MONEYTALK with Al Suffrin
What are 10 things kids should know about money?
Dear Money: Here is a list of 10 things all kids need to know about money.
1. Kids need to be disciplined in saving and have delayed gratification in order to build financial security.
2. Kids should save money and get interest.
3. Always have and work towards a financial goal.
4. Begin a retirement and investment account now.
5. If you don't have the cash to pay for it, you can't afford it.
6. Money isn't everything and greed is not good.
7. Don't make money your goal. Money results from providing the right service.
8. Save at least 10 percent of each and every paycheck.
9. A sale in a store is not a sale if you can't afford it.
10. Earn some, save some, spend some.
Student and parent questions about finances answered - only in the St. Charles Herald-Guide. Financial expert and school board member Al Suffrin can help you make good decisions about your money. Send YOUR questions to: email@example.com
Subscribe Today and Save!!!
St. Charles Herald-Guide is an award-winning newspaper that covers all aspects of St. Charles Parish - from schools and parish government news to social events, features on our local residents and sports.
Order your subscription today!
Those who volunteer with the St. Charles United Methodist Church Food Pantry in...
An attempted traffic stop by Louisiana State Police on I-310 turned into a police...
A New Orleans man accused of kidnapping and raping a Norco woman before allegedly...
With three regular season games left, Destrehan’s mantra is simple: no matter who...
The Des Allemands man accused of stealing more than $12,000 from the 2014 Louisiana...
Though a lopsided loss to Destrehan halted Hahnville’s winning streak at three, the...
Today's Car Care is the name people trust when it comes to outstanding tires and automotive service in the River Region and beyond.
Police chase causes school lock down - 4051 views
An attempted traffic stop by Louisiana State Police on I-310 turned into a police chase and school lockdown at about 10:43 a.m. today (Feb. 4).