for people who catch and kill their own food
Wylma’s Shrimp Boulettes
2 lbs. fresh shrimp peeled
2 medium onions, chopped
1 medium bell pepper, chopped
1 stalk celery, chopped
4 pods garlic, chopped fine
1/3 cup chopped parsley
1/3 cup chopped green onions
salt, black pepper, and cayenne to taste
1/2 cup oil for sauteing vegetables
1 or more cups of oil for frying
1. Grind shrimp in a food processor.
2. Finely chop onions, bell pepper, celery and garlic and cook in oil in a skillet for 5 or 10 minutes over medium heat. Do not brown.
4. Add sauteed vegetables and the parsley and green onions to the shrimp.
5. Season with salt, pepper, and cayenne and mix well.
6. Heat 1 cup or more oil in frying pan or electric cooker.
7. Drop shrimp mixture by spoonfuls into hot oil. Fry until completely cooked.
Buy this book at Louisiana Publishing’s Outdoor Store: www.lasmag.com
Subscribe Today and Save!!!
St. Charles Herald-Guide is an award-winning newspaper that covers all aspects of St. Charles Parish - from schools and parish government news to social events, features on our local residents and sports.
Order your subscription today!
A Luling father who has been convicted of molesting his daughter twice in the last...
The Destrehan Lady Wildcats lost only their second game all season when they fell...
The Hahnville Lady Tigers (3-1) cruised past Assumption and Dominican in the...
A 31-year-old Hahnville graduate has gone missing in Hammond and police are asking...
Now that carnival season has to come to an end, Fat Tuesday has passed and Ash...
Family and friends gathered on Sunday to celebrate the first birthday of Jade...
Advanced Air is state licensed and locally owned and operated. We provide prompt, courteous service and are available 24 hours for St. Charles and surrounding parishes. Call us day or night for all your a/c and heating needs!
Destrehan advances to state championship game - 504 views
The Destrehan Lady Wildcats are on their way to the Class 5A state championship game after beating No. 15 Helen Cox 70-57.