Teacher Appreciation Salad - we’ve got the SECRET RECIPE!
Teacher appreciation salad
Here how’s to make it yourself at home, complete with dressing and garnish of Nasturtium flowers.Salad
- 1 bunch broccoli
- 1 head cauliflower
- 2 tender green onion bunches
- 4 hard boiled eggs, chopped
- 1 1/2 cup olive salad mix
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheeseSauce
1 cup Hellman's Mayonnaise
1/2 cup Wishbone Italian Dressing. Garnish with Nasturtium flowersMethod
1. Chop broccoli and cauliflower in small pieces
2. Dunk pieces into boiling water for about 1/2 minute to gain pretty color
3. Cool quickly with ice water
5. Boil eggs by placing them in a pot of water; bringing water to a boil,
covering, turning off heat and letting sit for 20 minutes.
6. Place olive salad in a food processor and chop more finely.
7. Finely slice green onions
9. Grate Parmesan cheese ( I do mine in a blender)
10. Peel and chop boiled eggs
11. Combine above ingredients in a salad bowl.
12. Combine Mayonnaise and Italian Dressing and toss with salad
13. Refrigerate and let sit about 8 hours.
14. Serve in salad bowl and place Nasturtium flowers on top
Note: the flowers have different tastes according to the colors.
Subscribe Today and Save!!!
St. Charles Herald-Guide is an award-winning newspaper that covers all aspects of St. Charles Parish - from schools and parish government news to social events, features on our local residents and sports.
Order your subscription today!
The director of the St. Charles Parish Housing Authority has stepped down on the...
The Hahnville Tigers will get their first taste of live action this Friday as they...
Opinions vary on whether Parish President V.J. St. Pierre’s administration must...
The Destrehan Wildcats will get one final tune-up for the regular season when they...
Signs supporting the Krewe of Zeus’ plans to parade through Ormond Boulevard in...
After narrowly defeating attorney Tim Marcel for the Division E judgeship in a 2012...
Yes, you've seen us. Maison Decor is the premier home decor retail store located on highway 90 where Boutte meets Luling. So stop, come on in and you'll be surprised!
Parish still has no plan in place to repay misspent taxpayer money - 1161 views
Opinions vary on whether Parish President V.J. St. Pierre’s administration must find a way to repay or rectify a finding by the Louisiana Attorney General that they unconstitutionally provided $140,000 worth of free dumpsters to parish residents over a four-year period.