FOR WOMEN ONLY
What's in your purse reveals the REAL you
|Photo: Heather R. Breaux|
Emergency makeup and a crucifix for protection are must haves for Belen Conover, Luling, who also keeps teeth whitener, a checkbook, coins, business cards and more in her white purse.
"A woman's purse is her private world," Dr. Sheldon Ziegel told the Herald-Guide in an interview from his office in Boston.
"While the outside of the purse is exposed and superficial, the items within and the way they're arranged represent an intimate portrait of the owner."
The expert offers the following examples of how the contents of your purse reveal your personality:
- Cluttered purse. When the contents of a purse are so cluttered that a woman has to dump the bag to find an item, she's usually a warm, generous, outgoing person. She has a relaxed attitude toward life and is an easy-to-be-with person.
- Well-organized purse. The woman who knows where everything is in her purse is a no-nonsense individiual with a healthy sense of self-esteem. She finds it easy to perform beyond her capabilities - she is an overachiever.
- Be-prepared purse. When a woman's purse is filled with emergency items such a sewing kit, first-aid supplies, a penlight and perhaps even a weapon, she has more than her share of maternal instincts. She enjoys being "super-mom" or "super-secretary."
- Cover-girl purse. A woman with a bag loaded with cosmetics has a dramatic personality. She has a flair for the unusual, and active imagination, and she probably laughs and cries at the drop of a hat.
- Office-supplies purse. A woman who carries a wide variety of office supplies in her purse - notepads, pencils and pens, stamps and more - is an individual who likes to make every minute count. She makes extensive lists - shopping lists, birthday and anniversary lists - and actually refers to them.
- Photo-album purse. A purse crammed with photos of family and friends reveals a practical, down-to-earth, conservative individual. She's nostalgic and relishes memories and mementos from the past.
- Snack-filled purse. The woman who fills her handbag with gum, candy, nuts and other snacks is a born hostess. She can throw a party at a moment's notice and often does. She loves celebrations and holiday get-togethers and is happiest when unexpected guests drop in.
- Coupon-stuffed purse. The purse crammed with money-saving coupons indicates a woman who's cautious and thrifty with bot money and words. She'll say what she thinks without beating around the bush. She's totally honest and reliable.
Subscribe Today and Save!!!
St. Charles Herald-Guide is an award-winning newspaper that covers all aspects of St. Charles Parish - from schools and parish government news to social events, features on our local residents and sports.
Order your subscription today!
HBO is back in St. Charles Parish filming an eight-part series called “Quarry” that...
After finishing last season 14-1 and losing a host of key players to graduation,...
Although Randall “Randy” Harvey had an idea he might be named Destrehan High School...
Ashlyn Frahm is this year’s salutatorian for Destrehan High School (DHS)....
A St. Rose man has received a mandatory sentence of life in prison for the 2012...
Affordable Appliance Repair is a small family owned business you can trust. We work on all kitchen and laundry products. With same day or next day service, call us and we come to you!
HHS golf tournament offers chance at free SUV - 1022 views
Hahnville High School is sponsoring a golf tournament on Friday, May 22 at the Ormond Country Club, located at 10 Villere Drive in Destrehan.