The Cook’s Corner
Southwestern Pork & Fresh Chilean Fruit
|Photo provided by Family Features|
1/2 cup canola oil
2 tablespoons chili powder
2 teaspoons chipotle chili pepper
1/4 cup lime juice
2 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
1-1/2 pounds pork tenderloin
2 pounds fresh Chilean fruit including peaches,
nectarines and plums, peeled if desired.
1. To prepare Spicy Sauce: In small skillet, combine canola oil, chili powder and chipotle chili pepper.
2. Heat over high heat, just until hot, about 30 seconds; transfer to small bowl.
With wire whisk, stir in lime juice, sugar and mustard; cool.
3. In plastic bag, coat tenderloin with 1/4 cup Spicy Sauce; close bag and set aside 30 minutes. Pit and quarter fruit; place in bowl.
4. Brush fruit on all sides with about 3 tablespoons Spicy Sauce; reserve remaining sauce for later use.
5. To cook: Preheat broiler to high.Place tenderloin on rack in broiler pan; broil 8 minutes.
6. Turn and broil until still slightly pink in center (160oF), 8 to 10 minutes longer.
7. Remove to cutting board; cover loosely with aluminum foil. Place fruit on broiler rack; broil 4 minutes; turn and broil until barely tender, 2 to 4 minutes longer.
8. Cut tenderloin into 1/2-inch-thick slices; serve with fruit and remaining Spicy Sauce. Garnish with greens, if desired
Subscribe Today and Save!!!
St. Charles Herald-Guide is an award-winning newspaper that covers all aspects of St. Charles Parish - from schools and parish government news to social events, features on our local residents and sports.
Order your subscription today!
By Kristen Higdon
“It’s not fair. She was 24 and her husband was 22. I wish it was me first,” said...
Not that long ago a teacher could retire not knowing if he or she had made a...
A multi-million-dollar expansion planned at Quixote Studios in St. Rose is on hold...
A $100,000 grant from Shell-Motiva’s Norco Economic Development Foundation (NEDF)...
If the Monsanto board approves the move in January, the company’s Luling site will...
New York Life gives you the path to financial security of life time protection and value of life insurance, annuities, retirement plans and other financial planning. Let us help you achieve the financial goal of lifetime income!
Murder victim found in burned car identified as Des Allemands native - 25609 views
Des Allemands native Lindsay Nichols has been identified as the woman found in a burning car at the intersection of Michoud and Lake Forest boulevards in New Orleans East on Sunday.