Test your ‘Litter IQ’ by taking this short quiz
It’s easy. Simply answer the eight true-false questions below, then check your answers. Give yourself 10 points for each correct answer.
True or False1. A banana peel takes two weeks to degrade.
2. Men between the ages of 18- 34 are most likely to litter.3. Louisiana taxpayers annually spend $5 million to support highway litter clean up.
4. The most littered items in Louisiana are fast food bags.5. Louisianans are unable to report someone littering.
6. “Intentional littering” fines in Louisiana can be as much as $1,000.7. Louisiana citizens cannot be fined for accidental littering, such as trash flying out of the bed of a truck.
8. Citizens are not able to get involved with litter-reduction.Answers
1. False. Banana peels take up to two years to degrade. 2. True. 3. False. In Louisiana, taxpayers spend over $15 million each year on highway liter cleanup, even before hurricanes Katrina and Rita. 4. False. The most littered items in Louisiana are cigarette butts, which can take up to five years to decompose. 5. False. Citizens can report littering by calling 1-888-LIT-R-BUG. 6. True. 7. False. The fine for accidental littering is $75. 8. False. For a listing of statewide Keep Louisiana Beautiful affiliate chapters and cleanup events visit www.keeplouisianabeautiful.org.
Subscribe Today and Save!!!
St. Charles Herald-Guide is an award-winning newspaper that covers all aspects of St. Charles Parish - from schools and parish government news to social events, features on our local residents and sports.
Order your subscription today!
Two of Luling’s newest firefighters weren’t even done with their basic training...
The St. Charles Parish Sheriff’s Office is looking for a man who allegedly beat a...
Like just about every high school sports team, the Destrehan girls basketball team...
Pastor Don Logan, of Boutte, was coming back from a meeting in Alexandria when the...
Beginning April 1, St. Charles Parish Hospital will ban smoking throughout the...
Dealership Service without Dealership Prices. We service all domestic & foreign cars, trucks & SUV's. We are certified by ASE, ICAR and AAA for your peace of mind.
St. Charles EMS to add third ambulance shift - 1233 views
A new $230,000 ambulance, due in mid March, should help alleviate service calls for the St. Charles Parish EMS at peak times.