Test your ‘Litter IQ’ by taking this short quiz
It’s easy. Simply answer the eight true-false questions below, then check your answers. Give yourself 10 points for each correct answer.
True or False1. A banana peel takes two weeks to degrade.
2. Men between the ages of 18- 34 are most likely to litter.3. Louisiana taxpayers annually spend $5 million to support highway litter clean up.
4. The most littered items in Louisiana are fast food bags.5. Louisianans are unable to report someone littering.
6. “Intentional littering” fines in Louisiana can be as much as $1,000.7. Louisiana citizens cannot be fined for accidental littering, such as trash flying out of the bed of a truck.
8. Citizens are not able to get involved with litter-reduction.Answers
1. False. Banana peels take up to two years to degrade. 2. True. 3. False. In Louisiana, taxpayers spend over $15 million each year on highway liter cleanup, even before hurricanes Katrina and Rita. 4. False. The most littered items in Louisiana are cigarette butts, which can take up to five years to decompose. 5. False. Citizens can report littering by calling 1-888-LIT-R-BUG. 6. True. 7. False. The fine for accidental littering is $75. 8. False. For a listing of statewide Keep Louisiana Beautiful affiliate chapters and cleanup events visit www.keeplouisianabeautiful.org.
Subscribe Today and Save!!!
St. Charles Herald-Guide is an award-winning newspaper that covers all aspects of St. Charles Parish - from schools and parish government news to social events, features on our local residents and sports.
Order your subscription today!
The story of 89-year-old Norco resident William Rook is more than a story about an...
Now that carnival season has to come to an end, Fat Tuesday has passed and Ash...
The 35th Annual Louisiana Sportsman Show and Festival, Louisiana’s largest outdoor...
The Destrehan Lady Wildcats lost only their second game all season when they fell...
After more than a decade battling the St. Charles Parish Council in an attempt to...
The Hahnville Lady Tigers (3-1) cruised past Assumption and Dominican in the...
At Saia Auto Consultants, our ultimate goal is to get you the highest quality vehicle for your money.
Police search for missing Hahnville grad - 5881 views
A 31-year-old Hahnville graduate has gone missing in Hammond and police are asking for the public’s help in locating him.