Avoid 5 boat winterizing mistakes
1. Failure to winterize the engine: Freezing temperatures occur in all 50 states where boaters are most likely to have freeze-related damage to engine blocks.
2. Failure to drain water from sea strainer: The seawater strainer must be winterized or residual water could freeze and rupture the watertight seal.
3. Failure to close seacocks: For boats left in the water, leaving seacocks open over the winter is like going on extended vacation without locking the house.
4. Clogged petcocks: Engine cooling system petcocks clogged by rust or other debris can prevent water from fully draining.
5. Using bimini covers as winter storage covers: A cover that protects the crew from the sun does a lousy job protecting the boat from freezing rain and snow.
Subscribe Today and Save!!!
St. Charles Herald Guide is the complete local news in St. Charles Parish, Louisiana.
Get your local news, sports and information from the Parish's award winning paper.
St. Charles Herald Guide has what you need.
The Hahnville Tigers finished with 12 points at the LHSAA State Track and Field...
Parish President V.J. St. Pierre, along with eight other parish presidents and...
The Pickets are hallowed ground in the Houma trout-fishing world. If you fish out...
Little more than a week after officials from 14 parishes took a trip to Washington,...
Most graduating seniors do not come close to scoring a 27 on the ACT test, but...
The Port of South Louisiana will soon see a change in leadership after Joel T....
Offering commercial and residential flooring to the public at wholesale prices. I also maintain a ceramic art studio where you can create your own personalized keepsake.
Speed patrols return to I-310 after months-long absence - 1785 views
Over the past four months, those who often travel the elevated portions of I-10 and I-310 in St. Charles Parish have noticed a lack of state troopers on the interstate.