Registrar releases election schedule
Of course the campaigning has been underway for some time in the race for President. Many residents have already decided who they will vote for and others are on their way to making a decision.
We will also have an important election for a congressman in St. Charles Parish since there will probably be two incumbent candidates on the ballot competing for one seat in Congress. This is due to the reduction of congressional districts in Louisiana which leaves two of the present incumbents in the same district - ours.
Registrar of Voters Brian Champagne has provided the following schedule so voters can plan ahead for the upcoming elections:
Congressional/Presidential Election on Nov. 6
• Absentee ballots must be requested between Sept. 7 and Nov. 2 and turned in by Nov. 5 by those who wish to vote absentee.
• Voters must register to vote by Oct. 8.
• Early voting at East and West bank offices in the parish can be done from Oct. 23-27 and 29-30 from 8 to 6 p.m.
• Regular voting will be at the polling places Nov. 6 from 6 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Congressional/Open General Election on Dec. 1
• Absentee ballots must be requested between Oct. 2 and Nov. 27 and turned in by Nov. 30.
• Voters must register to vote by Oct. 31.
• Early voting at east and west bank offices can be done Nov. 17 and 19-24 from 8 to 6 p.m.
• Regular voting will be at the polling places Dec. 1 from 6 a.m. to 8 p.m.
The west bank office is located in the St. Charles Parish Court House at 15045 River Rd. in Hahnville and the east bank office at 14564 River Road, New Sarpy.
Further information is available by calling (985) 783-5120.
Subscribe Today and Save!!!
St. Charles Herald-Guide is an award-winning newspaper that covers all aspects of St. Charles Parish - from schools and parish government news to social events, features on our local residents and sports.
Order your subscription today!
Revelers are preparing once again to line the streets of Luling and Des Allemands...
A 24-year-old Luling man who was tracked down by a K-9 officer has pleaded guilty...
An auto theft ring operating in St. Charles Parish is targeting Chevrolet trucks...
Kurt Dempster is a Mardi Gras enthusiast with 20 years experience riding in...
Hahnville junior Kendrick Jones became the second wrestler in his schoolís history...
A Kenner woman and her mother are accused of using a hammer and knife to attack and...
Yes, you've seen us. Maison Decor is the premier home decor retail store located on highway 90 where Boutte meets Luling. So stop, come on in and you'll be surprised!
HHS grad takes unique approach to funding college - 1054 views
A Luling college student who is following his dreams to become an animator is looking for help in funding his education through a unique method called crowdfunding.