Speak with Authority
Herald-Guide vocabulary builder improves your 'word-ability'
Just read the vocabulary words below and choose the correct definition from the three choices that we give you.
Watch out - two are completely bogus.
Check your answers at the end of column.
Ready? Let’s go!1. Hiatus: a) pause b) indulgence c) continuation
2. Innuendo: a) direct statement b) unspoiled c) insinuation
3. Intercede: a) wearied b) intervene c) happily
4. Jaded: a) uncloyed b) surfeited c) pretense
5. Lurid: a) gruesome b) pleasant c) placid
6. Meritorious: a) laudable b) reprehensible c) product
7. Petulant: a) serene b) perk c) irritable
Destrehan simply had no answers for Landry-Walker. ...
U.S. Sen. Charles Grassley is questioning the FBI and U.S. Department of Justice...
Christmas will come early in St. Charles Parish when the Norco Christmas Parade...
Following several discussions aimed at fine tuning St. Charles Parish's anticipated...
Remembered as a man who "loved his wife and kids more than life," Bayou Gauche...
A man driving a white car ran into several vehicles on Highway 90 this evening...
Bent's RV is a Full Service RV Dealership in Louisiana.
Bringing the party back to the Krewe of Lul - 3496 views
It's been more than 10 years since the Krewe of Lul had a Mardi Gras ball, but that will change this coming year to highlight its 40th anniversary.