Speak with Authority
Herald-Guide vocabulary builder
Just read the vocabulary words below and choose the correct definition from the three choices that we give you.
Watch out - two are completely bogus.
Check your answers at the end of column.
Ready? Let’s go!
1. Prerogative: a) narrow b) perk c) charm
2. Provincial: a) parent b) countryside c) parochial
3. Simulate: a) feign b) cosmopolitan c) catholic
4. Transcend: a) power b) surpass c) annoyed
5. Umbrage: a) life b) annoyance c) earnestness
6. Unctuous: a) servile b) exceed c) overworked
7. Ameliorate: a) embarrassed b) worsen c) amend.
Answers: 1-B 2-C 3-A 4-B 5-B 6-A 7-C
Subscribe Today and Save!!!
St. Charles Herald-Guide is an award-winning newspaper that covers all aspects of St. Charles Parish - from schools and parish government news to social events, features on our local residents and sports.
Order your subscription today!
Clint Chiasson has an insatiable drive to be the best. Sometimes, it’s all that...
Dennis Mitchell of Luling had been buying tickets for the St. Jude Dream House...
Destrehan boys basketball coach Todd Bourg is excited about his team’s prospects...
With this week’s arrest of a New Orleans East man, Jolene Dufrene may have gotten...
Becky Savage recently received a dose of amazing news when doctors informed the...
When a couple inquired about getting a same-sex marriage license on Friday, June...
Your One Stop Home Improvement Shop...
Otto Candies ends season - 1971 views
NEW ORLEANS — For the first time in four seasons, Otto Candies was stopped short of reaching the American Legion state baseball tournament.