Road trip travel tips
Here are some family road tripping tips from fellow travelers:
• Don't just plan for your destination - plan the trip, too. Kids can get antsy very easily. Before hitting the road, find rest stops, restaurants, or parks along your route. Find some neat sites to see along the way, as well.
• Stretching, exercise and bathroom breaks can keep everyone in shape for the drive. Take time to stretch outside of the car with your kids, but make sure you're in a safe place.
• Limit sweets. Keep candy and soda away from your kids, it just makes them hyper.
• Keep everyone busy with fun car activities. Some children will curl up and devour a book during a trip, but many can't read because of carsickness or age.
• Bring along a goodie bag filled with little presents like small puzzles, packages of nuts, window stickers, and small toys. When the kids start getting bored, pick out a little present for each.
Subscribe Today and Save!!!
St. Charles Herald-Guide is an award-winning newspaper that covers all aspects of St. Charles Parish - from schools and parish government news to social events, features on our local residents and sports.
Order your subscription today!
Destrehan boys basketball coach Todd Bourg is excited about his team’s prospects...
A 30-year-old Eastern New Orleans man as been arrested and accused of murdering Des...
For nearly two years, Lamar and Ruthell Ellis have mourned the loss of their son,...
A Luling family is picking up the pieces after a massive fire potentially caused by...
When a couple inquired about getting a same-sex marriage license on Friday, June...
Dennis Mitchell of Luling had been buying tickets for the St. Jude Dream House...
New York Life gives you the path to financial security of life time protection and value of life insurance, annuities, retirement plans and other financial planning. Let us help you achieve the financial goal of lifetime income!
Destrehan girls still a force - 2026 views
That the Destrehan girls basketball team is dominating its summer competition won’t surprise many. That the Lady Wildcats are essentially doing it with a split-squad roster, however, should be truly frightening for future opponents.