Eeek, Drink and be Merry
Haunted House Cake
|Photo provided by Family Features|
Ingredients: 2 (16-ounce) cans vanilla frosting, 2 (16-ounce) frozen pound cakes - thawed, 1 box thin chocolate wafer cookies, 1 (0.68-ounce) tube black decorating gel, 1bag Twix Fun Size Bars, 1 bag M&M’S milk chocolate candies.
1. Tint frosting orange and set aside.
2. Spread 1/2 cup orange frosting on bottom of both pound cakes; then press them together. Stand cakes up so that they are vertical on a serving plate.
3. Create pitch of roof by trimming top of one cake on a slight angle. Trim other cake on a steeper angle to make roof look tipsy.
4. Completely cover cake with remaining orange frosting. For tiles, break chocolate wafers in half.
5. Pipe black decorating gel for windows. Add Twix bars for door and chimney. Use broken wafer cookies for shutters. Use M&M’S to outline top of roof and sides of house.
6. Grind remaining cookies along with a few Twix bars in food processor. Spread this mixture around base of house for “dirt” and scatter M&M’S on top.
Subscribe Today and Save!!!
St. Charles Herald-Guide is an award-winning newspaper that covers all aspects of St. Charles Parish - from schools and parish government news to social events, features on our local residents and sports.
Order your subscription today!
The St. Charles Parish Sheriff’s Office is still looking for the body of a man who...
As qualifying for parish and state elections takes place this week, a few longtime...
At this time last year, toddler Noah Townsend was near death....
Two teens will not spend any additional time in jail after admitting they lured a...
A pipe malfunction is reportedly behind a powerful explosion that was felt...
Opinions vary on whether Parish President V.J. St. Pierre’s administration must...
Open year-round, Banting's Nursery has everything for your landscape and more! We offer outstanding quality at affordable prices. Banting's is the one stop garden center for St. Charles, Jefferson, and Orleans Parishes.
Too old to serve? New law kicks several longtime public officials out of office - 1081 views
As qualifying for parish and state elections takes place this week, a few longtime elected officials are being removed from the ballot for no reason other than their age.