Speak with Authority
Herald-Guide vocabulary builder
Just read the vocabulary words below and choose the correct definition from the three choices that we give you.
Watch out - two are completely bogus.
Check your answers at the end of column.
Ready? Let’s go!
1. Prerogative: a) narrow b) perk c) charm
2. Provincial: a) parent b) countryside c) parochial
3. Simulate: a) feign b) cosmopolitan c) catholic
4. Transcend: a) power b) surpass c) annoyed
5. Umbrage: a) life b) annoyance c) earnestness
6. Unctuous: a) servile b) exceed c) overworked
7. Ameliorate: a) embarrassed b) worsen c) amend.
Answers: 1-B 2-C 3-A 4-B 5-B 6-A 7-C
The grand reopening of St. Charles Council on Aging’s Luling Activity Center not...
In a move to increase Entergy Louisiana's power supply for a growing market, the...
Two people involved in the March 2 death of Richard Keller Jr. in Destrehan have...
For a black cat, Max has incredible luck although what happened to him has evoked...
All-District 7-5A Baseball 2016...
Randy Breaux Jr. loves his job, and it shows in his work ethic and eagerness to...
Craig's Barber Shop has been locally owned and operated for over 25 years. We do men, women, and children's haircuts. Come in and enjoy that unique barber shop experience! Walk in and relax a while with Craig, Cheryl, and Angel!
Chamber discusses flood insurance with Congressional delegation at Fly-In - 887 views
On top of mounting worry that Congress could substantially increase flood insurance rates again next year also comes the fear that private insurers getting into the business will cause them to rise even more.