Speak with Authority
Herald-Guide vocabulary builder
Just read the vocabulary words below and choose the correct definition from the three choices that we give you.
Watch out - two are completely bogus.
Check your answers at the end of column.
Ready? Let’s go!
1. Prerogative: a) narrow b) perk c) charm
2. Provincial: a) parent b) countryside c) parochial
3. Simulate: a) feign b) cosmopolitan c) catholic
4. Transcend: a) power b) surpass c) annoyed
5. Umbrage: a) life b) annoyance c) earnestness
6. Unctuous: a) servile b) exceed c) overworked
7. Ameliorate: a) embarrassed b) worsen c) amend.
Answers: 1-B 2-C 3-A 4-B 5-B 6-A 7-C
Diagnosed with a brain tumor at age 7, Kacey Marse knows how important the family...
With a roller coaster ride of a game tied at 28 with 10 seconds left, and the eyes...
St. Charles Parish police are seeking the public’s help in locating a man charged...
"I am no longer keeping your secrets. I am no longer going to be one of your...
ITT Technical Institute's closing had student Zina Richards calling the VA suicide...
Considering the kind of year 2016 has been for St. Charles Parish Sheriff's...
Bent's RV is a Full Service RV Dealership in Louisiana.
ONE MORE TIME: Wildcats, Tigers set for another epic clash - 874 views
While it’s just week four of the prep football season, Destrehan is likely to have a Superdome-in-December type of atmosphere Friday night as it hosts cross-parish rival Hahnville.