for people who catch and kill their own food
Wylma’s Shrimp Boulettes
2 lbs. fresh shrimp peeled
2 medium onions, chopped
1 medium bell pepper, chopped
1 stalk celery, chopped
4 pods garlic, chopped fine
1/3 cup chopped parsley
1/3 cup chopped green onions
salt, black pepper, and cayenne to taste
1/2 cup oil for sauteing vegetables
1 or more cups of oil for frying
1. Grind shrimp in a food processor.
2. Finely chop onions, bell pepper, celery and garlic and cook in oil in a skillet for 5 or 10 minutes over medium heat. Do not brown.
4. Add sauteed vegetables and the parsley and green onions to the shrimp.
5. Season with salt, pepper, and cayenne and mix well.
6. Heat 1 cup or more oil in frying pan or electric cooker.
7. Drop shrimp mixture by spoonfuls into hot oil. Fry until completely cooked.
Buy this book at Louisiana Publishing’s Outdoor Store: www.lasmag.com
Subscribe Today and Save!!!
St. Charles Herald-Guide is an award-winning newspaper that covers all aspects of St. Charles Parish - from schools and parish government news to social events, features on our local residents and sports.
Order your subscription today!
St. Charles Parish experienced the only decline in home prices in the New Orleans...
A pipe malfunction is reportedly behind a powerful explosion that was felt...
A new online job connection program that seeks to match the skill set of job...
The Destrehan Wildcats will get one final tune-up for the regular season when they...
Opinions vary on whether Parish President V.J. St. Pierre’s administration must...
The Hahnville Tigers will get their first taste of live action this Friday as they...
Open year-round, Banting's Nursery has everything for your landscape and more! We offer outstanding quality at affordable prices. Banting's is the one stop garden center for St. Charles, Jefferson, and Orleans Parishes.
Norco explosion, fire caused by faulty pipe - 835 views
A pipe malfunction is reportedly behind a powerful explosion that was felt throughout the parish and caused a fire at the Diamond Green Diesel Refinery in Norco in early August.