir in lime juice, sugar and mustard; cool.
3. In plastic bag, coat tenderloin with 1/4 cup Spicy Sauce; close bag and set aside 30 minutes. Pit and quarter fruit; place in bowl.
4. Brush fruit on all sides with about 3 tablespoons Spicy Sauce; reserve remaining sauce for later use.
5. To cook: Preheat broiler to high.Place tenderloin on rack in broiler pan; broil 8 minutes.
6. Turn and broil until still slightly pink in center (160oF), 8 to 10 minutes longer.
7. Remove to cutting board; cover loosely with aluminum foil. Place fruit on broiler rack; broil 4 minutes; turn and broil until barely tender, 2 to 4 minutes longer.
8. Cut tenderloin into 1/2-inch-thick slices; serve with fruit and remaining Spicy Sauce. Garnish with greens, if desired
Ready for work in his camouflage pants and a "Louisiana Yard Dog" T-shirt, St....
All-District 7-5A Baseball 2016...
Two people involved in the March 2 death of Richard Keller Jr. in Destrehan have...
Craig Blackburn and Heather Hancock have had myriad obstacles and a lot of distance...
John J. Landry III's future as chairman of the St. Charles Parish Hospital Board is...
Calling it a "unique opportunity" for Monsanto Co., engineering work for the...
Today's Car Care is the name people trust when it comes to outstanding tires and automotive service in the River Region and beyond.
‘Scream’ very loud - again: Filming returns to area for the TV series - 1353 views
A “Scream: The TV Series” film crew re-appeared in Luling last week to continue filming the MTV slasher series.