St. Charles Parish Historical Foundation and River Road Museum merge


June 28, 2007 at 10:06 am  | Mobile Reader | Pring this storyPrint 

The St. Charles Historical Foundation and The River Road Museum Shell Norco have merged.

The two became one entity on June 2.

“We voted to merge several months ago, but we had to go through the legal process,” Marilyn Richoux a spokesman for the historical foundation told the Herald-Guide.

The River Road Museum Shell Norco was dedicated and opened in 1998. It is located at 15536 River Road in Norco on the grounds of Shell and Motiva. The St. Charles Historical Foundation was founded in 1996 as a preservation organization.

The St. Charles Museum and Historical Associations’ mission is to establish a historical museum and collections to enhance the awareness of the people, culture, industry and environment of St. Charles Parish.

The office and museum are open on Mondays and Wednesdays from 1:00 to 5:00 p.m. or by appointment. School groups, clubs and tour groups are welcome. Please call ahead to make arrangements for large groups. To visit the museum call 504-465-6333 or 985-764-7755.




View other articles written Shonna Riggs

featured merchant

Landry's Outboard Motors & Repairs Service
Landry's Outboard Motors & Repairs Service Over 25 Years of Quality Sales, Service and Repairs on YAMAHA, MERCURY, EVINRUDE and JOHNSON Motors.

Keep calm and chive on
Keep calm and chive on
- 1561 views
A $70,000 handicap van and Comfee seat recently donated by Chive Charities came as enormous relief to Carissa Oxford of Luling, who is determined to stay the course on helping her son, Alex, deal with a rare debilitating disease.

Become A Herald-Guide Insider

Get breaking news, sports and lifestyles straight to your inbox