50 ways to LEAVE your lover?
How about 10 ways to KEEP your lover
There must be fifty ways to leave your lover ...
Just slip out the back, Jack
Make a new plan, Stan
You don't need to be coy, Roy
Just get yourself free
Hop on the bus, Gus
You don't need to discuss much
Just drop off the key, Lee,
Just set yourself free.
For those looking to pull the plug on a “well-done” relationship, singer-songwriter Paul Simon sang it best in his 1975 song, 50 Ways to Leave Your Lover.
But what about the others - what about those of you who are perfectly happy with your partner? How can you keep them around for the long haul?
The Herald-Guide has searched high and low to find the best advice on how to YOU can get your significant other to stay happy and stick around.
1. When spending time with your lover, play their favorite music.
2. Whip up a yummy dinner that consists of all your lover’s favorite foods.
3. Dazzle him or her with unexpected gifts like a card or keepsake. Keep it simple, but thoughtful. Pick the “right” thing, not the biggest or most expensive thing.
4. Invite your honey over for a romantic candlelight dinner.
5. Say please and thank you for favors and for many small things that you and your lover do for each other throughout the day.
6. Give each other flowers regularly. Men love to receive flowers too!
7. If married, start the morning right by eating breakfast in bed with the one you love.
8. Give each other a massage. Try short five minute massages on a daily basis, as well as longer versions (one hour or longer) when time permits.
9. Write love letters to each other for no reason at all - just to show that you care.
10. Watching romantic movies together is sure to make any night a special one.
And remember - it doesn’t matter what you and your significant other do this Valentine’s Day, just make it special. Make it a day to remember.
Subscribe Today and Save!!!
St. Charles Herald Guide is the complete local news in St. Charles Parish, Louisiana.
Get your local news, sports and information from the Parish's award winning paper.
St. Charles Herald Guide has what you need.
The Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries is now accepting applications...
It’s a Sunday afternoon in Boutte and the traffic on Highway 90 is virtually...
Four St. Charles Parish football players recently joined some of the top college...
Homeowners in the second block of the Hidden Oaks subdivision in Luling say their...
Gov. Bobby Jindal will have a chance to weigh in on a controversial bill passed by...
As he was piloting a small Cessna airplane over the Gulf of Mexico, Marc Majoria...
Commercial refrigeration, A/C, Heating, Industrial Refrigeration and A/C, Emergency Generators and service, Building Entergy conservation services, Solar power systems, Heat pump specialist. All brands serviced and installed
2 former DHS linemen plan to beef up Nicholls - 668 views
Ever since Charlie Stubbs took over the head coaching reigns at Nicholls State back in 2010, he has tried to add some size and physicality along both his offensive and defensive lines and do a better job of recruiting the talent rich River Parishes area.