Thrift Shop TREASURES
There’s a lot more than just old clothes at the St. Charles Parish Social Concerns
|Photo by Heather R. Breaux|
OH, LA, LA. My most interesting find was this pair of imitation leather boots.
When there’s shopping to be done, a shopping center or a city mall usually gets the job done, but you’ll be surprised at the unique and timeless treasures that can be found at the St. Charles Social Concerns Thrift Shop - I was!
On a recent trip to the store, my sister and I filled our shopping cart with mostly Christmas decorations, but we did spot a lot of eye-catching items like automobile accessories and retro fashions.
Here’s my top ten list of the most interesting thrift shop finds:
10. Magazines. As a teenager, making poster-size collages with magazine clippings to hang on my bedroom wall was a hobby. Who knows what you can make!
9. Playing card shuffler. I don’t know about you, but I hate shuffling a deck of cards.
8. Wreaths. The holiday season is upon us and a decorative wreath can spruce up your front door.
7. Wigs. Want a new look? With a wide assortment of hair pieces, you can have it!
6. Golf clubs. Spending the day on the “green” is better with the perfect club.
5. Dolls. I’ve never been a big collector of dolls, but if I was I’d hit the jackpot!
4. Hubcaps. Been in a fender bender lately? There’s a complete set of matching hubcaps waiting for you.
3. Bamboo vegetable steamer. Nutiritionists claim that steaming your veggies is the healthiest way to eat them.
2. Wedding dresses. Tuxedos, bridal party dresses and dress shoes all can be found here.
1. Thigh-high boots. I’m sure someone could use a pair of these imitation leather babies.
Subscribe Today and Save!!!
St. Charles Herald-Guide is an award-winning newspaper that covers all aspects of St. Charles Parish - from schools and parish government news to social events, features on our local residents and sports.
Order your subscription today!
With people pouring into United Way of St. Charles’ 14th annual Battle for the...
When the Winn-Dixie shopping spree that Paul Triche of Hahnville had won was over,...
For the second straight meeting between the two teams, Destrehan scored over 60...
Hahnville needed a victory in the worst way coming into its Friday night district...
On Feb. 6, John Fowler’s life changed drastically.
Since being rescued from the swamp where she was thrown from Interstate 310 last...
Today's Car Care is the name people trust when it comes to outstanding tires and automotive service in the River Region and beyond.
Brother turned in Norco fugitives - 2364 views
Kaleb Perilloux was en route to pick up his brother and a friend in Prairieville last Thursday when he learned the two were fugitives wanted by the St. Charles Parish Sheriff’s Office.