Colorful, safe and delicious:
The RIGHT way to handle Easter eggs
Here are eight tips that the LSU AgCenter says will help keep your Easter a healthy one.
1. Buy clean, uncracked eggs from a refrigerated display case at the grocery.
2. Store eggs in the carton in the refrigerator with the large end up to help maintain quality and keep them covered to eliminate the absorption of odors from other foods.
3. Wash your hands thoroughly before you handle eggs.
4. To hard-cook eggs properly, never boil them. Place eggs in a pot and cover with at least 1 inch of cold water. Bring to a boil then turn off heat, cover and let stand for 15 to 20 minutes. Rinse immediately with cold water so the shells will be easier to remove and to prevent the greenish coating on the yolk.
5. Refrigerate hard-cooked eggs in their cartons if you won’t be coloring them right after cooking and cooling.
6. Color only uncracked eggs.
7. If you hide eggs, consider hiding places carefully. Avoid areas where the eggs might come into contact with dirt, pets, wild animals, birds, reptiles, insects or lawn chemicals.
8. Never leave eggs in the sun during an Easter egg hunt - always keep them in the shade.
- Mark Claesgens, LSU AgCenter
Destrehan offensive tackle Dakota Torbert proudly wore a hat adorned with the logo...
Receiving the President’s Lifetime Achievement Award isn’t going to change Shirley...
Destrehan High School alumnus Will Sirmon IV appeared to have missed his chance to...
The worker missing after the Phillips 66 pipeline explosion in Paradis last...
As soon as Amanda Thomas could walk again from a serious car accident, she went to...
Just before shovels sunk into the ground Friday for Monsanto's near $1 billion...
Over 25 Years of Quality Sales, Service and Repairs on YAMAHA, MERCURY, EVINRUDE and JOHNSON Motors.
Council approves Chevron request for ‘passive drainage’ in Sunset district canals - 1240 views
The St. Charles Parish Council Monday unanimously approved Chevron U.S.A.’s request to not install berms, weirs or hydrologic structures in any canals in the Sunset Drainage District boundaries that could alter the drainage patterns and retention.