Colorful, safe and delicious:
The RIGHT way to handle Easter eggs
Here are eight tips that the LSU AgCenter says will help keep your Easter a healthy one.
1. Buy clean, uncracked eggs from a refrigerated display case at the grocery.
2. Store eggs in the carton in the refrigerator with the large end up to help maintain quality and keep them covered to eliminate the absorption of odors from other foods.
3. Wash your hands thoroughly before you handle eggs.
4. To hard-cook eggs properly, never boil them. Place eggs in a pot and cover with at least 1 inch of cold water. Bring to a boil then turn off heat, cover and let stand for 15 to 20 minutes. Rinse immediately with cold water so the shells will be easier to remove and to prevent the greenish coating on the yolk.
5. Refrigerate hard-cooked eggs in their cartons if you won’t be coloring them right after cooking and cooling.
6. Color only uncracked eggs.
7. If you hide eggs, consider hiding places carefully. Avoid areas where the eggs might come into contact with dirt, pets, wild animals, birds, reptiles, insects or lawn chemicals.
8. Never leave eggs in the sun during an Easter egg hunt - always keep them in the shade.
- Mark Claesgens, LSU AgCenter
In a single pull, Roy Lunk yanked off crumbling paneling in the 93-year-old...
When a fourth of the card skimmers found in Louisiana were recently analyzed, it...
After Destrehan High School alumnus Will Sirmon IV was sidelined by a serious...
In her ninth year as counselor at St. Rose Elementary School, Denise Peinado knew...
Jacques Petit is a force to be reckoned with as he shops for a law school and plans...
Hahnville shook off a rough start at East St. John Friday night, in the end posting...
Bent's RV is a Full Service RV Dealership in Louisiana.
DHS alum finds new hope to follow in father’s footsteps - 880 views
After Destrehan High School alumnus Will Sirmon IV was sidelined by a serious shoulder injury at the beginning of his junior year, he thought his longtime hopes to become a third-generation college football player might be seriously compromised, if not outright dashed.