The Cook’s Corner
Southwestern Pork & Fresh Chilean Fruit
|Photo provided by Family Features|
1/2 cup canola oil
2 tablespoons chili powder
2 teaspoons chipotle chili pepper
1/4 cup lime juice
2 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
1-1/2 pounds pork tenderloin
2 pounds fresh Chilean fruit including peaches,
nectarines and plums, peeled if desired.
1. To prepare Spicy Sauce: In small skillet, combine canola oil, chili powder and chipotle chili pepper.
2. Heat over high heat, just until hot, about 30 seconds; transfer to small bowl.
With wire whisk, stir in lime juice, sugar and mustard; cool.
3. In plastic bag, coat tenderloin with 1/4 cup Spicy Sauce; close bag and set aside 30 minutes. Pit and quarter fruit; place in bowl.
4. Brush fruit on all sides with about 3 tablespoons Spicy Sauce; reserve remaining sauce for later use.
5. To cook: Preheat broiler to high.Place tenderloin on rack in broiler pan; broil 8 minutes.
6. Turn and broil until still slightly pink in center (160oF), 8 to 10 minutes longer.
7. Remove to cutting board; cover loosely with aluminum foil. Place fruit on broiler rack; broil 4 minutes; turn and broil until barely tender, 2 to 4 minutes longer.
8. Cut tenderloin into 1/2-inch-thick slices; serve with fruit and remaining Spicy Sauce. Garnish with greens, if desired
Subscribe Today and Save!!!
St. Charles Herald-Guide is an award-winning newspaper that covers all aspects of St. Charles Parish - from schools and parish government news to social events, features on our local residents and sports.
Order your subscription today!
Surrounded by his “brothers in blue,” Cpl. Burt Hazeltine reflected on surviving...
Sidney K. Smith, wanted in connection with Saturday's murder of Warren Sanders of...
New Sarpy resident Sidney K. Smith, 22, was arrested and charged with second-degree...
Cpl. Burt Hazeltine of the St. Charles Sheriff's Office returned home from...
An anonymous tip led the St. Charles Parish Sheriff’s Office to the arrest of a...
After serving 12 years on the St. Charles Parish Council, Terry Authement has...
Your One Stop Home Improvement Shop...
Fugitive in New Sarpy murder in custody - 2913 views
Sidney K. Smith, wanted in connection with Saturday's murder of Warren Sanders of LaPlace, turned himself in to the Nelson Coleman Correctional Center this evening.