21 snack slimsations that fill you up and won't make you fat
1. 12 gum drops - 96 calories. Lots of flavors and colors and they're satisfying, too. Sure, they get stuck in your teeth - but that’s part of the fun.
2. 1/2 cup ice milk - 92 calories. Don’t complain about the weak flavor and thin texture. If you're an ice cream junkie, ice milk is better than nothing.
3. 16 medium shrimp, boiled - 88 calories. Various herbs and a dash of Worcestershire or pepper sauce punches up the flavor for just a few calories more.
4. 1 cup hot-and-hearty tomato soup - 90 calories. So rich, so smoothing, so satisfying.
5. 1 pound - that's right - 1 pound of delicious, vitamin-rich chicory greens seasoned with lemon juice or a splash of apple vinegar - 100 calories.
6. 1/2 cup plain nonfat yogurt with 1/2 cup fresh strawberries - 96 calories. Pretty fancy fixins’ for just a few calories.
7. 1 ounce beef jerky - 100 calories. One ounce of beef jerky is a lot if you don't get carried away and gobble. With a little effort, this snack could last an hour or more, providing lots of oral gratification.
8. 6-oz grapefruit juice - 80 calories. If you like grapefruit, go for it.
9. 4 pieces bubble gum - 100 calories, and it lasts a long time.
10. 2 slices thin raisin bread. Remember, thin slice, not thick - 90 calories.
11. 2 tablespoons raisins - 70 calories. Careful with raisins ... they're sweet and addictive.
12. 20 jelly beans - 82 calories. Easy there - you must stop at 16.
13. 3 graham crackers - 90 calories. Tried and true antidote for a sweet tooth.
14. 1 sesame breadstick - 56 calories. Hits the spot when you feel like nibbling.
15. 3 cups air-popped popcorn - 93 calories. Herbs and spices will “up the flavor quotient” without adding calories.
16. 1-1/2 cups fresh grapes - 90 calories. Don't overdo it.
17. 1/2 cantaloupe: 80 calories. Filling and delicious.
18. 2 medium apples: 80 calories. the snack doctors don't want you to eat.
19. 3 medium carrots, 90 calories. It’s hard to beat a good carrot.
20. 6 slices melba toast - 80 calories. As noisy and crunchy as any junk food, and just as filling.
21. 10 stalks celery - 80 calories. Crunchy and good for you. 10 stalks? You'll be snacking all day.
Source: Dieter’s Calorie Counter
Subscribe Today and Save!!!
St. Charles Herald-Guide is an award-winning newspaper that covers all aspects of St. Charles Parish - from schools and parish government news to social events, features on our local residents and sports.
Order your subscription today!
After finishing last season 14-1 and losing a host of key players to graduation,...
Ashlyn Frahm is this year’s salutatorian for Destrehan High School (DHS)....
HBO is back in St. Charles Parish filming an eight-part series called “Quarry” that...
A St. Rose man has received a mandatory sentence of life in prison for the 2012...
Although Randall “Randy” Harvey had an idea he might be named Destrehan High School...
To take control of one's life requires courage. Ms.Lucia specializes in depression, stress and anxiety disorders, parent-child relationships, and marital issues. Taking the first step is often the most difficult.
Wildcats forge new identity - 1041 views
After finishing last season 14-1 and losing a host of key players to graduation, the Destrehan Wildcats regrouped this spring to find a new identity.