Know the score before puchasing “daily deals”
"These sites provide the opportunity to try new businesses at a discounted price," said LSU AgCenter family economist Jeanette Tucker. "However, shoppers need to be sure they read the fine print on their deals and understand the sites’ terms of service agreements to avoid complications when they redeem their deal vouchers."
The following tips from USA.gov will help consumers better understand the sites, shop safely and enjoy the deals they purchase:
• Check the expiration and black-out dates. Some of the popular vacation deals can only be redeemed during certain times of the year.
• Do your research. Spend five or 10 minutes reading reviews.
• Understand how you can use the deal. Some deals you can use more than once until the entire amount of the deal is gone, but other coupons you have to use all at once.
• Read the conditions of your specific deal before you buy. If you’ve read the fine print but still don’t understand everything, ask questions before you buy. Many of the daily deal sites have a frequently asked questions section.
• Verify which locations accept your voucher. Some deals for chains are only valid at certain stores.
• Know when your credit card will be charged.
• Check the site’s refund policy. Make sure you understand and are comfortable with a site’s refund rules before you make a purchase.
• Know whom to contact with problems. In most cases, the daily deal sites can’t help you solve problems with the company you bought the deal from. You will need to work with the company directly. If you have an issue, stay calm and state exactly what happened and how you would like the situation to be resolved.
For additional information on online shopping and daily deal sites, visit www.onguardonline.gov, the federal government’s website to help you be safe, secure and responsible when shopping online.
Christmas will come early in St. Charles Parish when the Norco Christmas Parade...
Destrehan simply had no answers for Landry-Walker. ...
As the Bayou Gauche community mourns the death of resident Bart Dufrene Jr., who...
U.S. Sen. Charles Grassley is questioning the FBI and U.S. Department of Justice...
It's been more than 10 years since the Krewe of Lul had a Mardi Gras ball, but that...
Although Marilyn Richoux has been recognized for her many accomplishments in St....
Over 25 Years of Quality Sales, Service and Repairs on YAMAHA, MERCURY, EVINRUDE and JOHNSON Motors.
Krewe of Lul royalty remember their reign and parties - 650 views
The generations of Luling families keeping alive what has become the tradition of the Krewe of Lul is as much a part of this band of revelers as the parade itself.