St. Charles Parish redesigned from public safety to housing
Economic and Workforce Development
- Protect the port and refinery resources.
- Retain buildable land while enhancing levee infrastructure.
- Implement projects and plans previously identified in local, state and federal governments.
- Adopt a land use plan that facilitates safe long-term growth and development by initiating, coordinating and integrating strategies for business retention, expansion and new business development as well as attracting tourists.
Flood Protection and Coastal Restoration
- Provide or improve hurricane protection for St. Charles Parish
- Maintain and expand wetland protection measures.
- Enhance coastal restoration program.
- Work regionally on coastal restoration projects which protect St. Charles, but which are located in Jefferson, Lafourche and Plaquemines parishes.
- Implement new regional emergency communication system.
- Develop an integrated strategy and facility to coordinate pre-storm, during storm, and post-storm protection.
Public Health and Healthcare
- Plans for recovery and growth should recognize the special needs of the senior, disabled and lower-income residents of the parish
Transportation & Infrastructure
- Develop transportation systems that assure the protection and efficient movement of the people and their assets concurrent with the population growth of the region.
- Improve water and wastewater facilities to accommodate increased demand from evacuees and anticipated growth.
Housing & Community Redevelopment
- Plan for sustainable land use while protecting the quality of life for all residents of St. Charles Parish.
- Preserve the many treasures that are culturally and historically significant to the region.
- Site and build homes and businesses to meet standards appropriate for hurricane and flood-prone areas.
- Growth should provide for a variety of housing types and styles keeping in mind the needs of special populations.
Source: Louisiana Speaks
In fall of last year, Charles Lumar didn't necessarily see himself performing in...
A candlelight vigil will be held 8 – 9 p.m. Sunday at East Bank Bridge Park in...
Never has a Louisiana basketball player earned the honor of Gatorade Player of the...
Having been to Hawaii, Mount Rushmore, Niagara Falls and even Alaska, it's no...
Luling Elementary teacher Dana Dufrene saw students running here, running there -...
Weeping aloud and clutching a framed photograph of her grandson, Martha Keller...
Bent's RV is a Full Service RV Dealership in Louisiana.
Police: Child left in car puts vehicle in reverse, strikes another car - 4315 views
A Destrehan woman was booked on five charges of child desertion after one of five children she left in a vehicle put it in drive and struck another vehicle in a business parking lot.