Speak with Authority
Herald-Guide vocabulary builder improves your 'word-ability'
Just read the vocabulary words below and choose the correct definition from the three choices that we give you.
Watch out - two are completely bogus.
Check your answers at the end of column.
Ready? Let’s go!1. Hiatus: a) pause b) indulgence c) continuation
2. Innuendo: a) direct statement b) unspoiled c) insinuation
3. Intercede: a) wearied b) intervene c) happily
4. Jaded: a) uncloyed b) surfeited c) pretense
5. Lurid: a) gruesome b) pleasant c) placid
6. Meritorious: a) laudable b) reprehensible c) product
7. Petulant: a) serene b) perk c) irritable
The St. Charles Parish Council cleared the way for a Southeastern Freight Lines...
Rodney Naquin Jr. was sentenced to 29 years in prison after he pleaded guilty to a...
Recognized as an educator who inspires students toward conservation and the...
Destrehan basketball star Cara Ursin has left a tough act to follow, that much is...
It was hard enough for Jimmy Stuard to deal with a diagnosis of colon cancer...
Katie Beuttner has always loved the water....
Bent's RV is a Full Service RV Dealership in Louisiana.
Hahnville makes return to Sulphur, dominates Fontainebleau - 3203 views
The Hahnville Lady Tigers are headed back to Sulphur.