The Cook’s Corner
Southwestern Pork & Fresh Chilean Fruit
|Photo provided by Family Features|
1/2 cup canola oil
2 tablespoons chili powder
2 teaspoons chipotle chili pepper
1/4 cup lime juice
2 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
1-1/2 pounds pork tenderloin
2 pounds fresh Chilean fruit including peaches,
nectarines and plums, peeled if desired.
1. To prepare Spicy Sauce: In small skillet, combine canola oil, chili powder and chipotle chili pepper.
2. Heat over high heat, just until hot, about 30 seconds; transfer to small bowl.
With wire whisk, stir in lime juice, sugar and mustard; cool.
3. In plastic bag, coat tenderloin with 1/4 cup Spicy Sauce; close bag and set aside 30 minutes. Pit and quarter fruit; place in bowl.
4. Brush fruit on all sides with about 3 tablespoons Spicy Sauce; reserve remaining sauce for later use.
5. To cook: Preheat broiler to high.Place tenderloin on rack in broiler pan; broil 8 minutes.
6. Turn and broil until still slightly pink in center (160oF), 8 to 10 minutes longer.
7. Remove to cutting board; cover loosely with aluminum foil. Place fruit on broiler rack; broil 4 minutes; turn and broil until barely tender, 2 to 4 minutes longer.
8. Cut tenderloin into 1/2-inch-thick slices; serve with fruit and remaining Spicy Sauce. Garnish with greens, if desired
Subscribe Today and Save!!!
St. Charles Herald-Guide is an award-winning newspaper that covers all aspects of St. Charles Parish - from schools and parish government news to social events, features on our local residents and sports.
Order your subscription today!
A blaze last Thursday on River Oaks Drive in Destrehan has displaced a mother and...
After winning their first three district games of the season, the Hahnville Tigers...
The case against a 21-year-old Reserve man accused of trying to kidnap a Hahnville...
Three people have been arrested in connection with the theft of thousands of...
The Destrehan Wildcats are on a roll after beating South Lafourche, H.L. Bourgeois...
A New Sarpy man was sentenced in federal court to two years in prison and three...
Says Dr. Thorson, “We recommend that a child’s first visit be when the first tooth comes in, so we can set the stage for oral health through proper nutrition and hygiene.” Dr. Thorson is on call 24 hours a day. Her office is now open and taking appoint
MLK’s legacy in St. Charles - 677 views
Lifelong St. Charles Parish resident Edward Murray was only 11 years old when Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. was shot.