Registrar releases election schedule
Of course the campaigning has been underway for some time in the race for President. Many residents have already decided who they will vote for and others are on their way to making a decision.
We will also have an important election for a congressman in St. Charles Parish since there will probably be two incumbent candidates on the ballot competing for one seat in Congress. This is due to the reduction of congressional districts in Louisiana which leaves two of the present incumbents in the same district - ours.
Registrar of Voters Brian Champagne has provided the following schedule so voters can plan ahead for the upcoming elections:
Congressional/Presidential Election on Nov. 6
• Absentee ballots must be requested between Sept. 7 and Nov. 2 and turned in by Nov. 5 by those who wish to vote absentee.
• Voters must register to vote by Oct. 8.
• Early voting at East and West bank offices in the parish can be done from Oct. 23-27 and 29-30 from 8 to 6 p.m.
• Regular voting will be at the polling places Nov. 6 from 6 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Congressional/Open General Election on Dec. 1
• Absentee ballots must be requested between Oct. 2 and Nov. 27 and turned in by Nov. 30.
• Voters must register to vote by Oct. 31.
• Early voting at east and west bank offices can be done Nov. 17 and 19-24 from 8 to 6 p.m.
• Regular voting will be at the polling places Dec. 1 from 6 a.m. to 8 p.m.
The west bank office is located in the St. Charles Parish Court House at 15045 River Rd. in Hahnville and the east bank office at 14564 River Road, New Sarpy.
Further information is available by calling (985) 783-5120.
Subscribe Today and Save!!!
St. Charles Herald-Guide is an award-winning newspaper that covers all aspects of St. Charles Parish - from schools and parish government news to social events, features on our local residents and sports.
Order your subscription today!
The Louisiana Attorney General’s Office recently ruled that free dumpsters provided...
A 20-year-old St. Rose man has been arrested and charged with first-degree murder...
The construction of wing additions to three local schools are on track for...
A housekeeper from St. Rose is accused of stealing checks from the family she...
The St. Charles Parish Toy and Gift Fund had their biggest year ever as more than...
The St. Charles Parish District Attorney’s Office will pursue felony charges...
Grand Ridge Golf Club’s eighteen holes wind through the Willowdale subdivision. Become a member or just come play a round of golf, check out our merchandise in the pro shop, and have some lunch and a beverage at the 19th Hole!
Des Allemands man charged with home arson - 2648 views
A 43-year-old Des Allemands man was arrested and charged with an arson that destroyed a shed and caused extensive damage to a home on Matherne Drive last May.