Speak with Authority
Herald-Guide vocabulary builder
Just read the vocabulary words below and choose the correct definition from the three choices that we give you.
Watch out - two are completely bogus.
Check your answers at the end of column.
Ready? Let’s go!
1. Prerogative: a) narrow b) perk c) charm
2. Provincial: a) parent b) countryside c) parochial
3. Simulate: a) feign b) cosmopolitan c) catholic
4. Transcend: a) power b) surpass c) annoyed
5. Umbrage: a) life b) annoyance c) earnestness
6. Unctuous: a) servile b) exceed c) overworked
7. Ameliorate: a) embarrassed b) worsen c) amend.
Answers: 1-B 2-C 3-A 4-B 5-B 6-A 7-C
Christmas will come early in St. Charles Parish when the Norco Christmas Parade...
Destrehan entered Thanksgiving week with plenty to be thankful for— and now they...
Following several discussions aimed at fine tuning St. Charles Parish’s anticipated...
A fortunate encounter between a Luling pilot and 10-year-old Italian boy in World...
It's been more than 10 years since the Krewe of Lul had a Mardi Gras ball, but that...
Following a vote by the St. Charles Parish Council in favor of renewing property...
Bent's RV is a Full Service RV Dealership in Louisiana.
Rotary Club Thanksgiving baskets called a blessing - 853 views
Roy Clements of Montz didn’t expect the Rotary Club of St. Charles’ Thanksgiving basket of food that came to his family’s door last Wednesday, but he was visibly appreciative of getting it.