Burglary weapon could shed light on attempted murder case
Blanks’ last arrest came on April 15 when he and two other men were accused of attempted murder. A 25-year-old St. Rose man was shot numerous times in a drive-by shooting in the Preston Hollow neighborhood in St. Rose and Blanks was arrested for the crime and held on a $300,000 bond. He was later released when the charges were refused by the district attorney’s office for lack of evidence.
Sgt. Dwayne LaGrange, public information officer with the St. Charles Parish Sheriff’s Office, said Blanks was caught with the weapon during a burglary.
"We are looking at the weapon right now to see if it can be connected to any other crimes," LaGrange said.
District Attorney Joel Chaisson also said his office will be looking into the weapon found on Blanks as well.
"I’m sure my assistants will be looking into all aspects of this," Chaisson said. "We’ve tried to connect several guns we’ve had an opportunity to look at and I’m sure that will be one of them as well."
In a statement when Blanks was last released, Chaisson wrote that there had been a number of senseless shootings in residential neighborhoods.
"Witness cooperation is essential to the successful prosecution of these cases so I encourage any citizens having information regarding these crimes to fully cooperate with my staff and the police so that we can bring the criminals committing these acts to justice," Chaisson wrote.
Those with information on any unsolved crimes are asked to contact the St. Charles Parish Sheriff’s Office at (985)783-6807 or Crime Stoppers at 1-877-903-STOP.
Subscribe Today and Save!!!
St. Charles Herald-Guide is an award-winning newspaper that covers all aspects of St. Charles Parish - from schools and parish government news to social events, features on our local residents and sports.
Order your subscription today!
A multi-million-dollar expansion planned at Quixote Studios in St. Rose is on hold...
By Kristen Higdon
By Lori Lyons
There comes a time in every athlete’s life when he or...
As flames engulfed Ray Tyree’s home of 20 years in Destrehan last Thursday all he...
Although 29th District Court Judge Timothy Marcel ruled against Tim Mayeaux’s...
By Lori Lyons
In his first season as Hahnville’s head softball...
Over 25 Years of Quality Sales, Service and Repairs on YAMAHA, MERCURY, EVINRUDE and JOHNSON Motors.
Monsanto announces plans for $1B expansion in Luling - 2724 views
Monsanto President and Monsanto Chief Operating Officer Brett Begemann announced the company’s decision to begin its preliminary investment in expanding its St. Charles Parish operations in Luling.