What parish teens really want - COOL PLACES TO SHOP
Teens are paying close attention to all the new stores and shops that are projected to open in St. Charles Parish this year.
But even though a wine bar and a couple of buffet restaurants in Boutte will be nice for adults, younger residents are looking for something a little different.
Here’s the “wish list” we got in a survey of students at Destrehan and Hahnville high schools.
Our question: What ONE store would you like to see open in St. Charles Parish?
- “I would like to see an American Eagle clothing store come to the parish.” James Gauthier, St. Rose
- “It would be great if a Best Buy or Pac-Sun retailer opened up because it would save me a trip to the mall.” Derek Matherne, Destrehan
- “We need some music stores. Zeagler would be a great one.” Justin Villers, Norco
- “I think St. Charles Parish needs an Olive Garden or a Zea’s because there are too many fast food place and not any good places to sit down and eat.” - Senior at Hahnville who asked that his name not be used.- “There is nowhere to shop. I think that Hollister clothing store should come to St. Charles Parish.” Amber Bourgeois, Norco
- “Even though it would put alot of local people out of business, I would like to see a Home Depot - every man’s dream - come to St. Charles Parish.” Patrick Phelan, Luling- “A bowling alley or a mall for sure. Teenagers need a place to go and hang out to keep out of trouble.” Brittany Allen, Luling
- “I would definitely love a mall. I love shopping, but hate going into town just to go to one or two stores at the mall.” Faith Grurule, Destrehan- “We need an Outback restaurant. I love that place-and fast food is definitely getting old.” Kerry Taravella.
- “I’d like a driving range/lounge. Willowdale Country Club is an older, not hip place. I am always practicing golf, so I’d like something to do after I leave the range.” Dayton Bordelon, Luling
And a teacher who ISN’T a teenager says: “A place to take my little boy would be perfect, Kids Sport or Discovery Zone Space Center. Just something for younger kids and their parents to go and have fun while not spending an arm and a leg.” Mary Harris, Luling
Subscribe Today and Save!!!
St. Charles Herald-Guide is an award-winning newspaper that covers all aspects of St. Charles Parish - from schools and parish government news to social events, features on our local residents and sports.
Order your subscription today!
Martha Davis was not always deaf. ...
A New Sarpy man was arrested after police responding to a drug call discovered 17...
A 20-year-old St. Rose man has been arrested and charged with first-degree murder...
Playoff quarterfinals players of the week for the 2013 high school football season. ...
Destrehan’s best football season in years came to an end on Friday with a 35-7 loss...
The St. Charles Parish Sheriff’s Office is asking for help identifying a man who...
Mizu Japanese Steakhouse and Sushi Bar offers a wide variety of Japanese and Chinese dishes along with sushi, sashimi and hibachi. Lunch or Dinner, Dine in or Take Out.
Luling bicyclist struck by car, killed on Highway 90 - 4037 views
A bicyclist was killed after getting hit by a car at the intersection of Barton Avenue and Highway 90 in Luling at 8 p.m. Monday night.