Thrift Shop TREASURES
There’s a lot more than just old clothes at the St. Charles Parish Social Concerns
|Photo by Heather R. Breaux|
OH, LA, LA. My most interesting find was this pair of imitation leather boots.
When there’s shopping to be done, a shopping center or a city mall usually gets the job done, but you’ll be surprised at the unique and timeless treasures that can be found at the St. Charles Social Concerns Thrift Shop - I was!
On a recent trip to the store, my sister and I filled our shopping cart with mostly Christmas decorations, but we did spot a lot of eye-catching items like automobile accessories and retro fashions.
Here’s my top ten list of the most interesting thrift shop finds:
10. Magazines. As a teenager, making poster-size collages with magazine clippings to hang on my bedroom wall was a hobby. Who knows what you can make!
9. Playing card shuffler. I don’t know about you, but I hate shuffling a deck of cards.
8. Wreaths. The holiday season is upon us and a decorative wreath can spruce up your front door.
7. Wigs. Want a new look? With a wide assortment of hair pieces, you can have it!
6. Golf clubs. Spending the day on the “green” is better with the perfect club.
5. Dolls. I’ve never been a big collector of dolls, but if I was I’d hit the jackpot!
4. Hubcaps. Been in a fender bender lately? There’s a complete set of matching hubcaps waiting for you.
3. Bamboo vegetable steamer. Nutiritionists claim that steaming your veggies is the healthiest way to eat them.
2. Wedding dresses. Tuxedos, bridal party dresses and dress shoes all can be found here.
1. Thigh-high boots. I’m sure someone could use a pair of these imitation leather babies.
When Ricky Oubre retired from his 30 year career with the St. Charles Parish...
Gear up the taste buds and put on those dancing shoes, the 37th annual Alligator...
Although Karen Perry is reorganizing her rose garden, it will never lose its bloom...
Considering the kind of year 2016 has been for St. Charles Parish Sheriff’s...
Destrehan streets filled with water again this month just a few weeks after the...
More than 200 people representing 20 teams have signed up to walk around the clock...
Today's Car Care is the name people trust when it comes to outstanding tires and automotive service in the River Region and beyond.
2016 Deputy of the Year - 2686 views
Considering the kind of year 2016 has been for St. Charles Parish Sheriff’s deputies with them assisting Baton Rouge with officer shootings and Louisiana’s historic flood, Sheriff Greg Champagne recognized all 422 staff members as this year’s “Deputy of the Year.”