Colorful, safe and delicious:
The RIGHT way to handle Easter eggs
Here are eight tips that the LSU AgCenter says will help keep your Easter a healthy one.
1. Buy clean, uncracked eggs from a refrigerated display case at the grocery.
2. Store eggs in the carton in the refrigerator with the large end up to help maintain quality and keep them covered to eliminate the absorption of odors from other foods.
3. Wash your hands thoroughly before you handle eggs.
4. To hard-cook eggs properly, never boil them. Place eggs in a pot and cover with at least 1 inch of cold water. Bring to a boil then turn off heat, cover and let stand for 15 to 20 minutes. Rinse immediately with cold water so the shells will be easier to remove and to prevent the greenish coating on the yolk.
5. Refrigerate hard-cooked eggs in their cartons if you won’t be coloring them right after cooking and cooling.
6. Color only uncracked eggs.
7. If you hide eggs, consider hiding places carefully. Avoid areas where the eggs might come into contact with dirt, pets, wild animals, birds, reptiles, insects or lawn chemicals.
8. Never leave eggs in the sun during an Easter egg hunt - always keep them in the shade.
- Mark Claesgens, LSU AgCenter
Paul Anders is still trying to understand why anyone would have hurt let alone kill...
Herbs are Gabriel LoCoco’s thing....
Hahnville hadn’t forgotten the past two years of postseason play each resulting in...
Scrumptious food, live music, and chance to mingle with family, friends and even a...
After serving 41 years in prison for the 1974 shooting death of Timothy Weber, Gary...
With former St. Charles District Attorney Harry Morel facing sentencing after...
Craig's Barber Shop has been locally owned and operated for over 25 years. We do men, women, and children's haircuts. Come in and enjoy that unique barber shop experience! Walk in and relax a while with Craig, Cheryl, and Angel!
‘Inspirational Hero,’ service dog form dynamic duo - 942 views
With hardly a glance from anyone, Christopher James walks into class with Hamilton and starts his schoolwork at Hahnville High School.