50 ways to LEAVE your lover?
How about 10 ways to KEEP your lover
Just slip out the back, Jack
Make a new plan, Stan
You don't need to be coy, Roy
Just get yourself free
Hop on the bus, Gus
You don't need to discuss much
Just drop off the key, Lee,
Just set yourself free.
For those looking to pull the plug on a “well-done” relationship, singer-songwriter Paul Simon sang it best in his 1975 song, 50 Ways to Leave Your Lover.
But what about the others - what about those of you who are perfectly happy with your partner? How can you keep them around for the long haul?
The Herald-Guide has searched high and low to find the best advice on how to YOU can get your significant other to stay happy and stick around.
1. When spending time with your lover, play their favorite music.
2. Whip up a yummy dinner that consists of all your lover’s favorite foods.
3. Dazzle him or her with unexpected gifts like a card or keepsake. Keep it simple, but thoughtful. Pick the “right” thing, not the biggest or most expensive thing.
4. Invite your honey over for a romantic candlelight dinner.
5. Say please and thank you for favors and for many small things that you and your lover do for each other throughout the day.
6. Give each other flowers regularly. Men love to receive flowers too!
7. If married, start the morning right by eating breakfast in bed with the one you love.
8. Give each other a massage. Try short five minute massages on a daily basis, as well as longer versions (one hour or longer) when time permits.
9. Write love letters to each other for no reason at all - just to show that you care.
10. Watching romantic movies together is sure to make any night a special one.
And remember - it doesn’t matter what you and your significant other do this Valentine’s Day, just make it special. Make it a day to remember.
Subscribe Today and Save!!!
St. Charles Herald-Guide is an award-winning newspaper that covers all aspects of St. Charles Parish - from schools and parish government news to social events, features on our local residents and sports.
Order your subscription today!
John Paul Devillier, who initially plead innocent, has changed his plea to not...
Area residents will get to comment on a proposed I-310 flyover ramp aimed at easing...
Hahnville will have a new look on offense this season, and second year Tigers’...
The wedding scene is dreamlike with a trellis surrounded by moss-draped oaks on the...
At age 12, Terry Gaulter’s “eyes opened to the world” when she laid hands on a...
Festival of Charities crowned new royalty on Aug. 9 in Destrehan at the American...
Bent's RV is a Full Service RV Dealership in Louisiana.
‘Canes take home trophy at USSSA World Series - 541 views
The 10U LA Hurricanes softball team, based out of St. Charles Parish, recently traveled to Orlando, Fla. to play in the 10U USSSA World Series at the ESPN Wide World of Sports.