Thrift Shop TREASURES
There’s a lot more than just old clothes at the St. Charles Parish Social Concerns
|Photo by Heather R. Breaux|
OH, LA, LA. My most interesting find was this pair of imitation leather boots.
When there’s shopping to be done, a shopping center or a city mall usually gets the job done, but you’ll be surprised at the unique and timeless treasures that can be found at the St. Charles Social Concerns Thrift Shop - I was!
On a recent trip to the store, my sister and I filled our shopping cart with mostly Christmas decorations, but we did spot a lot of eye-catching items like automobile accessories and retro fashions.
Here’s my top ten list of the most interesting thrift shop finds:
10. Magazines. As a teenager, making poster-size collages with magazine clippings to hang on my bedroom wall was a hobby. Who knows what you can make!
9. Playing card shuffler. I don’t know about you, but I hate shuffling a deck of cards.
8. Wreaths. The holiday season is upon us and a decorative wreath can spruce up your front door.
7. Wigs. Want a new look? With a wide assortment of hair pieces, you can have it!
6. Golf clubs. Spending the day on the “green” is better with the perfect club.
5. Dolls. I’ve never been a big collector of dolls, but if I was I’d hit the jackpot!
4. Hubcaps. Been in a fender bender lately? There’s a complete set of matching hubcaps waiting for you.
3. Bamboo vegetable steamer. Nutiritionists claim that steaming your veggies is the healthiest way to eat them.
2. Wedding dresses. Tuxedos, bridal party dresses and dress shoes all can be found here.
1. Thigh-high boots. I’m sure someone could use a pair of these imitation leather babies.
Surreal was the word both Hahnville freshman gymnast Kamryn Ryan and coach Courtney...
Destrehan coach Stephen Robicheaux calls spring an evaluation period, and given the...
The annual Hurricane Preparedness Sales Tax Holiday typically held the last weekend...
The odds said Zachary Hitt would never have the opportunity to attend his high...
Joshua Magee of Hahnville and his new best friend Yellow the dog have both required...
When Blake Schouest was 12 years, his aunt brought him to the lab at MD Anderson...
Over 25 Years of Quality Sales, Service and Repairs on YAMAHA, MERCURY, EVINRUDE and JOHNSON Motors.
Summer reading program is family tradition - 1075 views
Pamela Owens’ mom and dad did it, she did it and now her three-year-old is doing it - participating in the St. Charles Parish Library’s yearly Summer Reading Program.