Luling man sentenced to 99 years for sexually abusing daughter


August 08, 2014 at 9:10 am  | Mobile Reader | Pring this storyPrint 

Luling man sentenced to 99 years for sexually abusing daughter
A Luling man was sentenced to 99-and-a-half years in jail after he was convicted of sexual battery on a juvenile and attempted aggravated incest against his daughter, who was 8 years old at the time the crimes occurred.

The 31-year-old was arrested in March 2012 after his daughter accused him of sexually abusing her on at least four occasions. According to investigators, the father admitted he had a problem and said if his daughter told police he sexually assaulted her, she was telling the truth even though he had “no memory of it.”

After hearing from representatives of the victim last week, Judge Lauren Lemmon sentenced the man, whose name is being withheld to protect the identity of the victim, to 50 years in jail for sexual battery. The man must serve 35 years without the benefit of probation, parole or suspension of his sentence. Lemmon also sentenced him to 49-and-a-half years for attempted aggravated incest.

He will serve both sentences at the same time.

Before his sentencing, the man wrote a letter to Lemmon begging for leniency.

“My life has been destroyed for an accusation that they have no evidence of,” he wrote. “I will always love my little girl. I just want my life back that was taken from me.“I don’t deserve to be locked up for something I really didn’t do.”

However he went on to write that if Lemmon truly believed he committed the crime, he should be given 25 years or more in prison.

During the trial, jurors heard testimony from the perpetrator, the victim, several law enforcement officials and a nurse who treated the girl.




View other articles written Jonathan Menard

featured merchant

Landry's Outboard Motors & Repairs Service
Landry's Outboard Motors & Repairs Service Over 25 Years of Quality Sales, Service and Repairs on YAMAHA, MERCURY, EVINRUDE and JOHNSON Motors.

Parish postpones $525K site  purchase for P&Z relocation
Parish postpones $525K site purchase for P&Z relocation
- 828 views
Although the St. Charles Parish government had advertised its intent to buy a 5.6-acre site in Hahnville to expand government services, the move was reversed at Monday’s council meeting.

Become A Herald-Guide Insider

Get breaking news, sports and lifestyles straight to your inbox