Speak with Authority
Herald-Guide vocabulary builder
Just read the vocabulary words below and choose the correct definition from the three choices that we give you.
Watch out - two are completely bogus.
Check your answers at the end of column.
Ready? Let’s go!
1. Prerogative: a) narrow b) perk c) charm
2. Provincial: a) parent b) countryside c) parochial
3. Simulate: a) feign b) cosmopolitan c) catholic
4. Transcend: a) power b) surpass c) annoyed
5. Umbrage: a) life b) annoyance c) earnestness
6. Unctuous: a) servile b) exceed c) overworked
7. Ameliorate: a) embarrassed b) worsen c) amend.
Answers: 1-B 2-C 3-A 4-B 5-B 6-A 7-C
In light of recent police shootings in Baton Rouge and Dallas, as well as a heated...
Without a tax increase, St. Charles Parish Council could be dealing with a...
Christi Fraychineaud’s fellow teachers at St. Rose Elementary School are trying to...
A New Sarpy man has been charged with cruelty to animals, specifically using...
Cynthia Creecy and Wanda Blue had more in common than most people can ever imagine....
There is no doubt in St. Charles Parish Councilman Paul Hogan's mind that Alfred...
Bent's RV is a Full Service RV Dealership in Louisiana.
State Trooper's Destrehan home burglarized - 9576 views
The home of a Louisiana State Trooper and Destrehan resident was burglarized Tuesday night and the St. Charles Parish Sheriff’s Office is seeking information about the incident.