Test your ‘Litter IQ’ by taking this short quiz
It’s easy. Simply answer the eight true-false questions below, then check your answers. Give yourself 10 points for each correct answer.
True or False1. A banana peel takes two weeks to degrade.
2. Men between the ages of 18- 34 are most likely to litter.3. Louisiana taxpayers annually spend $5 million to support highway litter clean up.
4. The most littered items in Louisiana are fast food bags.5. Louisianans are unable to report someone littering.
6. “Intentional littering” fines in Louisiana can be as much as $1,000.7. Louisiana citizens cannot be fined for accidental littering, such as trash flying out of the bed of a truck.
8. Citizens are not able to get involved with litter-reduction.Answers
1. False. Banana peels take up to two years to degrade. 2. True. 3. False. In Louisiana, taxpayers spend over $15 million each year on highway liter cleanup, even before hurricanes Katrina and Rita. 4. False. The most littered items in Louisiana are cigarette butts, which can take up to five years to decompose. 5. False. Citizens can report littering by calling 1-888-LIT-R-BUG. 6. True. 7. False. The fine for accidental littering is $75. 8. False. For a listing of statewide Keep Louisiana Beautiful affiliate chapters and cleanup events visit www.keeplouisianabeautiful.org.
Subscribe Today and Save!!!
St. Charles Herald-Guide is an award-winning newspaper that covers all aspects of St. Charles Parish - from schools and parish government news to social events, features on our local residents and sports.
Order your subscription today!
Darrington Sentimore once spent his time taking down quarterbacks and running backs...
When Cameron’s mother put a stethoscope to Jamie Napolitano’s chest and heard her...
Bayou Gauche community residents had barraged the St. Charles Parish Planning...
Molly the pony is a Sea Biscuit kind of story that offers the hope that anyone can...
A $1.4 million bid has been awarded to Barriere Construction Co. in Boutte to...
Area residents will get to comment on a proposed I-310 flyover ramp aimed at easing...
Bent's RV is a Full Service RV Dealership in Louisiana.
40 Luling AT&T workers join GNO area strike - 2008 views
Forty workers with AT&T’s Luling work center walked off their jobs at 7 a.m. today (Aug. 28) as part of a Greater New Orleans area strike over unfair labor practices.