Time to vote in St. Charles again
In it, there are runoffs in four races for state and parish positions and a constitutional amendment.
The runoffs are between:
• Lance Marino and "Charlie" Oubre Jr. for parish clerk of court
• Elton M. Aubert and Troy E. Brown for state senator from the 2nd senatorial district
• Gregory Miller and "Ram" Ramachandran for state representative from the 56th representative district
• Randal Gaines and Russ Wise for state representative from the 57th representative district
• Louella P. Givens and Kira Orange Jones for the BESE board from District 2
Vote FOR Constitutional Amendment
The Herald-Guide does not support individual candidates in elections because of the closeness of our community. We do, however, recommend passage of the constitutional amendment in this election.
It would prohibit the levy of new taxes or fees upon the sale or transfer of immovable property after Nov. 30, 2011. Such taxes are not necessary because any cost born by government in the transfer of immovable property by the people is already covered by existing fees. Adding to the expense of buying and selling property would be a burden on our citizens in conducting their business affairs and, in effect, hurt the economy.
Above all, however, if you did not vote in the early balloting last week, be sure you do so Saturday.
The St. Charles Parish Council cleared the way for a Southeastern Freight Lines...
Destrehan basketball star Cara Ursin has left a tough act to follow, that much is...
It was hard enough for Jimmy Stuard to deal with a diagnosis of colon cancer...
Katie Beuttner has always loved the water....
All of the ongoing renovations and upgrades to Rathborne Park aren't quite...
Recognized as an educator who inspires students toward conservation and the...
Bent's RV is a Full Service RV Dealership in Louisiana.
Nunez plates winning run as Hahnville bests Destrehan - 1426 views
After 10 innings last week, Hahnville and Destrehan were tied 1-1 and forced to suspend play in a District 7-5A showdown.