MONEYTALK with Al Suffrin
What are 10 things kids should know about money?
Dear Money: Here is a list of 10 things all kids need to know about money.
1. Kids need to be disciplined in saving and have delayed gratification in order to build financial security.
2. Kids should save money and get interest.
3. Always have and work towards a financial goal.
4. Begin a retirement and investment account now.
5. If you don't have the cash to pay for it, you can't afford it.
6. Money isn't everything and greed is not good.
7. Don't make money your goal. Money results from providing the right service.
8. Save at least 10 percent of each and every paycheck.
9. A sale in a store is not a sale if you can't afford it.
10. Earn some, save some, spend some.
Student and parent questions about finances answered - only in the St. Charles Herald-Guide. Financial expert and school board member Al Suffrin can help you make good decisions about your money. Send YOUR questions to: email@example.com
Diagnosed with a brain tumor at age 7, Kacey Marse knows how important the family...
Considering the kind of year 2016 has been for St. Charles Parish Sheriff's...
St. Charles Parish police are seeking the public’s help in locating a man charged...
ITT Technical Institute's closing had student Zina Richards calling the VA suicide...
With a roller coaster ride of a game tied at 28 with 10 seconds left, and the eyes...
"I am no longer keeping your secrets. I am no longer going to be one of your...
Today's Car Care is the name people trust when it comes to outstanding tires and automotive service in the River Region and beyond.
Destrehan deluge tests parish pumps - again - 1207 views
Destrehan streets filled with water again this month just a few weeks after the record heavy rains of Louisiana's catastrophic flooding and only months after the March deluge that hit the South.