Registrar releases election schedule
Of course the campaigning has been underway for some time in the race for President. Many residents have already decided who they will vote for and others are on their way to making a decision.
We will also have an important election for a congressman in St. Charles Parish since there will probably be two incumbent candidates on the ballot competing for one seat in Congress. This is due to the reduction of congressional districts in Louisiana which leaves two of the present incumbents in the same district - ours.
Registrar of Voters Brian Champagne has provided the following schedule so voters can plan ahead for the upcoming elections:
Congressional/Presidential Election on Nov. 6
• Absentee ballots must be requested between Sept. 7 and Nov. 2 and turned in by Nov. 5 by those who wish to vote absentee.
• Voters must register to vote by Oct. 8.
• Early voting at East and West bank offices in the parish can be done from Oct. 23-27 and 29-30 from 8 to 6 p.m.
• Regular voting will be at the polling places Nov. 6 from 6 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Congressional/Open General Election on Dec. 1
• Absentee ballots must be requested between Oct. 2 and Nov. 27 and turned in by Nov. 30.
• Voters must register to vote by Oct. 31.
• Early voting at east and west bank offices can be done Nov. 17 and 19-24 from 8 to 6 p.m.
• Regular voting will be at the polling places Dec. 1 from 6 a.m. to 8 p.m.
The west bank office is located in the St. Charles Parish Court House at 15045 River Rd. in Hahnville and the east bank office at 14564 River Road, New Sarpy.
Further information is available by calling (985) 783-5120.
Subscribe Today and Save!!!
St. Charles Herald-Guide is an award-winning newspaper that covers all aspects of St. Charles Parish - from schools and parish government news to social events, features on our local residents and sports.
Order your subscription today!
As Destrehan attempts to become the programís first undefeated state champion since...
Larry Cochran, D-St. Rose, took the lead and kept it for a win as St. Charles...
After a second round game filled with heroic plays and a furious comeback,...
For the first time since 2012, Destrehan lost a game on its home field ó and with...
Hahnville quarterback Mike Neal scrambled, desperately buying time as the halftime...
While many of the teams remaining in the prep football postseason will be adjusting...
Over 25 Years of Quality Sales, Service and Repairs on YAMAHA, MERCURY, EVINRUDE and JOHNSON Motors.
Parish President candidates address department heads - 985 views
Do you feel the parishís current department heads have done a good job under the V.J. St. Pierre administration? Why or why not? Do you plan to make any major changes to the administration if you were elected parish president?