50 ways to LEAVE your lover?
How about 10 ways to KEEP your lover
Just slip out the back, Jack
Make a new plan, Stan
You don't need to be coy, Roy
Just get yourself free
Hop on the bus, Gus
You don't need to discuss much
Just drop off the key, Lee,
Just set yourself free.
For those looking to pull the plug on a “well-done” relationship, singer-songwriter Paul Simon sang it best in his 1975 song, 50 Ways to Leave Your Lover.
But what about the others - what about those of you who are perfectly happy with your partner? How can you keep them around for the long haul?
The Herald-Guide has searched high and low to find the best advice on how to YOU can get your significant other to stay happy and stick around.
1. When spending time with your lover, play their favorite music.
2. Whip up a yummy dinner that consists of all your lover’s favorite foods.
3. Dazzle him or her with unexpected gifts like a card or keepsake. Keep it simple, but thoughtful. Pick the “right” thing, not the biggest or most expensive thing.
4. Invite your honey over for a romantic candlelight dinner.
5. Say please and thank you for favors and for many small things that you and your lover do for each other throughout the day.
6. Give each other flowers regularly. Men love to receive flowers too!
7. If married, start the morning right by eating breakfast in bed with the one you love.
8. Give each other a massage. Try short five minute massages on a daily basis, as well as longer versions (one hour or longer) when time permits.
9. Write love letters to each other for no reason at all - just to show that you care.
10. Watching romantic movies together is sure to make any night a special one.
And remember - it doesn’t matter what you and your significant other do this Valentine’s Day, just make it special. Make it a day to remember.
Subscribe Today and Save!!!
St. Charles Herald-Guide is an award-winning newspaper that covers all aspects of St. Charles Parish - from schools and parish government news to social events, features on our local residents and sports.
Order your subscription today!
If anglers want to catch fish in Grand Isle, the speckled trout are in the surf and...
The director of the St. Charles Parish Housing Authority has stepped down on the...
The FBI has seized more records from the St. Charles Parish courthouse that appear...
As qualifying for parish and state elections takes place this week, a few longtime...
New coach, new offense, new defense, new quarterback – this year the Hahnville...
The body of a man who is believed to have jumped off the Hale Boggs Bridge in...
Spring is here and we are ready to offer St. Charles Parish complete landscape design installation & maintenance! Our full service garden center has a licensed Landscape Horticulturalist and knowledgeable staff to serve you.
Tigers overhaul offense, defense under new head coach - 719 views
New coach, new offense, new defense, new quarterback – this year the Hahnville Tigers are currently experiencing a once-in-a-generation overhaul they hope will see them improve on two back-to-back mediocre seasons.