Know the score before puchasing “daily deals”
"These sites provide the opportunity to try new businesses at a discounted price," said LSU AgCenter family economist Jeanette Tucker. "However, shoppers need to be sure they read the fine print on their deals and understand the sites’ terms of service agreements to avoid complications when they redeem their deal vouchers."
The following tips from USA.gov will help consumers better understand the sites, shop safely and enjoy the deals they purchase:
• Check the expiration and black-out dates. Some of the popular vacation deals can only be redeemed during certain times of the year.
• Do your research. Spend five or 10 minutes reading reviews.
• Understand how you can use the deal. Some deals you can use more than once until the entire amount of the deal is gone, but other coupons you have to use all at once.
• Read the conditions of your specific deal before you buy. If you’ve read the fine print but still don’t understand everything, ask questions before you buy. Many of the daily deal sites have a frequently asked questions section.
• Verify which locations accept your voucher. Some deals for chains are only valid at certain stores.
• Know when your credit card will be charged.
• Check the site’s refund policy. Make sure you understand and are comfortable with a site’s refund rules before you make a purchase.
• Know whom to contact with problems. In most cases, the daily deal sites can’t help you solve problems with the company you bought the deal from. You will need to work with the company directly. If you have an issue, stay calm and state exactly what happened and how you would like the situation to be resolved.
For additional information on online shopping and daily deal sites, visit www.onguardonline.gov, the federal government’s website to help you be safe, secure and responsible when shopping online.
Rodney Naquin Jr. was sentenced to 29 years in prison after he pleaded guilty to a...
Destrehan basketball star Cara Ursin has left a tough act to follow, that much is...
Stepping on the front yard of Unit 201, Sabrina Ratcliff Lewis immediately recalled...
Katie Beuttner has always loved the water....
With school systems facing the prospect of potentially significant budget cuts on...
John Paul Devillier, who was found guilty of the attempted first-degree murder of...
Bent's RV is a Full Service RV Dealership in Louisiana.
‘Big Jeff’ lost home, 2 cats in Des Allemands fire - 2807 views
It wasn’t until three weeks after fire claimed Jeff Matherne’s nearly 80-year-old residence on Levy Road in Des Allemands that he was able to see that he had lost nearly everything.