Teacher Appreciation Salad - we’ve got the SECRET RECIPE!
Teacher appreciation salad
Here how’s to make it yourself at home, complete with dressing and garnish of Nasturtium flowers.Salad
- 1 bunch broccoli
- 1 head cauliflower
- 2 tender green onion bunches
- 4 hard boiled eggs, chopped
- 1 1/2 cup olive salad mix
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheeseSauce
1 cup Hellman's Mayonnaise
1/2 cup Wishbone Italian Dressing. Garnish with Nasturtium flowersMethod
1. Chop broccoli and cauliflower in small pieces
2. Dunk pieces into boiling water for about 1/2 minute to gain pretty color
3. Cool quickly with ice water
5. Boil eggs by placing them in a pot of water; bringing water to a boil,
covering, turning off heat and letting sit for 20 minutes.
6. Place olive salad in a food processor and chop more finely.
7. Finely slice green onions
9. Grate Parmesan cheese ( I do mine in a blender)
10. Peel and chop boiled eggs
11. Combine above ingredients in a salad bowl.
12. Combine Mayonnaise and Italian Dressing and toss with salad
13. Refrigerate and let sit about 8 hours.
14. Serve in salad bowl and place Nasturtium flowers on top
Note: the flowers have different tastes according to the colors.
Subscribe Today and Save!!!
St. Charles Herald-Guide is an award-winning newspaper that covers all aspects of St. Charles Parish - from schools and parish government news to social events, features on our local residents and sports.
Order your subscription today!
Though a lopsided loss to Destrehan halted Hahnville’s winning streak at three, the...
Resurfacing the Hale Boggs Memorial Bridge deck isn’t just a $24.5 million upgrade,...
Those who volunteer with the St. Charles United Methodist Church Food Pantry in...
A New Orleans man accused of kidnapping and raping a Norco woman before allegedly...
An attempted traffic stop by Louisiana State Police on I-310 turned into a police...
With three regular season games left, Destrehan’s mantra is simple: no matter who...
Over 25 Years of Quality Sales, Service and Repairs on YAMAHA, MERCURY, EVINRUDE and JOHNSON Motors.
Sheriff says DOTD traffic plan will worsen bridge congestion - 1676 views
With road upgrade work on the Hale Boggs Memorial Bridge to begin Sunday, St. Charles Parish Sheriff Greg Champagne chastised the Louisiana Department of Transportation and Development (DOTD) for excluding local agencies from providing input in a traffic re-routing plan that could cause substantial additional traffic congestion.