$5 for your jokes & riddles
The COMMON SENSE test:
ANSWER: The beggar is her sister.
2. Is it legal for a man in California to marry his widow’s sister? Why?
ANSWER: No, the man is dead.
3. A man builds a house rectangular in shape. All sides have southern exposure. A bear walks by. What color is the bear. Why?
ANSWER: White. It’s in the South Pole.
4. How far can a dog run into the woods?
ANSWER: Halfway. Then he’s running out of the woods.
5. A farmer has 17 sheep and all but 9 have died. How many are left?
6. How many animals of each sex did Moses take on the ark?
ANSWER: None. Moses didn’t build the ark, Noah did.
7. A clerk in the butcher shop is 5 feet 10 inches tall. What does he weigh?
8. There once was a lady who really liked pink. In her cozy, little one-story house everything was pink. Even her dog. Her hair, her carpet - EVERYTHING. What color are her stairs.
ANSWER: She doesn’t have stairs.
9. There was an evergreen tree in the dark, ugly forest where ghosts, witches and Frankensteins lived. All of a sudden, a great gust of wind flew through the forest. Which way did the leaves on the tree fall?
ANSWER: It doesn’t have leaves, it has pine needles.
10. A doctor gives you three pills telling you to take one every half hour. How long would the pills last?
ANSWER: One hour.
If you’ve got a funny or riddle of your own to share, you can be our next Herald-Guide winner. All you have to do is submit your favorites to our weekly $5 Jokes and Riddles Contest.
Each week, Herald-Guide editors will choose the funniest joke or best riddle from all entries and award our cash prize.
But even if you don't win, you'll still get your name in the paper with an honorable mention.
Send your entries to firstname.lastname@example.org or post to: $5 Jokes and Riddles, P.O. Box 1199, Boutte, LA 70039
Subscribe Today and Save!!!
St. Charles Herald-Guide is an award-winning newspaper that covers all aspects of St. Charles Parish - from schools and parish government news to social events, features on our local residents and sports.
Order your subscription today!
A Wisconsin organization has sent another letter demanding the St. Charles Parish...
New coach, new offense, new defense, new quarterback – this year the Hahnville...
Redfish have invaded Lake Salvador, making it easy for anglers to catch their...
The St. Charles Parish School Board wants to install a comprehensive video...
After a heated battle that lasted through the spring and summer, Destrehan head...
The St. Charles Parish Sheriff’s Office is still looking for the body of a man who...
Andrews Remodeling has over 25 years of experience in home remodeling, repair and additions. No job is too big or too small. We guarantee all of our work and believe the job is not complete until the customer is satisfied.
Non-profit expands to serve parish’s drug court participants - 607 views
Nestled in an out of the way part of the parish next to a duck hunting camp in Paradis is a new center where drug offenders in St. Charles Parish are offered a way to do community service that is not only a help to the community at large, but also to themselves.