The Cook’s Corner
Southwestern Pork & Fresh Chilean Fruit
|Photo provided by Family Features|
1/2 cup canola oil
2 tablespoons chili powder
2 teaspoons chipotle chili pepper
1/4 cup lime juice
2 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
1-1/2 pounds pork tenderloin
2 pounds fresh Chilean fruit including peaches,
nectarines and plums, peeled if desired.
1. To prepare Spicy Sauce: In small skillet, combine canola oil, chili powder and chipotle chili pepper.
2. Heat over high heat, just until hot, about 30 seconds; transfer to small bowl.
With wire whisk, stir in lime juice, sugar and mustard; cool.
3. In plastic bag, coat tenderloin with 1/4 cup Spicy Sauce; close bag and set aside 30 minutes. Pit and quarter fruit; place in bowl.
4. Brush fruit on all sides with about 3 tablespoons Spicy Sauce; reserve remaining sauce for later use.
5. To cook: Preheat broiler to high.Place tenderloin on rack in broiler pan; broil 8 minutes.
6. Turn and broil until still slightly pink in center (160oF), 8 to 10 minutes longer.
7. Remove to cutting board; cover loosely with aluminum foil. Place fruit on broiler rack; broil 4 minutes; turn and broil until barely tender, 2 to 4 minutes longer.
8. Cut tenderloin into 1/2-inch-thick slices; serve with fruit and remaining Spicy Sauce. Garnish with greens, if desired
Subscribe Today and Save!!!
St. Charles Herald-Guide is an award-winning newspaper that covers all aspects of St. Charles Parish - from schools and parish government news to social events, features on our local residents and sports.
Order your subscription today!
A St. Rose woman accused of poisoning her husband’s drink will avoid jail after the...
A $5 million renovation of St. Charles Catholic High School will feature a memorial...
Surveillance footage has been released of a vehicle suspected of running over a St....
Residents looking to spend some time in the crisp winter air should don their...
New fitness stations that will include bench presses, leg presses, elliptical...
Officials in St. Charles Parish defend their own restrictions on pit bulls after...
United Way of St.Charles has been working to improve lives in St.Charles Parish since 1955. We are committed to bringing the community together to deliver lasting changes throughout the parish in the ares of education, income & health.
Montz family loses everything in fire - 3659 views
Donated toys and clothes are pouring in for a Montz family whose home was destroyed in a fire on Saturday.