• Dorian Thompson, 18, of 835 East Hoover St., New Sarpy, was arrested and charged with molestation of a juvenile at St. Charles Correctional Center on April 4. Sheriff Champagne reports that the above subject was arrested after allegedly inappropriately fondling a juvenile.
• James Dekennon, 22, of 142 Lincoln St., Hahnville, was arrested and charged with aggravated battery, simple battery and criminal damage to property at the above address on April 3. Sheriff Champagne reports that the above subject was arrested following an altercation with his ex-girlfriend. During the altercation the subject allegedly kicked the victim and struck her in the head with a gun.
• Edwin Rios, 33, of 138 Bonura Dr., St. Rose, was arrested and charged with aggravated battery, domestic abuse battery and aggravated assault at the above address on April 4. Sheriff Champagne reports that the above subject was arrested following an altercation with his girlfriend. During the altercation, the subject allegedly threatened the victim with a gun, slapped her in the mouth and hit on the head with a phone.
~Sheriff Greg Champagne reports reports that the following two subjects below were stopped for a traffic violation. Further investigation revealed the subjects to be in poss. of crack cocaine.
• Brett Pelot, 18, of 260 Dianne Dr., St. Rose, was arrested and charged with poss of CDS SCH II (crack cocaine) at Dianne Dr. and LA 48 on April 5.
•Khris Pfister, 19, of 122 Johnson St., St. Rose, was arrested and charged with poss. of CDS SCH II and improper display at Dianne Dr and LA 48 on April 5.
• Rebun Vega, 31, of 100 Cadow Dr., Paradis, was arrested and charged with attempted second degree murder at 15237 US 90, Paradis, on April 9. Sheriff Champagne reports that the subject was involved in an altercation with a victim. While the two subjects were struggling with each other, the subject allegedly stabbed the victim with a pocket knife.
• Tini Tafaopao Sauni, 37, of 10371 US 61, St. Rose, was arrested and charged with poss. of marijuana (3rd offense ) and disturbing the peace by intoxication at 10389 US 61, St. Rose, on April 9. Sheriff Champagne reports that the above subject was arrested after deputies responded to a call where the subject was intoxicated and yelling towards several workers. Subject asked deputies to secure his trailer, at which time they noticed a bag of marijuana in plain view on the kitchen table.
• Robbie Leigh Grandison, 35, of 2139 US 90, Westwego, was arrested and charged with poss. of stolen automobile at 521 Almedia Rd., St. Rose, on April 7. Sheriff Champagne reports that the above subject was found in the poss. of a stolen vehicle. The car had been reported stolen from Jefferson Parish on March 20.
• Jerry Thomas Bordelon, 18, of 4132 East Loyola Dr., Kenner, was arrested and charged with poss. of a Scheduled I CDS (marijuana) 2nd offense and speeding 40 in a 35 zone at US 61 @ I-310, St. Rose, on April 9. Sheriff Champagne reports that the above subject was arrested after a deputy conducted a traffic stop on subject for speeding. Deputies detected a strong odor of burnt marijuana emitting from the vehicle. During a search of the vehicle, deputies found marijuana in the ashtray.
• Two flat screen TV’s, a DVD player and a undetermined amount of U.S. currency, were reported stolen from 1021 Paul Federick St., Luling, on April 6.
• A bebulizer machine, valued at $500, was reported stolen from 12519 US 61, Destrehan, on April 6.
• A digital camera and a purse containing assorted items, an undetermined value, was reported stolen from 210 Arlington St., Luling, on April 6.
• $50.00 was reported stolen from 194 Griffin Ln., Des Allemands, on April 9.
• A Chevy Camaro, valued at $1,000, was reported stolen from LA 3127, Hahnville, on April 8.
• Two laptop computers, valued together at $4,000, was reported stolen from 115 James Dr., St. Rose, on April 8.
• Robert Browning, 20, of 119 Lawrence St., LaPlace, was arrested and charged with DWI at Hollywood Park and River Road on April 6.
• Ricky Strickland, 51, of 3729 Ashton Dr., Destrehan, was arrested and charged with DWI, ROMV, hit and run and poss. of Schedule III CDS.
• Martin P. Rodriguez, 27, of 126 Principle, Tres Valles, Mexico, was arrested and charged with DWI, hit and run, careless operation, open container, no DL and non resident driving at US 61 North Bound @ LA 628 on April 9.
• Courtney Morris, 32, of 4269 San Fransico, St. Louis, Mo., was arrested and charged with DWI and careless operation at LA 18 @ Gassen St., Luling, La, on April 8.
• Joseph Knight, 30, of PO Box 219, Reserve, was arrested and charged with DWI, hit and run, careless operation, no DL and a fugitive out of Kenner at US 61 @ mile post 20 on April 7.
Subscribe Today and Save!!!
St. Charles Herald-Guide is an award-winning newspaper that covers all aspects of St. Charles Parish - from schools and parish government news to social events, features on our local residents and sports.
Order your subscription today!
Luling’s Rathborne Park remains closed until Saturday, Sept. 13 while St. Charles...
It wasn’t always pretty, especially in the first half, but the Destrehan Wildcats...
The Hahnville boys’ swim team cruised to a win in the Saints varsity swim meet,...
Officials with a fertilizer company planning to build a $1.2 billion plant in...
After years of searching for an ideal spot to build a public boat launch, St....
The greenhouse at the ARC of St. Charles is a multifunctional building that...
We are open and eager to serve you the best Mexican dishes in Louisiana. Come experience our delicious food and festive atmosphere. From daily specials to live Mariachi music, it's all here at El Paso Mexican Grill!
Young QB leads Destrehan to blowout win over Helen Cox - 1033 views
In only his second game as a starter, Destrehan sophomore quarterback Marquise Darensbourg threw two touchdowns and ran for another in the first half of the Wildcats’ 48-7 win over Helen Cox on Friday.