for people who catch and kill their own food
Wylma’s Shrimp Boulettes
2 lbs. fresh shrimp peeled
2 medium onions, chopped
1 medium bell pepper, chopped
1 stalk celery, chopped
4 pods garlic, chopped fine
1/3 cup chopped parsley
1/3 cup chopped green onions
salt, black pepper, and cayenne to taste
1/2 cup oil for sauteing vegetables
1 or more cups of oil for frying
1. Grind shrimp in a food processor.
2. Finely chop onions, bell pepper, celery and garlic and cook in oil in a skillet for 5 or 10 minutes over medium heat. Do not brown.
4. Add sauteed vegetables and the parsley and green onions to the shrimp.
5. Season with salt, pepper, and cayenne and mix well.
6. Heat 1 cup or more oil in frying pan or electric cooker.
7. Drop shrimp mixture by spoonfuls into hot oil. Fry until completely cooked.
Buy this book at Louisiana Publishing’s Outdoor Store: www.lasmag.com
In more ways than one, Jared Vial's story was quite unlikely, one made a reality...
The annual Hurricane Preparedness Sales Tax Holiday typically held the last weekend...
With the glistening waters of Des Allemands showing through a window in the kitchen...
Destrehan coach Stephen Robicheaux calls spring an evaluation period, and given the...
A St. John the Baptist Parish deputy was arrested in St. Charles Parish Wednesday...
Dawn Ortego isn't willing to become a statistic....
Craig's Barber Shop has been locally owned and operated for over 25 years. We do men, women, and children's haircuts. Come in and enjoy that unique barber shop experience! Walk in and relax a while with Craig, Cheryl, and Angel!
Zydeco's destroyed by fire - 14809 views
After being engulfed by flames around 4 p.m. Monday, the popular seafood restaurant Zydeco's Cajun Restaurant in Boutte has been destroyed by fire.