Speak with Authority
Herald-Guide vocabulary builder improves your 'word-ability'
Just read the vocabulary words below and choose the correct definition from the three choices that we give you.
Watch out - two are completely bogus.
Check your answers at the end of column.
Ready? Let’s go!1. Hiatus: a) pause b) indulgence c) continuation
2. Innuendo: a) direct statement b) unspoiled c) insinuation
3. Intercede: a) wearied b) intervene c) happily
4. Jaded: a) uncloyed b) surfeited c) pretense
5. Lurid: a) gruesome b) pleasant c) placid
6. Meritorious: a) laudable b) reprehensible c) product
7. Petulant: a) serene b) perk c) irritable
In fall of last year, Charles Lumar didn't necessarily see himself performing in...
When Hahnville High School gets to taste Satellite Center student Tyler Becnel’s...
The St. Charles Parish Sheriff's Office is investigating the shooting death of a...
Never has a Louisiana basketball player earned the honor of Gatorade Player of the...
The Destrehan-Hahnville rivalry always seems to bring the best out of the players...
A candlelight vigil will be held 8 – 9 p.m. Sunday at East Bank Bridge Park in...
Over 25 Years of Quality Sales, Service and Repairs on YAMAHA, MERCURY, EVINRUDE and JOHNSON Motors.
Taking the Arts Guild prize - 849 views
Ann Clement and Kerry Allen have been named the St. Charles Art Guild’s March winners.