Road trip travel tips
Here are some family road tripping tips from fellow travelers:
• Don't just plan for your destination - plan the trip, too. Kids can get antsy very easily. Before hitting the road, find rest stops, restaurants, or parks along your route. Find some neat sites to see along the way, as well.
• Stretching, exercise and bathroom breaks can keep everyone in shape for the drive. Take time to stretch outside of the car with your kids, but make sure you're in a safe place.
• Limit sweets. Keep candy and soda away from your kids, it just makes them hyper.
• Keep everyone busy with fun car activities. Some children will curl up and devour a book during a trip, but many can't read because of carsickness or age.
• Bring along a goodie bag filled with little presents like small puzzles, packages of nuts, window stickers, and small toys. When the kids start getting bored, pick out a little present for each.
Subscribe Today and Save!!!
St. Charles Herald-Guide is an award-winning newspaper that covers all aspects of St. Charles Parish - from schools and parish government news to social events, features on our local residents and sports.
Order your subscription today!
A New Orleans man has been reported dead from an apparent gunshot wound to the head...
St. Charles Parish’s heroin overdoses could reach four with confirmation of the...
Hahnville quarterback Mike Neal scrambled, desperately buying time as the halftime...
Larry Cochran, D-St. Rose, took the lead and kept it for a win as St. Charles...
Under the great oaks of Destrehan Plantation, Mary Alice Smith and her husband,...
Destrehan coach Stephen Robicheaux said his Wildcats’ performance against Barbe...
Bent's RV is a Full Service RV Dealership in Louisiana.
Dog tossed from I-310 finds home in New Jersey - 1614 views
The pit bull thrown from I-310 into the swamp beneath in early October has found a new home, and her story a happy ending.