Speak with Authority
Herald-Guide vocabulary builder
Just read the vocabulary words below and choose the correct definition from the three choices that we give you.
Watch out - two are completely bogus.
Check your answers at the end of column.
Ready? Let’s go!
1. Prerogative: a) narrow b) perk c) charm
2. Provincial: a) parent b) countryside c) parochial
3. Simulate: a) feign b) cosmopolitan c) catholic
4. Transcend: a) power b) surpass c) annoyed
5. Umbrage: a) life b) annoyance c) earnestness
6. Unctuous: a) servile b) exceed c) overworked
7. Ameliorate: a) embarrassed b) worsen c) amend.
Answers: 1-B 2-C 3-A 4-B 5-B 6-A 7-C
A Hahnville man accused of attempting to burn down the apartment duplex he was...
When Hahnville High School gets to taste Satellite Center student Tyler Becnel's...
Weeping aloud and clutching a framed photograph of her grandson, Martha Keller...
Sam Steib is on a mission, and to hear him speak is to believe he will not be...
The Destrehan-Hahnville rivalry always seems to bring the best out of the players...
Bent's RV is a Full Service RV Dealership in Louisiana.
Norco Elementary Young Authors Winners 2016-2017 - 1985 views
Kindergarten – Non Fiction