Road trip travel tips
Here are some family road tripping tips from fellow travelers:
• Don't just plan for your destination - plan the trip, too. Kids can get antsy very easily. Before hitting the road, find rest stops, restaurants, or parks along your route. Find some neat sites to see along the way, as well.
• Stretching, exercise and bathroom breaks can keep everyone in shape for the drive. Take time to stretch outside of the car with your kids, but make sure you're in a safe place.
• Limit sweets. Keep candy and soda away from your kids, it just makes them hyper.
• Keep everyone busy with fun car activities. Some children will curl up and devour a book during a trip, but many can't read because of carsickness or age.
• Bring along a goodie bag filled with little presents like small puzzles, packages of nuts, window stickers, and small toys. When the kids start getting bored, pick out a little present for each.
Subscribe Today and Save!!!
St. Charles Herald-Guide is an award-winning newspaper that covers all aspects of St. Charles Parish - from schools and parish government news to social events, features on our local residents and sports.
Order your subscription today!
Emily Charles, 21, had begun to drive herself and five longtime friends from a...
The St. Charles Parish Sheriff’s Office arrested and charged a Boutte woman with...
Local union workers at Shell and Motiva refineries in Norco went on strike after...
When Hahnville wrestler Kendrick Jones won the LHSAA Division I state championship...
Rather than rely on “hopes and prayers” to find funding for the West Bank hurricane...
A Killona man faces felony animal cruelty charges after the St. Charles Parish...
Craig's Barber Shop has been locally owned and operated for over 25 years. We do men, women, and children's haircuts. Come in and enjoy that unique barber shop experience! Walk in and relax a while with Craig, Cheryl, and Angel!
Rescuers save drowning driver in Killona - 4072 views
Emily Charles, 21, had begun to drive herself and five longtime friends from a Luling hotel to Southern California on Feb. 18 when she rear-ended a vehicle and lost control of her SUV at the intersection of Louisiana highways 3127 and 3142 near Dow Chemical Co. in Killona. Charles hit the brakes, but could not avoid clipping the back of the car.
“After that, I don’t even know what happened. We must have flipped,” Charles said.