Teacher Appreciation Salad - we’ve got the SECRET RECIPE!
Teacher appreciation salad
Here how’s to make it yourself at home, complete with dressing and garnish of Nasturtium flowers.Salad
- 1 bunch broccoli
- 1 head cauliflower
- 2 tender green onion bunches
- 4 hard boiled eggs, chopped
- 1 1/2 cup olive salad mix
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheeseSauce
1 cup Hellman's Mayonnaise
1/2 cup Wishbone Italian Dressing. Garnish with Nasturtium flowersMethod
1. Chop broccoli and cauliflower in small pieces
2. Dunk pieces into boiling water for about 1/2 minute to gain pretty color
3. Cool quickly with ice water
5. Boil eggs by placing them in a pot of water; bringing water to a boil,
covering, turning off heat and letting sit for 20 minutes.
6. Place olive salad in a food processor and chop more finely.
7. Finely slice green onions
9. Grate Parmesan cheese ( I do mine in a blender)
10. Peel and chop boiled eggs
11. Combine above ingredients in a salad bowl.
12. Combine Mayonnaise and Italian Dressing and toss with salad
13. Refrigerate and let sit about 8 hours.
14. Serve in salad bowl and place Nasturtium flowers on top
Note: the flowers have different tastes according to the colors.
Subscribe Today and Save!!!
St. Charles Herald-Guide is an award-winning newspaper that covers all aspects of St. Charles Parish - from schools and parish government news to social events, features on our local residents and sports.
Order your subscription today!
Beginning April 1, St. Charles Parish Hospital will ban smoking throughout the...
The St. Charles Parish Sheriff’s Office arrested and charged a Boutte woman with...
Emily Charles, 21, had begun to drive herself and five longtime friends from a...
Rather than rely on “hopes and prayers” to find funding for the West Bank hurricane...
Local union workers at Shell and Motiva refineries in Norco went on strike after...
Like just about every high school sports team, the Destrehan girls basketball team...
If Extra Cash is what you need to help meet expenses, come right in or call. We'll be glad to serve you promptly!
Luling Winn-Dixie flasher pleads guilty - 926 views
A 19-year-old Ama man accused of flashing two shoppers at the Winn-Dixie in Luling will avoid further jail time but must obtain a mental health evaluation.