Registrar releases election schedule
Of course the campaigning has been underway for some time in the race for President. Many residents have already decided who they will vote for and others are on their way to making a decision.
We will also have an important election for a congressman in St. Charles Parish since there will probably be two incumbent candidates on the ballot competing for one seat in Congress. This is due to the reduction of congressional districts in Louisiana which leaves two of the present incumbents in the same district - ours.
Registrar of Voters Brian Champagne has provided the following schedule so voters can plan ahead for the upcoming elections:
Congressional/Presidential Election on Nov. 6
• Absentee ballots must be requested between Sept. 7 and Nov. 2 and turned in by Nov. 5 by those who wish to vote absentee.
• Voters must register to vote by Oct. 8.
• Early voting at East and West bank offices in the parish can be done from Oct. 23-27 and 29-30 from 8 to 6 p.m.
• Regular voting will be at the polling places Nov. 6 from 6 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Congressional/Open General Election on Dec. 1
• Absentee ballots must be requested between Oct. 2 and Nov. 27 and turned in by Nov. 30.
• Voters must register to vote by Oct. 31.
• Early voting at east and west bank offices can be done Nov. 17 and 19-24 from 8 to 6 p.m.
• Regular voting will be at the polling places Dec. 1 from 6 a.m. to 8 p.m.
The west bank office is located in the St. Charles Parish Court House at 15045 River Rd. in Hahnville and the east bank office at 14564 River Road, New Sarpy.
Further information is available by calling (985) 783-5120.
Subscribe Today and Save!!!
St. Charles Herald-Guide is an award-winning newspaper that covers all aspects of St. Charles Parish - from schools and parish government news to social events, features on our local residents and sports.
Order your subscription today!
After winning their first three district games of the season, the Hahnville Tigers...
A new variant of synthetic marijuana may be coming to St. Charles Parish that could...
Two teens are accused of following a delivery truck through Luling in order to...
St. Charles Parish residents might see a familiar face while tuning in to...
The St. Charles Parish School Board will ask residents to approve up to $42 million...
The Destrehan Wildcats are on a roll after beating South Lafourche, H.L. Bourgeois...
Rooster Comb Barber Shop is an Old Fashioned Barber Shop with highly skilled barbers that were taught by Head Rooster himself (Alvin Boe). Family owned and operated, three generations strong! Walk ins welcomed.
SCAG announces January artists of the month - 827 views
The St. Charles Artists of the month for January are (from left):