Speak with Authority
Herald-Guide vocabulary builder
Just read the vocabulary words below and choose the correct definition from the three choices that we give you.
Watch out - two are completely bogus.
Check your answers at the end of column.
Ready? Let’s go!1. Aplomb: a) confusion b) unadorned c) composure
2. Bombastic: a) inflated b) simple c) aggravated
3. Callow: a) mature b) raw c) perpendicularity
4. Drivel: a) balderdash b) feathers c) polished
5. Epitome: a) defeated b) sportsmanship c) model
6. Exhort: a) discourage b) alienate c) entreat
7. Infringe: a) encroach b) speech c) trespasser
ITT Technical Institute's closing had student Zina Richards calling the VA suicide...
"I am no longer keeping your secrets. I am no longer going to be one of your...
Diagnosed with a brain tumor at age 7, Kacey Marse knows how important the family...
St. Charles Parish police are seeking the public’s help in locating a man charged...
Considering the kind of year 2016 has been for St. Charles Parish Sheriff's...
St. Charles Parish business owners will have the opportunity to network at an SCP...
Bent's RV is a Full Service RV Dealership in Louisiana.
Riverside stifles Hahnville in 19-8 victory - 1209 views
While Hahnville and Destrehan’s clash next week won’t lack for hype, it won’t be a battle of undefeated teams.