Road trip travel tips
Here are some family road tripping tips from fellow travelers:
• Don't just plan for your destination - plan the trip, too. Kids can get antsy very easily. Before hitting the road, find rest stops, restaurants, or parks along your route. Find some neat sites to see along the way, as well.
• Stretching, exercise and bathroom breaks can keep everyone in shape for the drive. Take time to stretch outside of the car with your kids, but make sure you're in a safe place.
• Limit sweets. Keep candy and soda away from your kids, it just makes them hyper.
• Keep everyone busy with fun car activities. Some children will curl up and devour a book during a trip, but many can't read because of carsickness or age.
• Bring along a goodie bag filled with little presents like small puzzles, packages of nuts, window stickers, and small toys. When the kids start getting bored, pick out a little present for each.
Subscribe Today and Save!!!
St. Charles Herald-Guide is an award-winning newspaper that covers all aspects of St. Charles Parish - from schools and parish government news to social events, features on our local residents and sports.
Order your subscription today!
By Kristen Higdon
A multi-million-dollar expansion planned at Quixote Studios in St. Rose is on hold...
By Lori Lyons
In his first season as Hahnville’s head softball...
Not that long ago a teacher could retire not knowing if he or she had made a...
If the Monsanto board approves the move in January, the company’s Luling site will...
Word came a week before the Louisiana Catfish Festival that Chef Jeff and his film...
Bent's RV is a Full Service RV Dealership in Louisiana.
Des Allemands mother wants answers to daughter’s murder - 3794 views
When friends reported that a burning vehicle found in New Orleans East looked like her daughter’s car, Jolene Dufrene said, “I knew in my heart that was it.”