FOR WOMEN ONLY
What's in your purse reveals the REAL you
|Photo: Heather R. Breaux|
Emergency makeup and a crucifix for protection are must haves for Belen Conover, Luling, who also keeps teeth whitener, a checkbook, coins, business cards and more in her white purse.
"A woman's purse is her private world," Dr. Sheldon Ziegel told the Herald-Guide in an interview from his office in Boston.
"While the outside of the purse is exposed and superficial, the items within and the way they're arranged represent an intimate portrait of the owner."
The expert offers the following examples of how the contents of your purse reveal your personality:
- Cluttered purse. When the contents of a purse are so cluttered that a woman has to dump the bag to find an item, she's usually a warm, generous, outgoing person. She has a relaxed attitude toward life and is an easy-to-be-with person.
- Well-organized purse. The woman who knows where everything is in her purse is a no-nonsense individiual with a healthy sense of self-esteem. She finds it easy to perform beyond her capabilities - she is an overachiever.
- Be-prepared purse. When a woman's purse is filled with emergency items such a sewing kit, first-aid supplies, a penlight and perhaps even a weapon, she has more than her share of maternal instincts. She enjoys being "super-mom" or "super-secretary."
- Cover-girl purse. A woman with a bag loaded with cosmetics has a dramatic personality. She has a flair for the unusual, and active imagination, and she probably laughs and cries at the drop of a hat.
- Office-supplies purse. A woman who carries a wide variety of office supplies in her purse - notepads, pencils and pens, stamps and more - is an individual who likes to make every minute count. She makes extensive lists - shopping lists, birthday and anniversary lists - and actually refers to them.
- Photo-album purse. A purse crammed with photos of family and friends reveals a practical, down-to-earth, conservative individual. She's nostalgic and relishes memories and mementos from the past.
- Snack-filled purse. The woman who fills her handbag with gum, candy, nuts and other snacks is a born hostess. She can throw a party at a moment's notice and often does. She loves celebrations and holiday get-togethers and is happiest when unexpected guests drop in.
- Coupon-stuffed purse. The purse crammed with money-saving coupons indicates a woman who's cautious and thrifty with bot money and words. She'll say what she thinks without beating around the bush. She's totally honest and reliable.
Subscribe Today and Save!!!
St. Charles Herald-Guide is an award-winning newspaper that covers all aspects of St. Charles Parish - from schools and parish government news to social events, features on our local residents and sports.
Order your subscription today!
Former Hahnville High School teacher Royd Anderson will appear in a Lifetime TV...
Officials with a fertilizer company planning to build a $1.2 billion plant in...
The Krewe of Zeus will hold a public meeting on Tuesday, Sept. 30 to gather...
For the second week in a row the Hahnville Tigers allowed their opponent to come...
Business owners and St. Charles Parish Council members have expressed concern over...
It wasn’t always pretty, especially in the first half, but the Destrehan Wildcats...
Andrews Remodeling has over 25 years of experience in home remodeling, repair and additions. No job is too big or too small. We guarantee all of our work and believe the job is not complete until the customer is satisfied.
Parish zeroes in on Pier 90 to construct public boat launch - 809 views
After years of searching for an ideal spot to build a public boat launch, St. Charles Parish officials have targeted a popular bar and launch located on Highway 90 in Luling that is set to undergo an expansion.