50 ways to LEAVE your lover?
How about 10 ways to KEEP your lover
Just slip out the back, Jack
Make a new plan, Stan
You don't need to be coy, Roy
Just get yourself free
Hop on the bus, Gus
You don't need to discuss much
Just drop off the key, Lee,
Just set yourself free.
For those looking to pull the plug on a “well-done” relationship, singer-songwriter Paul Simon sang it best in his 1975 song, 50 Ways to Leave Your Lover.
But what about the others - what about those of you who are perfectly happy with your partner? How can you keep them around for the long haul?
The Herald-Guide has searched high and low to find the best advice on how to YOU can get your significant other to stay happy and stick around.
1. When spending time with your lover, play their favorite music.
2. Whip up a yummy dinner that consists of all your lover’s favorite foods.
3. Dazzle him or her with unexpected gifts like a card or keepsake. Keep it simple, but thoughtful. Pick the “right” thing, not the biggest or most expensive thing.
4. Invite your honey over for a romantic candlelight dinner.
5. Say please and thank you for favors and for many small things that you and your lover do for each other throughout the day.
6. Give each other flowers regularly. Men love to receive flowers too!
7. If married, start the morning right by eating breakfast in bed with the one you love.
8. Give each other a massage. Try short five minute massages on a daily basis, as well as longer versions (one hour or longer) when time permits.
9. Write love letters to each other for no reason at all - just to show that you care.
10. Watching romantic movies together is sure to make any night a special one.
And remember - it doesn’t matter what you and your significant other do this Valentine’s Day, just make it special. Make it a day to remember.
An Edgard man accused of making threatening comments to police officers through...
In light of recent police shootings in Baton Rouge and Dallas, as well as a heated...
Christi Fraychineaud's fellow teachers at St. Rose Elementary School are trying to...
Hahnville High School-based Otto Candies has made state tournament runs before...
The Benefit Golf Tournament for Chad Grosch will take place Saturday, Aug. 20 at...
Former Destrehan High School teacher Shelley Dufresne, who pleaded guilty to having...
Bent's RV is a Full Service RV Dealership in Louisiana.
New camp gives disabled teens real-time work experience - 2779 views
When students of the Arc of St. Charles came ready to work Monday at Frank's Supermarket in Des Allemands, Manager Scott Guidry was glad to see them.