Colorful, safe and delicious:
The RIGHT way to handle Easter eggs
Here are eight tips that the LSU AgCenter says will help keep your Easter a healthy one.
1. Buy clean, uncracked eggs from a refrigerated display case at the grocery.
2. Store eggs in the carton in the refrigerator with the large end up to help maintain quality and keep them covered to eliminate the absorption of odors from other foods.
3. Wash your hands thoroughly before you handle eggs.
4. To hard-cook eggs properly, never boil them. Place eggs in a pot and cover with at least 1 inch of cold water. Bring to a boil then turn off heat, cover and let stand for 15 to 20 minutes. Rinse immediately with cold water so the shells will be easier to remove and to prevent the greenish coating on the yolk.
5. Refrigerate hard-cooked eggs in their cartons if you won’t be coloring them right after cooking and cooling.
6. Color only uncracked eggs.
7. If you hide eggs, consider hiding places carefully. Avoid areas where the eggs might come into contact with dirt, pets, wild animals, birds, reptiles, insects or lawn chemicals.
8. Never leave eggs in the sun during an Easter egg hunt - always keep them in the shade.
- Mark Claesgens, LSU AgCenter
St. Charles Parish police are seeking the public’s help in locating a man charged...
Diana Ford calls Arlinda Brown her guardian angel.
“You’re priceless,” Ford...
ITT Technical Institute's closing had student Zina Richards calling the VA suicide...
Doctors told Gwen Marelo that her son would never walk.
St. Charles Parish business owners will have the opportunity to network at an SCP...
Considering the kind of year 2016 has been for St. Charles Parish Sheriff's...
Bent's RV is a Full Service RV Dealership in Louisiana.
Destrehan runs all over Terrebonne for win - 676 views
Destrehan trailed 3-0 early against Terrebonne in the Wildcats’ homecoming game Friday night, but the Tigers’ advantage didn’t last long as the Wildcats romped to a 44-17 District 7-5A victory.