Speak with Authority
Herald-Guide vocabulary builder
Just read the vocabulary words below and choose the correct definition from the three choices that we give you.
Watch out - two are completely bogus.
Check your answers at the end of column.
Ready? Letís go!1. Aplomb: a) confusion b) unadorned c) composure
2. Bombastic: a) inflated b) simple c) aggravated
3. Callow: a) mature b) raw c) perpendicularity
4. Drivel: a) balderdash b) feathers c) polished
5. Epitome: a) defeated b) sportsmanship c) model
6. Exhort: a) discourage b) alienate c) entreat
7. Infringe: a) encroach b) speech c) trespasser
A post by St. Charles Parish School Board on its Facebook page at 10:52 a.m....
With a fast flick of his hand, Whitney Curole sent a large blue crab sailing into a...
Marking its 40th year of revelry in Luling, the Krewe of Lul will roll with 62...
Destrehan suffered a scare early in Thursday nightís Class 5A quarterfinal game...
After riding in the Krewe of Des Allemands parade, Vernon Higgins decided it was...
It was the ultimate example of mixed emotions for Martin Sylvain. ...
Bent's RV is a Full Service RV Dealership in Louisiana.
Tigers eye return to Sulphur - 617 views
Hahnville hasnít been to the state softball tournament in Sulphur since 2013, but the Tigers have plenty of reason to believe that drought ends this year.