Kitchen destroyed in late night fire at Luling restaurant
Luling Fire Chief Craig Petit said early indications are that an electrical fire was responsible for the damage, though a final determination will be made by the insurance company handling the case.
There appears to be limited damage to the outside of the restaurant.
The fire started a little before 11 p.m. on Thursday and burned for about 30 minutes before firefighters got the call and arrived on the scene. Petit said that the fire alarm for the restaurant was not set to alert responders, but only made a loud noise.
People staying at a nearby hotel called emergency responders after hearing the alarm.
“The fire had burned for a while before we got the call. By the time we got there the fire was small. It didn’t take long for us to put it out,” Petit said.
Along with the Luling Volunteer Fire Department, the Paradis Volunteer Fire Department also responded to put out the flames.
Subscribe Today and Save!!!
St. Charles Herald-Guide is an award-winning newspaper that covers all aspects of St. Charles Parish - from schools and parish government news to social events, features on our local residents and sports.
Order your subscription today!
The St. Charles Herald-Guide announces the hiring of reporters Anna Thibodeaux and...
Emily Charles, 21, had begun to drive herself and five longtime friends from a...
When Hahnville wrestler Kendrick Jones won the LHSAA Division I state championship...
The St. Charles Parish Sheriff’s Office arrested and charged a Boutte woman with...
Rather than rely on “hopes and prayers” to find funding for the West Bank hurricane...
Most nonprofits would, in a perfect world, want to pay their volunteers. But for...
Spring is here and we are ready to offer St. Charles Parish complete landscape design installation & maintenance! Our full service garden center has a licensed Landscape Horticulturalist and knowledgeable staff to serve you.
St. Charles Parish Hospital will ban smoking on campus - 982 views
Beginning April 1, St. Charles Parish Hospital will ban smoking throughout the property.