21 snack slimsations that fill you up and won't make you fat
1. 12 gum drops - 96 calories. Lots of flavors and colors and they're satisfying, too. Sure, they get stuck in your teeth - but that’s part of the fun.
2. 1/2 cup ice milk - 92 calories. Don’t complain about the weak flavor and thin texture. If you're an ice cream junkie, ice milk is better than nothing.
3. 16 medium shrimp, boiled - 88 calories. Various herbs and a dash of Worcestershire or pepper sauce punches up the flavor for just a few calories more.
4. 1 cup hot-and-hearty tomato soup - 90 calories. So rich, so smoothing, so satisfying.
5. 1 pound - that's right - 1 pound of delicious, vitamin-rich chicory greens seasoned with lemon juice or a splash of apple vinegar - 100 calories.
6. 1/2 cup plain nonfat yogurt with 1/2 cup fresh strawberries - 96 calories. Pretty fancy fixins’ for just a few calories.
7. 1 ounce beef jerky - 100 calories. One ounce of beef jerky is a lot if you don't get carried away and gobble. With a little effort, this snack could last an hour or more, providing lots of oral gratification.
8. 6-oz grapefruit juice - 80 calories. If you like grapefruit, go for it.
9. 4 pieces bubble gum - 100 calories, and it lasts a long time.
10. 2 slices thin raisin bread. Remember, thin slice, not thick - 90 calories.
11. 2 tablespoons raisins - 70 calories. Careful with raisins ... they're sweet and addictive.
12. 20 jelly beans - 82 calories. Easy there - you must stop at 16.
13. 3 graham crackers - 90 calories. Tried and true antidote for a sweet tooth.
14. 1 sesame breadstick - 56 calories. Hits the spot when you feel like nibbling.
15. 3 cups air-popped popcorn - 93 calories. Herbs and spices will “up the flavor quotient” without adding calories.
16. 1-1/2 cups fresh grapes - 90 calories. Don't overdo it.
17. 1/2 cantaloupe: 80 calories. Filling and delicious.
18. 2 medium apples: 80 calories. the snack doctors don't want you to eat.
19. 3 medium carrots, 90 calories. It’s hard to beat a good carrot.
20. 6 slices melba toast - 80 calories. As noisy and crunchy as any junk food, and just as filling.
21. 10 stalks celery - 80 calories. Crunchy and good for you. 10 stalks? You'll be snacking all day.
Source: Dieter’s Calorie Counter
Hahnville head coach Nick Saltaformaggio didn’t hold back his enthusiasm after his...
Destrehan coach Stephen Robicheaux calls spring an evaluation period, and given the...
The St. Charles Parish School Board has stepped up its next move on a federal...
The odds said Zachary Hitt would never have the opportunity to attend his high...
When Blake Schouest was 12 years, his aunt brought him to the lab at MD Anderson...
A St. John the Baptist Parish deputy was arrested in St. Charles Parish Wednesday...
Craig's Barber Shop has been locally owned and operated for over 25 years. We do men, women, and children's haircuts. Come in and enjoy that unique barber shop experience! Walk in and relax a while with Craig, Cheryl, and Angel!
St. John sheriff's deputy arrested on drug, weapon charges - 3939 views
A St. John the Baptist Parish deputy was arrested in St. Charles Parish Wednesday morning and charged with possession of drugs and a weapon.