Can you top this?
Luling man’s Edsel - it’s like riding on a cloud
And judging from the way other drivers “swivel-neck” to get a look at the 47-year-old mahogany-brown sedan, it’s safe to say our guy’s “baby” rules the road.
Ford Motor Company introduced Edsels in 1958 - and then yanked them off the market in 1959 because people thought they were too futuristic ... and avoided them like the plague. The country was in a recession, too, so a lot of potential car buyers were broke.
Pitre believes his Edsel is the only one in St. Charles Parish, but he isn’t sure. If you’ve got an Edsel, feel free to write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll pass along your name. He’d like to talk with you.
Got something bigger, better, older, cooler, wilder or weirder than Bonnie's "butter worker?"
We want to put you in the St. Charles Herald-Guide. Write: email@example.com or post a short letter describing what you've got to: Can you top this? P.O. Box 1199, Boutte, LA 70039. We'll do the rest.
Subscribe Today and Save!!!
St. Charles Herald-Guide is an award-winning newspaper that covers all aspects of St. Charles Parish - from schools and parish government news to social events, features on our local residents and sports.
Order your subscription today!
Due to a lack of evidence, a Luling man accused of killing his father is no longer...
Police are searching for a man who attempted to break into a St. Rose home and...
A St. Rose woman accused of poisoning her husband’s drink will avoid jail after the...
The Destrehan Lady Cats throttled H.L. Bourgeois and knocked off East St. John to...
A $5 million renovation of St. Charles Catholic High School will feature a memorial...
Destrehan’s football season came to an end Saturday night with a 23-7 loss to...
Spring is here and we are ready to offer St. Charles Parish complete landscape design installation & maintenance! Our full service garden center has a licensed Landscape Horticulturalist and knowledgeable staff to serve you.
Montz family loses everything in fire - 1300 views
Donated toys and clothes are pouring in for a Montz family whose home was destroyed in a fire on Saturday.