St. Charles Parish redesigned from public safety to housing
Economic and Workforce Development
- Protect the port and refinery resources.
- Retain buildable land while enhancing levee infrastructure.
- Implement projects and plans previously identified in local, state and federal governments.
- Adopt a land use plan that facilitates safe long-term growth and development by initiating, coordinating and integrating strategies for business retention, expansion and new business development as well as attracting tourists.
Flood Protection and Coastal Restoration
- Provide or improve hurricane protection for St. Charles Parish
- Maintain and expand wetland protection measures.
- Enhance coastal restoration program.
- Work regionally on coastal restoration projects which protect St. Charles, but which are located in Jefferson, Lafourche and Plaquemines parishes.
- Implement new regional emergency communication system.
- Develop an integrated strategy and facility to coordinate pre-storm, during storm, and post-storm protection.
Public Health and Healthcare
- Plans for recovery and growth should recognize the special needs of the senior, disabled and lower-income residents of the parish
Transportation & Infrastructure
- Develop transportation systems that assure the protection and efficient movement of the people and their assets concurrent with the population growth of the region.
- Improve water and wastewater facilities to accommodate increased demand from evacuees and anticipated growth.
Housing & Community Redevelopment
- Plan for sustainable land use while protecting the quality of life for all residents of St. Charles Parish.
- Preserve the many treasures that are culturally and historically significant to the region.
- Site and build homes and businesses to meet standards appropriate for hurricane and flood-prone areas.
- Growth should provide for a variety of housing types and styles keeping in mind the needs of special populations.
Source: Louisiana Speaks
The St. Charles Parish Council cleared the way for a Southeastern Freight Lines...
With houses selling within hours of being listed and drawing multiple offers, St....
Easter is here and so are the activities that make the holiday fun with eggs....
Destrehan basketball star Cara Ursin has left a tough act to follow, that much is...
After 10 innings last week, Hahnville and Destrehan were tied 1-1 and forced to...
It was hard enough for Jimmy Stuard to deal with a diagnosis of colon cancer...
Bent's RV is a Full Service RV Dealership in Louisiana.
Luling native helps start ‘fake news’ website - 1390 views
When “fake news” gained notoriety in the Trump-Clinton presidential campaign and remained a concern after the election, Kaylin Parker became one of the people dedicated to helping flush it out.