Ama RV park owner forced to close after violating temporary ban
|Photo by Shonna RIggs|
“We met with Mr. Stanley and had temporarily banned him from taking in new residents at his RV park on July 9,” Daniel Domengeaux, code enforcement inspector for St. Charles Parish told the Herald-Guide.
“I was making my rounds in Ama, and I noticed that Mr. Stanley didn’t comply with our orders and had moved 23 additional trailers into the park,” he continued.
“I posted a sign ordering him to cease all business activity from this point forward and remove all trailers from the lots until further notice.”
Reese Kinler, planning and zoning spokesman, said that on July 9 Stanley had been ordered to remove 10 trailers that were on site at the time of the inspection because he had not fulfilled requirements.
“Once parish requirements are complete, Stanley can resume taking in tenants,” Kinler said at the meeting.
Domengeaux said at the meeting with Stanley in July, planning and zoning required him to turn in a site plan with updated corrections.
“Mr. Stanley turned in his site plan within three or four days after we met with him and it appeared that he was trying to meet our requirements,” he said.
“He is making defined parking spaces, and he spent about $30,000 to complete the approved sewage system.”
At a townhall meeting in Ama, June, residents complained that the RV park was opened against planning and zoning recommendations.
In a single pull, Roy Lunk yanked off crumbling paneling in the 93-year-old...
Luling’s William Canada, a U.S. Army veteran charged with attempted murder of his...
Hahnville rolled to its fourth straight win Friday night as it rolled past Central...
The Hahnville area has been quarantined with a highly infectious bacterial disease...
In her ninth year as counselor at St. Rose Elementary School, Denise Peinado knew...
Anyone interested in buying a 229-year-old mansion that predates the Louisiana...
Bent's RV is a Full Service RV Dealership in Louisiana.
State still evaluating bridge work - 760 views
The aim is for the cones and barracades in place narrowing lanes approaching the bridge on Interstate 310 in both directions to be removed by the end of the year, according to the Louisiana Department of Transportation and Development (DOTD).