Test your ‘Litter IQ’ by taking this short quiz
It’s easy. Simply answer the eight true-false questions below, then check your answers. Give yourself 10 points for each correct answer.
True or False1. A banana peel takes two weeks to degrade.
2. Men between the ages of 18- 34 are most likely to litter.3. Louisiana taxpayers annually spend $5 million to support highway litter clean up.
4. The most littered items in Louisiana are fast food bags.5. Louisianans are unable to report someone littering.
6. “Intentional littering” fines in Louisiana can be as much as $1,000.7. Louisiana citizens cannot be fined for accidental littering, such as trash flying out of the bed of a truck.
8. Citizens are not able to get involved with litter-reduction.Answers
1. False. Banana peels take up to two years to degrade. 2. True. 3. False. In Louisiana, taxpayers spend over $15 million each year on highway liter cleanup, even before hurricanes Katrina and Rita. 4. False. The most littered items in Louisiana are cigarette butts, which can take up to five years to decompose. 5. False. Citizens can report littering by calling 1-888-LIT-R-BUG. 6. True. 7. False. The fine for accidental littering is $75. 8. False. For a listing of statewide Keep Louisiana Beautiful affiliate chapters and cleanup events visit www.keeplouisianabeautiful.org.
Subscribe Today and Save!!!
St. Charles Herald-Guide is an award-winning newspaper that covers all aspects of St. Charles Parish - from schools and parish government news to social events, features on our local residents and sports.
Order your subscription today!
A thriller produced by J.J. Abrams that stars John Goodman and was partially filmed...
An attempted traffic stop by Louisiana State Police on I-310 turned into a police...
Sandra Washington of Destrehan is the coordinator of the Youth Empowerment...
Resurfacing the Hale Boggs Memorial Bridge deck isn’t just a $24.5 million upgrade,...
Roxanne Wilbon beamed as her son, Gerald, donned a University of Texas hat and made...
J.D. Bankston was among the Luling Volunteer Fire Department’s first volunteers who...
Today's Car Care is the name people trust when it comes to outstanding tires and automotive service in the River Region and beyond.
Hale Boggs is a ‘test bridge’ for surfacing - 1737 views
Resurfacing the Hale Boggs Memorial Bridge deck isn’t just a $24.5 million upgrade, it’s the result of a 15 year experiment that determined a concrete overlay would provide much longer surface life than asphalt.