$5 for your jokes & riddles
The COMMON SENSE test:
ANSWER: The beggar is her sister.
2. Is it legal for a man in California to marry his widow’s sister? Why?
ANSWER: No, the man is dead.
3. A man builds a house rectangular in shape. All sides have southern exposure. A bear walks by. What color is the bear. Why?
ANSWER: White. It’s in the South Pole.
4. How far can a dog run into the woods?
ANSWER: Halfway. Then he’s running out of the woods.
5. A farmer has 17 sheep and all but 9 have died. How many are left?
6. How many animals of each sex did Moses take on the ark?
ANSWER: None. Moses didn’t build the ark, Noah did.
7. A clerk in the butcher shop is 5 feet 10 inches tall. What does he weigh?
8. There once was a lady who really liked pink. In her cozy, little one-story house everything was pink. Even her dog. Her hair, her carpet - EVERYTHING. What color are her stairs.
ANSWER: She doesn’t have stairs.
9. There was an evergreen tree in the dark, ugly forest where ghosts, witches and Frankensteins lived. All of a sudden, a great gust of wind flew through the forest. Which way did the leaves on the tree fall?
ANSWER: It doesn’t have leaves, it has pine needles.
10. A doctor gives you three pills telling you to take one every half hour. How long would the pills last?
ANSWER: One hour.
If you’ve got a funny or riddle of your own to share, you can be our next Herald-Guide winner. All you have to do is submit your favorites to our weekly $5 Jokes and Riddles Contest.
Each week, Herald-Guide editors will choose the funniest joke or best riddle from all entries and award our cash prize.
But even if you don't win, you'll still get your name in the paper with an honorable mention.
Send your entries to email@example.com or post to: $5 Jokes and Riddles, P.O. Box 1199, Boutte, LA 70039
Subscribe Today and Save!!!
St. Charles Herald-Guide is an award-winning newspaper that covers all aspects of St. Charles Parish - from schools and parish government news to social events, features on our local residents and sports.
Order your subscription today!
Surveillance footage has been released of a vehicle suspected of running over a St....
The state wants to make changes to Highway 90 through Paradis similar to those...
The Beatles, Frank Sinatra, Judy Garland and Luciano Pavarotti all performed at New...
The Luling Volunteer Fire Department was called to the scene of two separate fires...
The Destrehan Wildcats fell 23-7 to the Acadiana Rams Friday (Dec. 13) in the...
Even though the election is almost a year away, two St. Charles Parish Council...
Your family barbershop, beauty parlor, and hair salon all in one convenient location. Bring the whole family to our friendly and attentive staff for a relaxing shave and haircut or complete hairstyle. Children's cuts $12.00 and Adults starting at $14.00
Dome Bound: Destrehan Wildcats seek third state title in 7 years - 939 views
When Destrehan head coach Stephen Robicheaux returned to lead the Wildcats in 2012, he knew that he faced a lot of pressure to quickly turn the football program around.