Registrar releases election schedule
Of course the campaigning has been underway for some time in the race for President. Many residents have already decided who they will vote for and others are on their way to making a decision.
We will also have an important election for a congressman in St. Charles Parish since there will probably be two incumbent candidates on the ballot competing for one seat in Congress. This is due to the reduction of congressional districts in Louisiana which leaves two of the present incumbents in the same district - ours.
Registrar of Voters Brian Champagne has provided the following schedule so voters can plan ahead for the upcoming elections:
Congressional/Presidential Election on Nov. 6
• Absentee ballots must be requested between Sept. 7 and Nov. 2 and turned in by Nov. 5 by those who wish to vote absentee.
• Voters must register to vote by Oct. 8.
• Early voting at East and West bank offices in the parish can be done from Oct. 23-27 and 29-30 from 8 to 6 p.m.
• Regular voting will be at the polling places Nov. 6 from 6 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Congressional/Open General Election on Dec. 1
• Absentee ballots must be requested between Oct. 2 and Nov. 27 and turned in by Nov. 30.
• Voters must register to vote by Oct. 31.
• Early voting at east and west bank offices can be done Nov. 17 and 19-24 from 8 to 6 p.m.
• Regular voting will be at the polling places Dec. 1 from 6 a.m. to 8 p.m.
The west bank office is located in the St. Charles Parish Court House at 15045 River Rd. in Hahnville and the east bank office at 14564 River Road, New Sarpy.
Further information is available by calling (985) 783-5120.
Subscribe Today and Save!!!
St. Charles Herald-Guide is an award-winning newspaper that covers all aspects of St. Charles Parish - from schools and parish government news to social events, features on our local residents and sports.
Order your subscription today!
A homeless man who was caught driving a stolen vehicle in Norco filled with the...
With Hahnville trailing Haughton 14-13 late in the fourth quarter, linebacker...
The Triangle Food Store at the intersection of Paul Maillard and River roads in...
The Louisiana attorney generalís office recently ruled that it is against the law...
Destrehan High School English teacher Shelley Dufresne, who is accused of having...
A 54-year-old Destrehan man was arrested after he was accused of raping two young...
Bent's RV is a Full Service RV Dealership in Louisiana.
Hahnville takes high-powered offense on long playoff journey - 636 views
Coach Nick Saltaformaggio said Hahnville wasnít trying to send a message, but the Tigers racked up the most points they have all season in a single game, defeating Natchitoches 61-14 to start the Class 5A playoffs last week.