Speak with Authority
Herald-Guide vocabulary builder
Just read the vocabulary words below and choose the correct definition from the three choices that we give you.
Watch out - two are completely bogus.
Check your answers at the end of column.
Ready? Let’s go!1. Aplomb: a) confusion b) unadorned c) composure
2. Bombastic: a) inflated b) simple c) aggravated
3. Callow: a) mature b) raw c) perpendicularity
4. Drivel: a) balderdash b) feathers c) polished
5. Epitome: a) defeated b) sportsmanship c) model
6. Exhort: a) discourage b) alienate c) entreat
7. Infringe: a) encroach b) speech c) trespasser
The St. Charles Parish Council cleared the way for a Southeastern Freight Lines...
All of the ongoing renovations and upgrades to Rathborne Park aren't quite...
Destrehan basketball star Cara Ursin has left a tough act to follow, that much is...
Rodney Naquin Jr. was sentenced to 29 years in prison after he pleaded guilty to a...
It was hard enough for Jimmy Stuard to deal with a diagnosis of colon cancer...
Katie Beuttner has always loved the water....
Bent's RV is a Full Service RV Dealership in Louisiana.
New basketball court, workout equipment unveiled in Luling - 2366 views
All of the ongoing renovations and upgrades to Rathborne Park aren't quite finished yet, but the ones that are have been showing results already.