Eeek, drink and be merry
Ingredients: 1 (18.25-ounce) box yellow cake mix, 1 cup pumpkin puree, 4 eggs, 1/2 cup oil, 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice, 1 bag Snickers fun size bars, 2 (16-ounce) cans vanilla frosting, green and orange food coloring, 1 bag M&M’S milk chocolate candies. Pumpkin Patch Mix:1 (0.68-ounce) tube black decorating gel, 1 bag Twix fun size bars.
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour 2 mini bundt pans (each with 6 mini Bundt molds); set aside.
2. Combine cake mix, pumpkin puree, eggs, oil and pumpkin pie spice in large bowl. Beat until thick, about 2 minutes; then divide batter evenly between mini Bundt pans.
3. Chop 1 cup Snickers bars and sprinkle on top of batter. Bake 20 to 27 minutes until golden, or toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove from oven, transfer to wire rack and let cool 10 minutes. Invert, let cool completely and then remove from pan.
4. Meanwhile, tint 1/2 cup of frosting green, spoon into resealable plastic bag and set aside. Tint remaining frosting bright orange. Spoon 1/4 cup orange frosting into resealable plastic bag and set aside. Stack
2 cakes together (bottom to bottom) resembling a pumpkin shape. If necessary, trim bottoms so they are flat.
5. Place stacked cakes on wire rack set over sheet pan.
6. Heat orange frosting in microwave until thin enough to pour, about 1 minute, stirring well every 10 seconds.
7. Pour frosting evenly over cakes, covering completely. Use small knife or spatula to help frosting cover sides if necessary. Scrape up excess frosting, reheat and reuse if needed.
8. Refrigerate cakes until frosting sets, about 1 hour.
9. Transfer cakes to serving platter. Snip small corner from plastic bags of tinted frosting. Pipe green frosting vines on top of cakes and orange frosting dots to attach M&M’s. Pipe eyes, nose and mouth with black decorating gel. Trim 6 Twix bars and insert at top of cakes for stems.
Tip: If you don’t have mini bundt cake pans, use jumbo cupcake pans - makes 12 cupcakes.
Subscribe Today and Save!!!
St. Charles Herald-Guide is an award-winning newspaper that covers all aspects of St. Charles Parish - from schools and parish government news to social events, features on our local residents and sports.
Order your subscription today!
Austin Perrin, an upcoming sophomore at Hahnville High School, was named to the...
Less than three months after opening a state-of-the-art cardiac catheter lab that...
Despite recently being named Louisiana High School Principal of the Year, Hahnville...
International-Matex Tank Terminals, which operates a terminal in St. Rose, will be...
Allie Stevens was a strange sight to see as he lugged a 400-pound rickshaw along...
The St. Charles Parish Housing Authority has been ordered to repay more than...
Dealership Service without Dealership Prices. We service all domestic & foreign cars, trucks & SUV's. We are certified by ASE, ICAR and AAA for your peace of mind.
Judge sides with spurned Aviation Board nominee - 852 views
The ongoing saga of St. Charles Parish’s Aviation Board seat has taken yet another turn as the St. Charles Parish Council was found in violation of the open meetings law when they nominated Gary Smith Sr. to the board.