Eeek, drink and be merry
Ingredients: 1 (18.25-ounce) box yellow cake mix, 1 cup pumpkin puree, 4 eggs, 1/2 cup oil, 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice, 1 †bag Snickers fun size bars, 2 (16-ounce) cans vanilla frosting, green and orange food coloring, 1 bag M&MíS milk chocolate candies. Pumpkin Patch Mix:1 (0.68-ounce) tube black decorating† gel, 1 bag Twix fun size bars.
1. Preheat oven to 350įF. Grease and flour 2 mini bundt pans (each with 6 mini Bundt molds); set aside.
2. Combine cake mix, pumpkin puree, eggs, oil and pumpkin pie spice in large bowl. Beat until thick, about 2 minutes; then divide batter evenly between mini Bundt pans.
3. Chop 1 cup Snickers bars and sprinkle on top of batter. Bake 20 to 27 minutes until golden, or toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove from oven, transfer to wire rack and let cool 10 minutes. Invert, let cool completely and then remove from pan.
4. Meanwhile, tint 1/2 cup of frosting green, spoon into resealable plastic bag and set aside. Tint remaining frosting bright orange. Spoon 1/4 cup orange frosting into resealable plastic bag and set aside. Stack
2 cakes together (bottom to bottom) resembling a pumpkin shape. If necessary, trim bottoms so they are flat.
5. Place stacked cakes on wire rack set over sheet pan.
6. Heat orange frosting in microwave until thin enough to pour, about 1 minute, stirring well every 10 seconds.
7. Pour frosting evenly over cakes, covering completely. Use small knife or spatula to help frosting cover sides if necessary. Scrape up excess frosting, reheat and reuse if needed.
8. Refrigerate cakes until frosting sets, about 1 hour.
9. Transfer cakes to serving platter. Snip small corner from plastic bags of tinted frosting. Pipe green frosting vines on top of cakes and orange frosting dots to attach M&Mís. Pipe eyes, nose and mouth with black decorating gel. Trim 6 Twix bars and insert at top of cakes for stems.
Tip: If you donít have mini bundt cake pans, use jumbo cupcake pans - makes 12 cupcakes.
Subscribe Today and Save!!!
St. Charles Herald-Guide is an award-winning newspaper that covers all aspects of St. Charles Parish - from schools and parish government news to social events, features on our local residents and sports.
Order your subscription today!
Over the past six years, a local couple has been transplanting saplings into the...
A pillar of the St. Charles Parish community was recently inducted into the hall of...
The release of toxic, potentially hazardous gases into the atmosphere through local...
Hahnville junior Kendrick Jones became the second wrestler in his schoolís history...
Kurt Dempster is a Mardi Gras enthusiast with 20 years experience riding in...
The Destrehan Lady Wildcats lost only their second game all season when they fell...
Bent's RV is a Full Service RV Dealership in Louisiana.
Tigers must control tempo to knock off Comeaux - 583 views
Hahnville faces a tough task on Friday night when they travel to Lafayette to take on No. 9 Comeaux in the first round of the Class 5A basketball playoffs.