Thrift Shop TREASURES
Thereís a lot more than just old clothes at the St. Charles Parish Social Concerns
|Photo by Heather R. Breaux|
OH, LA, LA. My most interesting find was this pair of imitation leather boots.
When thereís shopping to be done, a shopping center or a city mall usually gets the job done, but youíll be surprised at the unique and timeless treasures that can be found at the St. Charles Social Concerns Thrift Shop - I was!
On a recent trip to the store, my sister and I filled our shopping cart with mostly Christmas decorations, but we did spot a lot of eye-catching items like automobile accessories and retro fashions.
Hereís my top ten list of the most interesting thrift shop finds:
10. Magazines. As a teenager, making poster-size collages with magazine clippings to hang on my bedroom wall was a hobby. Who knows what you can make!
9. Playing card shuffler. I donít know about you, but I hate shuffling a deck of cards.
8. Wreaths. The holiday season is upon us and a decorative wreath can spruce up your front door.
7. Wigs. Want a new look? With a wide assortment of hair pieces, you can have it!
6. Golf clubs. Spending the day on the ďgreenĒ is better with the perfect club.
5. Dolls. Iíve never been a big collector of dolls, but if I was Iíd hit the jackpot!
4. Hubcaps. Been in a fender bender lately? Thereís a complete set of matching hubcaps waiting for you.
3. Bamboo vegetable steamer. Nutiritionists claim that steaming your veggies is the healthiest way to eat them.
2. Wedding dresses. Tuxedos, bridal party dresses and dress shoes all can be found here.
1. Thigh-high boots. Iím sure someone could use a pair of these imitation leather babies.
Subscribe Today and Save!!!
St. Charles Herald-Guide is an award-winning newspaper that covers all aspects of St. Charles Parish - from schools and parish government news to social events, features on our local residents and sports.
Order your subscription today!
Targeting events with the most crowds, St. Charles Parish Public Schools has...
Lutcher coach Tim Detillier is fond of saying ďthey should collect the money on the...
A $1.4 million bid has been awarded to Barriere Construction Co. in Boutte to...
Festival of Charities crowned new royalty on Aug. 9 in Destrehan at the American...
Darrington Sentimore once spent his time taking down quarterbacks and running backs...
When Cameronís mother put a stethoscope to Jamie Napolitanoís chest and heard her...
At Saia Auto Consultants, our ultimate goal is to get you the highest quality vehicle for your money.
Landowner cancels plans for controversial lake in Bayou Gauche - 1634 views
Bayou Gauche community residents had barraged the St. Charles Parish Planning Commission with questions, a town meeting was scheduled to address them and then landowner Cecil Sumners withdrew his permit application Tuesday for the lake that drew all this attention.