Eeek, drink and be merry
Makes 6 cakes. Prep time: 15 minutes. Baking time: 27 minutes.Refrigerating time: 60 minutes. Decorating time: 30 minutes.
Ingredients: 1 (18.25-ounce) box yellow cake mix, 1 cup pumpkin puree, 4 eggs, 1/2 cup oil, 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice, 1 bag Snickers fun size bars, 2 (16-ounce) cans vanilla frosting, green and orange food coloring, 1 bag M&M’S milk chocolate candies. Pumpkin Patch Mix:1 (0.68-ounce) tube black decorating gel, 1 bag Twix fun size bars.
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour 2 mini bundt pans (each with 6 mini Bundt molds); set aside.
2. Combine cake mix, pumpkin puree, eggs, oil and pumpkin pie spice in large bowl. Beat until thick, about 2 minutes; then divide batter evenly between mini Bundt pans.
3. Chop 1 cup Snickers bars and sprinkle on top of batter. Bake 20 to 27 minutes until golden, or toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove from oven, transfer to wire rack and let cool 10 minutes. Invert, let cool completely and then remove from pan.
4. Meanwhile, tint 1/2 cup of frosting green, spoon into resealable plastic bag and set aside. Tint remaining frosting bright orange. Spoon 1/4 cup orange frosting into resealable plastic bag and set aside. Stack
2 cakes together (bottom to bottom) resembling a pumpkin shape. If necessary, trim bottoms so they are flat.
5. Place stacked cakes on wire rack set over sheet pan.
6. Heat orange frosting in microwave until thin enough to pour, about 1 minute, stirring well every 10 seconds.
7. Pour frosting evenly over cakes, covering completely. Use small knife or spatula to help frosting cover sides if necessary. Scrape up excess frosting, reheat and reuse if needed.
8. Refrigerate cakes until frosting sets, about 1 hour.
9. Transfer cakes to serving platter. Snip small corner from plastic bags of tinted frosting. Pipe green frosting vines on top of cakes and orange frosting dots to attach M&M’s. Pipe eyes, nose and mouth with black decorating gel. Trim 6 Twix bars and insert at top of cakes for stems.
Tip: If you don’t have mini bundt cake pans, use jumbo cupcake pans - makes 12 cupcakes.
Subscribe Today and Save!!!
St. Charles Herald Guide is the complete local news in St. Charles Parish, Louisiana.
Get your local news, sports and information from the Parish's award winning paper.
St. Charles Herald Guide has what you need.
Most graduating seniors do not come close to scoring a 27 on the ACT test, but...
The Port of South Louisiana will soon see a change in leadership after Joel T....
The Pickets are hallowed ground in the Houma trout-fishing world. If you fish out...
The Hahnville Tigers finished with 12 points at the LHSAA State Track and Field...
Little more than a week after officials from 14 parishes took a trip to Washington,...
Brazen burglars have broken into seven Luling homes in less than two weeks, making...
Dealership Service without Dealership Prices. We service all domestic & foreign cars, trucks & SUV's. We are certified by ASE, ICAR and AAA for your peace of mind.
Parish plans to go out for bids next month for Willowridge levee - 695 views
St. Charles Parish plans to go out for construction bids next month on the first phase of the Willowridge levee, assuming a judge rules in the parish’s favor regarding a portion of the land needed for the project.