St. Charles Parish redesigned from public safety to housing
Economic and Workforce Development
- Protect the port and refinery resources.
- Retain buildable land while enhancing levee infrastructure.
- Implement projects and plans previously identified in local, state and federal governments.
- Adopt a land use plan that facilitates safe long-term growth and development by initiating, coordinating and integrating strategies for business retention, expansion and new business development as well as attracting tourists.
Flood Protection and Coastal Restoration
- Provide or improve hurricane protection for St. Charles Parish
- Maintain and expand wetland protection measures.
- Enhance coastal restoration program.
- Work regionally on coastal restoration projects which protect St. Charles, but which are located in Jefferson, Lafourche and Plaquemines parishes.
- Implement new regional emergency communication system.
- Develop an integrated strategy and facility to coordinate pre-storm, during storm, and post-storm protection.
Public Health and Healthcare
- Plans for recovery and growth should recognize the special needs of the senior, disabled and lower-income residents of the parish
Transportation & Infrastructure
- Develop transportation systems that assure the protection and efficient movement of the people and their assets concurrent with the population growth of the region.
- Improve water and wastewater facilities to accommodate increased demand from evacuees and anticipated growth.
Housing & Community Redevelopment
- Plan for sustainable land use while protecting the quality of life for all residents of St. Charles Parish.
- Preserve the many treasures that are culturally and historically significant to the region.
- Site and build homes and businesses to meet standards appropriate for hurricane and flood-prone areas.
- Growth should provide for a variety of housing types and styles keeping in mind the needs of special populations.
Source: Louisiana Speaks
Operating on little sleep and a great desire to help, a large group of St. Charles...
St. Charles Parish Council President Wendy Benedetto is on her way to getting what...
At Brook Kornegay’s house in Luling, watching vivacious kittens pouncing and...
Destrehan attempts to avenge its 2015 jamboree loss to Lutcher Friday night as the...
Despite it taking a year to determine the status of the proposed I-310 flyover ramp...
When the evolution curriculum pilot study begins in January, Hahnville High School...
Today's Car Care is the name people trust when it comes to outstanding tires and automotive service in the River Region and beyond.
Council may get tougher about garbage service - 2082 views
St. Charles Parish Council President Wendy Benedetto is on her way to getting what she wants – a more specific bid proposal on the parish’s garbage pickup service.