Eeek, drink and be merry
Ingredients: 1 (18.25-ounce) box yellow cake mix, 1 cup pumpkin puree, 4 eggs, 1/2 cup oil, 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice, 1 bag Snickers fun size bars, 2 (16-ounce) cans vanilla frosting, green and orange food coloring, 1 bag M&M’S milk chocolate candies. Pumpkin Patch Mix:1 (0.68-ounce) tube black decorating gel, 1 bag Twix fun size bars.
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour 2 mini bundt pans (each with 6 mini Bundt molds); set aside.
2. Combine cake mix, pumpkin puree, eggs, oil and pumpkin pie spice in large bowl. Beat until thick, about 2 minutes; then divide batter evenly between mini Bundt pans.
3. Chop 1 cup Snickers bars and sprinkle on top of batter. Bake 20 to 27 minutes until golden, or toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove from oven, transfer to wire rack and let cool 10 minutes. Invert, let cool completely and then remove from pan.
4. Meanwhile, tint 1/2 cup of frosting green, spoon into resealable plastic bag and set aside. Tint remaining frosting bright orange. Spoon 1/4 cup orange frosting into resealable plastic bag and set aside. Stack
2 cakes together (bottom to bottom) resembling a pumpkin shape. If necessary, trim bottoms so they are flat.
5. Place stacked cakes on wire rack set over sheet pan.
6. Heat orange frosting in microwave until thin enough to pour, about 1 minute, stirring well every 10 seconds.
7. Pour frosting evenly over cakes, covering completely. Use small knife or spatula to help frosting cover sides if necessary. Scrape up excess frosting, reheat and reuse if needed.
8. Refrigerate cakes until frosting sets, about 1 hour.
9. Transfer cakes to serving platter. Snip small corner from plastic bags of tinted frosting. Pipe green frosting vines on top of cakes and orange frosting dots to attach M&M’s. Pipe eyes, nose and mouth with black decorating gel. Trim 6 Twix bars and insert at top of cakes for stems.
Tip: If you don’t have mini bundt cake pans, use jumbo cupcake pans - makes 12 cupcakes.
Without a tax increase, St. Charles Parish Council could be dealing with a...
Cynthia Creecy and Wanda Blue had more in common than most people can ever imagine....
An Edgard man accused of making threatening comments to police officers through...
The Benefit Golf Tournament for Chad Grosch will take place Saturday, Aug. 20 at...
Former Destrehan High School teacher Shelley Dufresne, who pleaded guilty to having...
In light of recent police shootings in Baton Rouge and Dallas, as well as a heated...
Today's Car Care is the name people trust when it comes to outstanding tires and automotive service in the River Region and beyond.
DHS-based ES&H Wildcats show potential in summer play - 1008 views
Under the banner of the ES&H Wildcats, Destrehan's baseball team returned to American Legion play this summer after playing an independent schedule a year ago, wrapping up their season at the Second District tournament earlier this month.