Teacher Appreciation Salad - we’ve got the SECRET RECIPE!
Teacher appreciation salad
Here how’s to make it yourself at home, complete with dressing and garnish of Nasturtium flowers.Salad
- 1 bunch broccoli
- 1 head cauliflower
- 2 tender green onion bunches
- 4 hard boiled eggs, chopped
- 1 1/2 cup olive salad mix
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheeseSauce
1 cup Hellman's Mayonnaise
1/2 cup Wishbone Italian Dressing. Garnish with Nasturtium flowersMethod
1. Chop broccoli and cauliflower in small pieces
2. Dunk pieces into boiling water for about 1/2 minute to gain pretty color
3. Cool quickly with ice water
5. Boil eggs by placing them in a pot of water; bringing water to a boil,
covering, turning off heat and letting sit for 20 minutes.
6. Place olive salad in a food processor and chop more finely.
7. Finely slice green onions
9. Grate Parmesan cheese ( I do mine in a blender)
10. Peel and chop boiled eggs
11. Combine above ingredients in a salad bowl.
12. Combine Mayonnaise and Italian Dressing and toss with salad
13. Refrigerate and let sit about 8 hours.
14. Serve in salad bowl and place Nasturtium flowers on top
Note: the flowers have different tastes according to the colors.
Subscribe Today and Save!!!
St. Charles Herald-Guide is an award-winning newspaper that covers all aspects of St. Charles Parish - from schools and parish government news to social events, features on our local residents and sports.
Order your subscription today!
Julian Turner did his best and “just kind of ran into” being named salutatorian for...
In the many years that Barry Minnich has been with the Luling Volunteer Fire...
HBO is back in St. Charles Parish filming an eight-part series called “Quarry” that...
Hahnville’s Brandon Singleton won both the 110-and 300-meter hurdle events in the...
Being named Hahnville High School (HHS) valedictorian for the class of 2015 came as...
Although Randall “Randy” Harvey had an idea he might be named Destrehan High School...
To take control of one's life requires courage. Ms.Lucia specializes in depression, stress and anxiety disorders, parent-child relationships, and marital issues. Taking the first step is often the most difficult.
Hahnville High valedictorian devoted to caring for others - 964 views
Being named Hahnville High School (HHS) valedictorian for the class of 2015 came as a surprise to Jessica Becnel, but she realized it’s an honor that affirmed years of hard work.