Test your ‘Litter IQ’ by taking this short quiz
It’s easy. Simply answer the eight true-false questions below, then check your answers. Give yourself 10 points for each correct answer.
True or False1. A banana peel takes two weeks to degrade.
2. Men between the ages of 18- 34 are most likely to litter.3. Louisiana taxpayers annually spend $5 million to support highway litter clean up.
4. The most littered items in Louisiana are fast food bags.5. Louisianans are unable to report someone littering.
6. “Intentional littering” fines in Louisiana can be as much as $1,000.7. Louisiana citizens cannot be fined for accidental littering, such as trash flying out of the bed of a truck.
8. Citizens are not able to get involved with litter-reduction.Answers
1. False. Banana peels take up to two years to degrade. 2. True. 3. False. In Louisiana, taxpayers spend over $15 million each year on highway liter cleanup, even before hurricanes Katrina and Rita. 4. False. The most littered items in Louisiana are cigarette butts, which can take up to five years to decompose. 5. False. Citizens can report littering by calling 1-888-LIT-R-BUG. 6. True. 7. False. The fine for accidental littering is $75. 8. False. For a listing of statewide Keep Louisiana Beautiful affiliate chapters and cleanup events visit www.keeplouisianabeautiful.org.
Subscribe Today and Save!!!
St. Charles Herald-Guide is an award-winning newspaper that covers all aspects of St. Charles Parish - from schools and parish government news to social events, features on our local residents and sports.
Order your subscription today!
The pit bull thrown from I-310 into the swamp beneath in early October has found a...
Hahnville quarterback Mike Neal scrambled, desperately buying time as the halftime...
St. Charles Parish’s heroin overdoses could reach four with confirmation of the...
A New Orleans man has been reported dead from an apparent gunshot wound to the head...
Larry Cochran, D-St. Rose, took the lead and kept it for a win as St. Charles...
Under the great oaks of Destrehan Plantation, Mary Alice Smith and her husband,...
Bent's RV is a Full Service RV Dealership in Louisiana.
Cochran wins race for St. Charles Parish president - 575 views
Larry Cochran, D-St. Rose, took the lead and kept it for a win as St. Charles Parish president with 8,829 votes over opponent Terry Authement, R-Boutte, who got 6,914 votes in today's runoff race.